Lutz goes for Record (7-1) Nelsonville-York @ (6-2) Ironton

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Lutz goes for Record (7-1) Nelsonville-York @ (6-2) Ironton

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Nelsonville-York travels to Ironton for a non-league Week 9 contest.

Both teams are coming off huge rivalry wins. NY over Athens and Ironton over Portsmouth.

This will be the fifth all-time meeting between the schools, and Ironton has won the previous four games.

Ironton leads all-time series 4 wins, 0 losses
1968 Ironton (A) 32-6
1969 Ironton (H) 60-0
1992 Ironton (N) 14-0
2008 Ironton (H) 43-28

NY will not have Week 9 available for a non-league game next year, so unless this game moves to earlier in the season, this will be the last year of this series.

I would love to see NY keep Ironton on the schedule. This would be a great early season game for the Buckeyes to see how they measure up to top schools and make key adjustments to solidify the team, much as the NY vs. Logan game used to be in Week 2 every year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Week 9: Nelsonville-York (7-1) @ Ironton (6-2)

Post by Dundas »

I would love to see the TVC get a huge win over the Seoal, but i think Ironton will be too much for the Buckeyes. Alot of people didnt give NY a chance against Athens, so maybe they can surprise some people down on the river...if Ironton plays like it was the last few weeks, i think they win by two or three touhdowns.
Good luck to the Buckeyes!!! GO TVC!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Athens is no Ironton.

The Tigers will win the game by several scores.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Ironically, this game came to be due to the fact that Athens left the SEOAL. On the original SEOAL schedule for 2008 and 2009 that was created as part of the 4 year out schedule when the SEOAL expanded, Athens and Ironton were to play each other as a SEOAL game in Week 9 in 2008 and 2009. When Athens left for the TVC, Ironton had a non-league opening for Week 9. Likewise, the uneven number of TVC OHIO schools created a non-league opening for Nelsonville-York in Week 9.

This game, as well as last years game, was a direct result of Athens leaving the SEOAL.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

well i dont think ironton's line is any bigger then athens they were huge and we held our own. this could be closer then you think it wasnt a blowout by any means last year either, its going to be a hard hitting game GO BUCKS

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

ironton just pounds, and pounds, and pounds that ball with those big backs they've got. tough to stop'em.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

It's not about the size of Ironton. . . it's about their disipline and physical fitness. They play like a well-oiled machine. They excell at the basics of the game and they get the absolute most out of their potential. It's like a military unit.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Ironton's O-line is one of the better units I have seen in recent memory. They have good size, but they're also technically sound, and VERY physical. N-Y rose to the occasion against Athens tonight, so I'm sure they'll be ready to play at The Tank, but Ironton is really, really good.

I'll take the Tigers by 2+ scores to give Lutz the all-time wins record.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Us against the World BUCKEYES !!!!!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Ironically, this game came to be due to the fact that Athens left the SEOAL. On the original SEOAL schedule for 2008 and 2009 that was created as part of the 4 year out schedule when the SEOAL expanded, Athens and Ironton were to play each other as a SEOAL game in Week 9 in 2008 and 2009. When Athens left for the TVC, Ironton had a non-league opening for Week 9. Likewise, the uneven number of TVC OHIO schools created a non-league opening for Nelsonville-York in Week 9.

This game, as well as last years game, was a direct result of Athens leaving the SEOAL.

Ironton has a few open dates next year. I think Ironton would be willing to keep this series going.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Lutz goes for Record (7-1) Nelsonville-York @ (6-2) Ironton

Post by Steely Dan »

What a difference a week makes. Buckeyes go up against another opponent as the underdog. The gap between the opponent from last night to the opponent next Friday night is huge.

Game is at the Tank, Tigers are going for the record for Coach Lutz. Uggh, does not look good for the Buckeyes. :122247

Buckeyes play their hearts out, but it is like climbing a greased pole. They are overmatched.

Tigers by three scores.

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

the tigers will win big. And inprove to 7-2 and Coach Lutz will get the record for the most wins ever in the State of Ohio

71tigeralum
Waterboy

Post by 71tigeralum »

Too bad none of the bigger papers in Ohio didn't pick up the news of Lutz tying the record.
I hope someone gets a press release ready in the coming weeks if Ironton wins and faxes news of the record being broken to the Dispatch, Plain Dealer and Enquirer so people outside the distribution range of a West Virginia paper see the news..
If I were AD, I'd get my Sports Information Director hat on and start writing and lining up #'s to call it in..

It just gets tougher to win with the distraction, but if you just focus like it's another game, the Tigers will Git R Done!!
GO Tigers, get points for the playoffs....

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironton is on a mission to put Bob's name in the record book alone @ home: Ironton 35 - N-Y 7

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I expect Ironton to win by multiple scores.

However, I thought they would just destroy NY last year, and it turned out to be a great game.

This year, I'm sure Ironton will respect Arnold, and will sell out to stuff him. NY will have to win with other people.

NY should prepare likes it's a playoff game, and realize that their early playoff opponent is not likely to be as good as Ironton. It's good practice. Plus, they should be thrilled to see their guys battle for four quarters, and to get out of town healthy.

ItownFanatic
Waterboy

Post by ItownFanatic »

What a big night it will be next friday night. both teams looking to dish out a win to show their true potential for the playoffs to come. I dont know much of NY this year, but with whats up for next week for the tigers, it almost seems to much to overtake. It's senior night also next friday night, some people don't realize that... they will come out firing in a win over the Buckeyes. i predict 35-21

Good luck to both teams, stay injury free... playoffs are close

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

This will be a great big night at Tanks Stadium next week...When Ironton wins they will be in the record book with bob lutz getting the record for the most wins...Senior night...and this should lock up a home playoff game for the tigers if they win. Ironton still isn't playing to their potential I don't believe...they need to work on getting preston to release the ball much earlier on the pass and not be afraid to pitch the ball as we would have had some major yards last night had he only let the ball go a couple of times...once we get past the regular schedule and get deeper into the playoffs...this is going to become crucial...I hope they keep practicing this against our regular season opponents to get better come that time...

Nelsontucky won't be easy to get past...but I believe the second half will again be the time that our line will shine...Ironton keeps pushing toward their third Championship....Ironton 42 Nelsonville 14

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

good luck to coach Lutz,and congrats on a great career :!:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NY can take the excitement of the end of the Athens game and try to build off of that at Ironton. Keep pumped up all week during practice!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XxLU-Npwsk

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

All I can say is that those of you in Ironton will be very suprised by the results of this game!!!! :122245

I hope the team has the same attitude about this game as the Ironton fans do!!

Bucks win!!!!!!!

NY-28
Ironton-27

Return to “Football”