Officiating

I smell bad
Varsity

Officiating

Post by I smell bad »

How have the officials been this year? Good or bad? Let's try to keep responses in a general sense. No personal attacks, or accolades please.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Officiating

Post by Orange and Brown »

Okay with me!!!

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

the worst that I have seen have been at alex.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

I thought last year was a really bad year as far as officiating in general. I think this year has been better. Anyone agree/disagree?

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

really bad and getting worse from what i have witnessed. we really need to start seeing some new faces at some of these places. the same ole different day really is getting to be same ole, and it aint good.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

baldeagle wrote:The worst officiating i have EVER seen was at last weeks game between Eastern and Trimble. Those guys were horrible. It si no wonder it is nearly impossible to win in Glouster.

no lie, they were bad. they couldnt even decide when to run the clock, or when to stop it. and i dont care what anyone says, that is the officials job not the clock person. if the clock person messes up the refs are supposed to fix it, not make it worse. but the refs didnt make a difference in the outcome of that game.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

yeah it was bad at trimble, eastern held on almost every play not to mention all of those illegal chop blocks on the eagles that were not called.
If it weren't for the officials trimble would have beaten eastern alot worse.

the person running the clock didn't have a clue on what he was doing, that wasn't the officials fault, not calling the holds was thier fault.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Have seen bad calls, but the zebras are human beings. I have made mistakes the last couple of months, I should be willing to consider that when the officials make mistakes. The very bad officiating involves calls being one sided, I have not seen any of that this year.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

pappy1 wrote:Have seen bad calls, but the zebras are human beings. I have made mistakes the last couple of months, I should be willing to consider that when the officials make mistakes. The very bad officiating involves calls being one sided, I have not seen any of that this year.

Purposely one sided no, bad calls yes.
whompascat wrote:yeah it was bad at trimble, eastern held on almost every play not to mention all of those illegal chop blocks on the eagles that were not called.
If it weren't for the officials trimble would have beaten eastern alot worse.

the person running the clock didn't have a clue on what he was doing, that wasn't the officials fault, not calling the holds was thier fault.

I agree with TJ that the clock is the ultimate responsibility of the officials. If the clock is bad enough, they should opt to keep it on the field. However, in that game I have to wonder if the officiating crew could have kept up with the game at all if one of them was responsible for keeping the time on his clock.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

baldeagle wrote:The worst officiating i have EVER seen was at last weeks game between Eastern and Trimble. Those guys were horrible. It si no wonder it is nearly impossible to win in Glouster.

Add that to middle childs claim that Eastern had a really bad game and there is no wonder Eastern lost. Oh and MC blamed Easterns' coaches too. So I don't think the Eagles had a chance in this one. Of course they rarely do, no matter where the game is played. :mrgreen:

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

^^^^^^^^MOST EXCELLENT POST!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Thats what i am talking about if you are not in good physical shape then you shouldnt be out their

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

In defense of the zebras (cause I used to be one) most fans have no idea what the rules are let alone how they are enforced. When they see contact between a DB and WR it is automatically pass interference and that is not always the case depending on a lot of variables, there are tons of examples you could use. Like 4ever said give it a try sometime and see for yourself. Facts are most generally if you think its a bad call it was because it went against your team not because it was incorrect.

bobcatfan4728
Freshman Team

Post by bobcatfan4728 »

gahs4ever wrote:Has anyone ever noticed how fans really love to help the officials with calls that benefit THEIR team but suddenly go blind and get stupid when the calls go AGAINST their team?

I never noticed that before thanks for pointing that out. :lol: It bugs me at every game that people yell scream and have no idea what is going on. It is the ones that yell the loudest that are the most clueless.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I like it when a fan starts screaming bad call before they even know what it is,then when they find out is against the other team they start clapping for the call then they like to finish up with its about time they call it

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

DILLIGAF wrote:I like it when a fan starts screaming bad call before they even know what it is,then when they find out is against the other team they start clapping for the call then they like to finish up with its about time they call it

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bucknutnut
Waterboy

Post by bucknutnut »

gahs put it best, I hear alot of people applying ncaa and nfl rules on friday night which is not the case. That is the way it is because most everybody has tv, however only few have taken the class and state test to step on the field.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

A no-win post. ANY response to this is going to be subjective. If your team wins, you are more likely to be favorable. Like GAHS said, the vast majority of us couldn't pass the exam. I will say the worst officiating I saw was at the Ironton-Logan game. It was bad but mostly inept. I will say this; most officials do it for the love of the game. If you are going to do something for that reason, why not make every effort to be informed, educated and do it to the best of your ability? And finally, is their some mechanism to monitor and/or report bad officiating? How would a bad official ever be reprimanded?

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Dazed and confused, there are pretty much three ways (in my opinion) to monitor/reprimand officials. These can be official or unofficial. Two are unofficial and one is official. The first of the two that are unofficial, is for coaches to give poor ratings for the officials that do their games. This, in turn, will have an effect on the official's abilitity to procure playoff games. Secondly, just don't rehire them. This will send a message and as word gets out, will make it harder for them to procure games, period. The official way to get a reprimand is to forward game films to the state and if they feel it is bad enough they can suspend the official(s) in question.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

refs are like every other profession you have good ones and crap ones. but so far i havent seen any really bad games even the lttle weird guy the seoal uses had a quiet game the night he worked at ironton i forget what game he had. you know the one with the black hair that looks like a goodwill hairpeice :lol:

Return to “Football”