SOC2: Portsmouth West (5-2) @ Lucasville Valley (6-1)

coop
SEOPS

SOC2: Portsmouth West (5-2) @ Lucasville Valley (6-1)

Post by coop »

SOC2 matchup out @ Valley friday night, the Siders are coming off a tough loss to Minford and Valley is coming off a wroksman like effort up @ Waverly. Valley and West are both still in the race for the title, and The Indians are looking to prove they belong in the SOC2. Thoughts?

Valley 28

West 19

pbuck
All State

Re: SOC2: Portsmouth West (5-2) @ Lucasville Valley (6-1)

Post by pbuck »

I've got West

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Havent watched Valley this year but they hung in there with Coal Grove so they have to be fast and tough up front cause CG has a very good line. If Valley can win the line of scrimmage and keep Wests backs from getting through to the secondary they win the game. This is probably the game of the week.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

I have not seen Valley play this year, but if they can throw the ball then they should win this game. West looked terrible against Minford's passing attack last night.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

mikenmike wrote:I have not seen Valley play this year, but if they can throw the ball then they should win this game. West looked terrible against Minford's passing attack last night.

It looks easy when Oesch threw it on rope and hit them right in the hands on a dead stride all night!

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Game of the week, for sure. Should be a great game. I haven't seen Valley this year, I don't know how good of a QB they have, or how well they throw the ball. But I do know that the score between Minford and West, would have been alot closer, if Minford didn't throw the ball so well. West may not be able to stop Valley running the ball, but they will really slow them down. With #8 at linebacker, and their D-line, they will force any team to throw. Minford ran pretty good against them, but, the passing is what pulled us away from them.

Valley's D-fense will really be tested, the West backs run hard, and right at you.

Go Falcons!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Put 8 in the box and key in on Pendelton. :roll:

I'm expecting the big TE from Valley to have a big game receiving.

Valley should win this game by 2 TD.

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

Keep your chin up West, go out and win in spite of all the nay sayers. Do it for yourselves and your teamates, not your coach not your parents and not the fans

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
mikenmike wrote:I have not seen Valley play this year, but if they can throw the ball then they should win this game. West looked terrible against Minford's passing attack last night.

It looks easy when Oesch threw it on rope and hit them right in the hands on a dead stride all night!

Yes Oesch did throw some good balls but the West secondary has struggled all year. Don't get me wrong though because I'm not taking nothing away from Oesch and his recievers.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

Yes Oesch did throw some good balls but the West secondary has struggled all year. Don't get me wrong though because I'm not taking nothing away from Oesch and his recievers.

That might help Valley....they have one of the best receivers in the conference in Yates, and Coleman is pretty good at TE being like 6'5"

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

chicken_coop wrote:

That might help Valley....they have one of the best receivers in the conference in Yates, and Coleman is pretty good at TE being like 6'5"

And Coleman will be the only Indian I root for in next weeks game. You have to root for your blood

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Contrasting styles of play makes for some interesting matchups. If Valley plays like they did against Coal Grove, I like their chances. I just may have to make the trip to Lucasville.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Valley has the better offense, make no mistake about it.
I was absolutely astounded at how one-dimentional West was last night.
Valley can't allow West to go on long, physical drives. They have to step up and stop them early and often.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

I think if west would use the pistol formation more and get out of the old school power I, full house look they would be a little more dangerous. They used it a little bit sat night and it seemed to work pretty well, their qb seemed to be a pretty good athlete too.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:

And Coleman will be the only Indian I root for in next weeks game. You have to root for your blood

Without a doubt...

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Man that new Pearl Jam record is the shiznit!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Interesting matchup of very contrasting styles. Should be fun to watch.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

West is not the big deal at all Valley by 28.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

IMO I think Crabtree's Indian team will be too much for the young Siders of Triplett. Gotta give the nod to the Indians.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

jungle cat wrote:West is not the big deal at all Valley by 28.

Then the Indian should roll past the Siders and also have a relatively easy time with the Burg, right?

Return to “Football”