7 coal grove - won
8 ridgewood - won
9 caldwell - play saturday v. bishop rosecrans
10 wheelersburg - won

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Re: Region 19 top ten...

Post by MuletownManiac »

Minford beat a D3 team, and the Burg(who Minford beat) beat a 7-1 D5 team so that is big points for Minford. Oak Hill beat a D6 school so that should be interesting.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Let Mr. Eitel work his magic and let's see where the chips fall tomorrow. A few schools in the top eight are playing opponents in week 10 that really won't help them out from a points standpoint due to their woeful win-loss records. Things will be shaken up a little bit between now and a week from tomorrow.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

yeah...burg got some good points tonight from valley....minford did good in the points department tonight as well.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

NY will take quite a tumble. . .

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Wheelersburg will be playing a 6-3 DIV team in West. Burg has to win. They also have the opportunity of 5 of the teams they beat winning.

Burg hopefully will make a big leap this week.

NY will be hurt by the loss tonight and then they play a team that had one win going into tonight.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Minford got 4 pts from burgs win tonight. And if I remember, waverly only had 14 lvl1 points so Minford didnt get helped alot from that for 2nd level pts, just like Burg last week, but any points work for u. Burg got 31 lvl2 points for beating Valley. Ptown and RH won, Ptowns win over D2 Marietta was cool! let Joe figure, I agree.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

fuzzhead wrote:NY will take quite a tumble. . .

And they won't get much help next week from Vinton County with only 1 win unless they won tonight and that's still only 2 wins. It will be interesting to see where they end up.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

didn't vinton county play alexander? if that's correct, then VC lost.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Alexander won big, not sure if it was against VC

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

It definitely looks like Wheelersburg, Coal Grove, and Ridgewood now control their own destinies.

It's looking like the best bet for the top 8 would be:

Fredericktown, Liberty Union, Wheelersburg, Oak Hill, Minford, Ridgewood, Monroe Central, and Coal Grove.

Only the Good Lord knows who's going to end up where as far as seeding goes. :roll:

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

i don't remember...i tend to get all the scores and teams jumbled up around this hour. :oops:

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I think burg will be traveling week 11. Just dont know where. Have to wait and see what VASJ will do 2m night, I think they will win against Chanel. I hope its close, like Oak hill possibly. That would be a great game. Coal grove keeps sliding because they play lessor teams and Fairland losing tonite. But Burg must beat West to even make it in imo!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yep, Burg has to win next Friday first. Would be nice to go to Oak Hill, CoalGrove or Minford.

Woodsfield, Fredericktown and Ridgewood are all 3 hours away or more.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Week 9 Joe Eitel is out:

1)Monroe Central
2)Oak Hill
3)Fredericktown
4)Minford
5)Ridgewood
6)Coal Grove
7)Nelsonville York
8)Liberty Union
9)Wheelersburg
10) Caldwell

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Yep, Burg has to win next Friday first. Would be nice to go to Oak Hill, CoalGrove or Minford.

Woodsfield, Fredericktown and Ridgewood are all 3 hours away or more.

For the sake of the Burg players and fans I hope they play close to home. My senior year, Minford went to Johnstown and it was close to a 3 hour drive and Fredricktown is 40 minutes further north!
Vladimir wrote:Week 9 Joe Eitel is out:

1)Monroe Central
2)Oak Hill
3)Fredericktown
4)Minford
5)Ridgewood
6)Coal Grove
7)Nelsonville York
8)Liberty Union
9)Wheelersburg
10) Caldwell

Im surprised that Oak Hill is still up pretty high. You would think playing a D-6 would bring them down.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Liberty Union is a loss away from missing the playoffs altogether. Defending 5:19 champs, gave Amanda-Clearcreek all they wanted, yet a road loss against a good West Jefferson team away from missing out on even getting a chance to repeat. :shock:
If they get bumped, Fredericktown has to be considered the early favorite.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Incognito wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Im surprised that Oak Hill is still up pretty high. You would think playing a D-6 would bring them down.

Oak Hill's teams (the ones they beat) keep winning. I think people make too much about divisions sometimes. They are important , but not as much as people make them out to be sometimes. You are only talking about a .5 point difference from level 1 points beating a division 6 school than a division 5 school. It is better to beat division 6 school that wins some games than to beat a division 5 team that doesn't win many.
People keep forgetting how the point system works (not implying that you are one of them). It doesn't matter who the teams you beat end up defeating as long as they win some games so that their level 1 points increase. The team you beat may beat some really bad teams that don't win many games, but as long as they keep winning, it gives you points. I believe this is why Oak Hill's position has stayed pretty high.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Vladimir wrote:Week 9 Joe Eitel is out:

1)Monroe Central
2)Oak Hill
3)Fredericktown
4)Minford
5)Ridgewood
6)Coal Grove
7)Nelsonville York
8)Liberty Union
9)Wheelersburg
10) Caldwell

My oh my what an 8 seed.. Although they probably move closer with a win next week over 8-1 West Jefferson.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

preps_fan1980 wrote:didn't vinton county play alexander? if that's correct, then VC lost.

vc lost 42-14

Return to “Football”