Site Admin

Wellston @ Alexander

Post by mattash »

Big game for Alexander

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Wellston @ Alexander

Post by Dundas »

A must win for the spartans...and i think thats what they will do. The Rockets will put up a fight like they have all year...but with the playoffs starting this week for Alex, i think they get it done.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Sparty in a close one

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Wellston's season has come down to this. Go to Albany and knock the Spartans out of the playoffs. Coach Arno (COY<IMO) will have his team ready for the Rockets .He knows Wellston isnt as bad as the record says.This will be a good game and down to the last possesion .
Wellston just couldnt get over the hump this season .They played a tough non-conference schedule and lost some close games to some good teams.
I am hoping for a good clean injury free game .

Sorry coach Arno , a good friend and a former Wellston coach but we are going to come over there friday night to win. ;-)

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Any other year, I'd be cheering for the Spartans to beat Wellston. Not this year. NY needs all the playoff points we can get, and a Wellston win will give us points, but an Alex win won't. So good luck Rockets!!!! Pull off the upset! :-D

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Nybuckeye96 , If Wellston does lose friday I will have a reason to be happy if it Knocks Buchtel out of the post season. :idea:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

boilermaker wrote:Nybuckeye96 , If Wellston does lose friday I will have a reason to be happy if it Knocks Buchtel out of the post season. :idea:

Well Buchtel doesn't have a team any more so thats okay!!!! :122245 :122245

I think Wellston can win this game!! I think they can win it by a couple of touch downs!! :122245

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

it's hard to win in albany.
If it's close all the calls go to the home team, the worst place to play in the t.v.c.

HelmetSplitter
Waterboy

Post by HelmetSplitter »

Says the Trimble fan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

There is a High School and a football field named boston field in Buchtel Ohio. I just thought it would be easier to type than the other name .

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

boilermaker wrote:There is a High School and a football field named boston field in Buchtel Ohio. I just thought it would be easier to type than the other name .

That is part of the city of Nelsonville. Just type NY!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I like Alexander in this one, by about 10 points. Wellston will hang in there, but Alex's defense will show up for this game and keep the Rockets in check.

Oh, and whompascat, I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on the worst place to play in the TVC. It isn't Albany. It has got to be Waterford, the absolute worst field in the league, and you get those Washington County officials, well, you know what you are getting there..... :roll: :roll:

Good luck to both teams, play hard and injury free.

Bishtakes
Riding the Bench

Post by Bishtakes »

Boiler...About 15 years ago, the city of Nelsonville annexed the school and a few property owners for the city income tax base of the employees at the high school and elementary school into the city of Nelsonville. Most could care less what city the school is located in, just thought you needed to know.

As for rooting against us to NOT get into the playoffs...please explain the reasoning, I don't get it.

I'll be rooting for your Rockets and I am thinking about taking them on my weekly radio picks.

GO ROCKETS !!!!!!!!!!!

bobcatfan4728
Freshman Team

Post by bobcatfan4728 »

Bishtakes wrote:Boiler...About 15 years ago, the city of Nelsonville annexed the school and a few property owners for the city income tax base of the employees at the high school and elementary school into the city of Nelsonville. Most could care less what city the school is located in, just thought you needed to know.

As for rooting against us to NOT get into the playoffs...please explain the reasoning, I don't get it.

I'll be rooting for your Rockets and I am thinking about taking them on my weekly radio picks.

GO ROCKETS !!!!!!!!!!!

But doesn't buchtel buckeyes have a nice ring to it. :lol:

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Bishtakes, I really only pull for two teams . One of course is the Rockets,the other is the Tigers of Ironton.
I was only being sarcastic towards nybuckeye96 and his post .
If Nelsonville makes it I wish them good luck , but if I go to support a playoff team it will be Ironton.
I also like to get the Buckeye fans riled up with the Buchtel comments . It is really funny to me how most of them deny that the field or the school is in Buchtel.I just get a kick out of it.

thirtytrap
Freshman Team

Post by thirtytrap »

Going with Alex on this one 28 to 14

Bishtakes
Riding the Bench

Post by Bishtakes »

I'm with ya...Good Luck

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

Would love to see wellston win we need those points but the TVC is so strong this year with power teams im not even sure who would when this slug fest lol good luck toboth teams and hope no one gets hurt :12223

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

What a year of First for Alexander...
1st time ever they defeated Nelsonville-York ever in Football...(awesome feat)
1st time they will ever make the Play-Offs?

I do feel Coach Arno will get his Spartans the WIN Friday versus Wellston, and I hope that in doing so they will get into the Play-Offs...

Good Luck to Alexander are their Mission to get into Week 11...

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

I think that Wellston could hang with Alex. I was talking to a Spartan parent at the game friday and he said that he bought his kid the 3/4 inch cleets at Dunhams where the other players got theirs. Wellston needs to run to Dunhams to be able to run at Alex. Should be a good game.

Return to “Football”