Belpre 0-7 @ Vinton County 0-7

Eaglepapaw
S

Belpre 0-7 @ Vinton County 0-7

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Well the week has finally come for one of these teams to get victory number one.I have some mixed emotions about this game because I have grandkids at both schools and I would like to see both of them get their first win.But I have to think that The Eagles will prevail in this one by a touchdown.Good luck to both teams and I'll be there for both,win or lose.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Re: Belpre 0-7 @ Vinton County 0-7

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I haven't seen Belpre play yet but I'm guessing the are a small quick group like normal for their school. VC is fairly big and a little physical but if the Eagles have good speed to the edge they will beat VC.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Vinton County is quick with good size up front, that is not the problem, all season the problem has been injuries, the Vikings were only able to dress 26 players last night for a varsity game.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

26 players? Heck that is what we have had all season with injuries...lol.. Belpre has a nice size offensive line however staying with the blocks and getting to the second level is a serious problem. I probably shouldn't say second level because we have to block the first level. IF the line plays like they did against Alexander there is no reason we don't have a few wins. HEART, PRIDE, and a little bite down stairs will win the game for Belpre.
Defense: Line fight off the blocks use technique don't simply walk into the block; WRAP WRAP WRAP these shoulder tackles are unbelievable. Break down make the tackle. You might get ran over but you hold on, stand him up, slow them up. You don't need to make the highlight reel. (sp is terrible...lol). GANG TACKLE!!! rip the ball. If one guy slows him down come in and make that big hit while he is being held up....that is the best time to lay some lumber. Pass coverage get in your zones if you are in zone coverage...Keep you head on a swivel and watch the QBs eyes and body stance (shoulders) in High School more often than not they will dictate exactly where they are throwing.
I know this has been taught to you through the years of football. Apply what you learn...and lets go out and do this!!!!!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I've got VC in this game

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I am going to go with Belpre in 4 over times!!!!!!!!!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I think Belpre wins. :idea:

Bigbluewarriorfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigbluewarriorfan »

From a Warren fan GO BELPRE you need this win

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

boilermaker wrote:I think Belpre wins. :idea:
Bigbluewarriorfan wrote:From a Warren fan GO BELPRE you need this win

That is funny, their neighbor is wishing Belpre the best, and our neighbor is rooting against us. :roll:

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Hawkeye ....Where did I say I was rooting for Belpre?
I said I think ,after watching both teams play Belpre will win . For the record I hope the Vikes prove me Wrong. :roll:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

These two charter members of the Tri Valley Conference square off for the final time as a league game.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Another coin toss pick.

mr.dude2010
Freshman Team

Post by mr.dude2010 »

good luck to both teams hopefully they have an injury free game (especially VC they cant afford any more) ... this depends on whether belpre plays like the team that almost beat alexander or not it should be a close game though

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

mr.dude2010 wrote:good luck to both teams hopefully they have an injury free game (especially VC they cant afford any more) ... this depends on whether belpre plays like the team that almost beat alexander or not it should be a close game though

it looks like that belpre will get there first win of the season. i say vinton county will play a good game but when they come out from half time that is were i see belpre open up the game. just hope both teams can stay away from the injurys this week

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Is vinton leaving the TVC? Someone made a comment that they would meet for the last time in the league. Just curious. I too must wish the Eagles good luck and go get yourself a win.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

7072 wrote:Is vinton leaving the TVC? Someone made a comment that they would meet for the last time in the league. Just curious. I too must wish the Eagles good luck and go get yourself a win.

No Vinton is still in the TVC Ohio but Belpre is moving from the Ohio to the TVC Hocking next year,thus ending the league games between the two schools.

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

c'mon eagles, keep working hard! sounds like vc has been bitten hard by the injury bug this year. don't take 'em lightly. any team on any given night......prepare hard, practice hard and on friday night play hard. someone will come away with that elusive first win. trick plays and big momentum shifts will play a big role in this one. be ready for anything. i'm sure they'll throw everything at us, including the kitchen sink. be disciplined, play hard, aggressive smart football and we can ride back down rt 50 celebrating.

go eagles!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I'm liking VC in this one

O_town_ANIMAL
Waterboy

Post by O_town_ANIMAL »

noreply66 wrote:I'm liking VC in this one

me to