Site Admin

SEOAL (1-7) Chillicothe @ (6-2) Warren

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Re: SEOAL (1-7) Chillicothe @ (6-2) Warren

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Warren has never beaten Chilli and will be taking this game VERY seriously.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

After six straight losses, Chillicothe did play hard against Jackson. Their kids showed a lot of heart, but I think the extra emotion might have been because of senior night. This week they'll have a long trip to Warren against a good Warrior football team. Chillicothe's defense may keep them in the game, but I just don't think they can put together enough offense to get the win. I'm taking Warren by a couple TDs, but good luck to both teams.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren will put it to Chillicothe

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Warren by as many as they want. Chilli just don't have the horses this year :122249

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Warren will move to 7-2 after this game

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

This is our homecoming, so our boys should make a good showing. Their dates will make sure of this. LOL

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

I'm sure that this will ruffle some Chieftan feathers (Pun Intended) Warren played 3 and 1/3 great quarters and a playoff team did the smart thing by getting key players off the field. I point out the Jackson/Gallia game a few years ago when the best running back was left in and got a serious injury in the last game of the season when the game was at hand. And a quick exit from the playoffs resulted. Warren could claim the 7 turnovers all when driving and several inside the 20 at Portsmouth was a lackluster preformance. But have not seen any talk of this nature, Warren took its lumps and moved on. Portsmouth played well and won, they were the better team that night, they got the "W", case closed.
A couple of mental let downs, let Logan receivers run free and Angle took advantage of them. Also one play does not win or lose a game, Logan "D" stymied Warren "O" for much of the game, bending but never breaking. Time of Possission was close and Logan had only 300 yds of Total "O", Warren about 200, most on the starters. Warren should be hungry to get back on the "W" track and get win number 7, going into the last game with the ever tough Ironton Tigers. Look to take care of this week first and formost. It is the most important game of the season right now. Week 10 will take care of itself.
Homecoming win: Warren 45 Chilli 10

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Warren plays like they did against Logan, they will win by a few scores. Chilly is capable of putting together a good game though, look at their Zanesville game. Need to stay on our toes and set up a huge matchup win Ironton. Warren has played very well on their home field the last 2 years, i expect more of the same.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Warren wins this game easy. No playoffs but a fine season for a broken program as they recover.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

hardrock -- Chilli had a field goal and two safeties (which we gave them on successive bad snaps on punts by our backup snapper down near the goal line). They played OK defensively, but our offense had a hand in that, too. We never felt they could score on us offensively -- even when they were first-and-goal in the waning moments with an opportunity to tie us. Strikes me that after that game, they rather gave up on the season.

Honestly, if Warren was going to be this good this season, why did they opt not to play us?

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

Warren big in this one as they continue to have a good season. This program is heading in the right direction. Next week against Ironton will make or break their playoff hopes. Good Luck to all SEOAL teams in their drive to make the playoffs.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Vegas: Warren didn't know. The kids had been working hard, but no one could predict that things would come together like they have. It has a lot to do with coaching too. This season could very easily have been a lot more like last season. These players created greater potential by working harder, then the coaching allowed them to achieve a bit more of that potential than they had been realizing the last few seasons. I know that makes it as clear as mud . . .

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Warren did not opt out as I have been told the open dates did not match up thing. I would like to see a Warren/Zanesville match in the near future. It would be a good close game for both schools.

:lol: This thought just crossed my feeble little mind. For the first time in many years of frustration. We don't have to patch the hole(s) in the ship. :o We just need to hammer out the dents. The ship is not sinking, hooray, hooray, hooray. :122249

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

warrnwarriorfan ... I kind of think you're right -- they progressed sooner than expected. Good for you guys. It's been awhile, eh?

7072 ... We were matched up in Week 5. I know for a fact WL was offered $$$ to to return to ZHS this fall in the same week, and turned it down. Now, if there was an issue balancing home/away this year due to contracts down there, I can't answer that. I do agree, though, that if we're in the same division like this, it might be worth pursuing a regular series.

LHFD57
Waterboy

Post by LHFD57 »

Warren is ready for another victory, and if they play like they did against Logan...WHS will win by a couple TDs. Good Luck to both teams, but I am rooting for the Warriors in this one. Go Blue!

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

I seen on another thread that Warren has a chance to finish as low as 5th in the conference. Is that true after such a great start and if so that makes me feel sick for this team. They need to win out and show everyone that this team is better than 5th in the conference.

randymac
Waterboy

Post by randymac »

I am CHS fan. However, this is a very bad football team with very bad coaching. They are poorly disciplined, one dimensional and have a snowball's chance in Hades of winning. I have it on a very good source that Coach (I use the term lightly) Davidson is resigning at the end of the season and will retire from teaching at the end of the school year. FINALLY!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The coach resigning won't change the fact that the talent level is down and appears to be down for awhile. Rebuilding will be a multiple year thing. Chilly is a long way off from being good again.

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

hardrock21 wrote:Warren plays like they did against Logan, they will win by a few scores. Chilly is capable of putting together a good game though, look at their Zanesville game. Need to stay on our toes and set up a huge matchup win Ironton. Warren has played very well on their home field the last 2 years, i expect more of the same.

Sorry to say it that team that played Zville was 6 weeks ago that group is dreaming of basketball!!! Warren gets there first win over Chilly BIG!!!!

Return to “Football”