OVC Fairland(5-2) @ South Point(1-6)

jl724
JV Team

OVC Fairland(5-2) @ South Point(1-6)

Post by jl724 »

First ovc road game for the dragons.. Atleast the field won't be muddy and they can use there speed.
Im gonna take fairland 34-13.

Westfan
SEOP

Re: OVC Fairland(5-2) @ South Point(1-6)

Post by Westfan »

Fairland big.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Hey all I know is we wont have to play in the mud this week! :lol:

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Can't wait for the beat down the dragons are going to put on the pointers. The dragons should win big against a down pointer squad.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Hey, we all thought CG would blow them out, too. Yeah, the Hornets won by 3 TDs but there was nothing overly impressive about it.
Be careful Dragons! These guys have a winning streak against you guys so play like it!

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

South Point in the upset.

When is the last time fairland beat South Point?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

The last time Fairland beat South Point was October 29, 2004:

Fairland (3-7) 34

South Point 0 (2-8) - Final

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Fairland IMO

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I might have to make my third straight appearance at South Point's nice facilities and catch a quarter or two of this one.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

I'm thinking Fairland breaks the streak of losing to SP and leaves the Point 6-2.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Dragons need to stay focused and take care of business!Would like to thank Trimble and Tolsia for throwing us level 2 points all year!Now come on Meigs and beat Alexander this week,That could get us some big points there! :122249

shaynew
Riding the Bench

Post by shaynew »

Sorry earp i dont see the Dragons making it in.There 13th in points and there not gonna get any from beating Southpoint and Chesapeake.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Well we are not 13th we are 12th for starters!CalPreps has our max win out average somewhere in the low 15 point area which would make us either the 7 or 8 seed!But we have to win out no question!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Having watched both teams play, I'd say the lines are about even. Greg Taylor for SP is probably the best lineman in the OVC - definitely the best I've watched so far.
Fairland's big advantage is their speedy running game and their ability to pass the football. After watching 6 quarters of South Point football in the last two weeks, I have yet to see them throw a pass. I look for Fairland to crowd the line of scrimmage and force the Pointers to throw.
If South Point makes a game of it or pulls the upset, I'd expect the score to be low.

purplecrusader41
Waterboy

Post by purplecrusader41 »

fuzzhead wrote:Having watched both teams play, I'd say the lines are about even. Greg Taylor for SP is probably the best lineman in the OVC - definitely the best I've watched so far.
Fairland's big advantage is their speedy running game and their ability to pass the football. After watching 6 quarters of South Point football in the last two weeks, I have yet to see them throw a pass. I look for Fairland to crowd the line of scrimmage and force the Pointers to throw.
If South Point makes a game of it or pulls the upset, I'd expect the score to be low.

fairland will win by atleast 14 and i think adam lee is the best lineman in the ovc.
GO GREEN!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

earp wrote:Well we are not 13th we are 12th for starters!CalPreps has our max win out average somewhere in the low 15 point area which would make us either the 7 or 8 seed!But we have to win out no question!

If you beat Coal Grove and lose to any on else you will be starting the round ball in week 11. After seeing Coal Grove play though they weren't that impressive. Actually SP had the game fairly close and in most of the other games they lost besides Portsmouth SP was losing big time before half time. So as bad as I hate to say it the OVC is out of reach for the Pointers and whoever wins game 10 wins it all! Good Luck to the Dragons I would like to see you win it all seeing how the Hornets think they already have it in the bag.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

No one around here thinks we have it in the bag. Man. . . had to wait till the week after the loss to start taking jabs, didn't ya? Tisk, tisk, tisk. . . :roll:

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Fuzz, I am entitled to my opinion and some of your fans do think that you all are playoff bound. No I wasn't impressed with your game with the Pointers as were some of your fans as well. I expected us to get trounced just as we had in all our other games that we lost except Portsmouth. The Pointers are way down this year and if you can't beat us by more than 3 touchdowns then I think Fairland has a chance to beat you. Come playoff time I root for all the OVC schools first, and then the county schools. I hope you all make the playoffs but I would also like Fairland to make it. Afterall they haven't been to the playoffs as much. Good Luck to the Pointers this Friday but in reality I see us not having the personnel to keep up with the speed of the Dragons.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

osumufan,

I really don't have a dog in this fight but as a die-hard Tiger fan who is made to go to some CG games :oops: , I can tell you that the CG team that showed up at the SP game is no where close to the team I have seen play two other games. I was there and I admit they weren't impressive against SP but I can tell you that was not the typical CG team I saw beat Lucasville Valley and lose only by 3 to a very good Minford team. Didn't Lucasville hang like 42 on SP? I do think CG is a really good team that needs to stay focused and not overlook any of their opponents. Another showing like last Friday could definitely cost them a chance at playoffs.

Now, back to the topic at hand: I think Fairland wins by a td. I hope to hear some updates as my Tigers take on them Trojans.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

osumufan wrote:Fuzz, I am entitled to my opinion and some of your fans do think that you all are playoff bound. No I wasn't impressed with your game with the Pointers as were some of your fans as well. I expected us to get trounced just as we had in all our other games that we lost except Portsmouth. The Pointers are way down this year and if you can't beat us by more than 3 touchdowns then I think Fairland has a chance to beat you.

See how different "some of your fans" and a blanket statement like "the hornets" sound?
And no, I wasn't impressed with how CG played against South Point. I wasn't at the Chesapeake game, but I wasn't too impressed with that final score, either.
Portsmouth struggled with the Pointers as well, but then they ended up beating West. Portsmouth could very well end up 7-3 with a playoff berth. Not bad for a team that struggled with the mighty Pointers.

Return to “Football”