Who wins?

Total votes: 0

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: (2) Logan vs. Brookhaven (3) @ Gahanna

Post by loganlocos »

Brookhaven

Big, Fast, and Physical

And despite "common knowledge" - a disciplined football team with great coaching.

You don't win a state championship without discipline. And the city league gets a bad rap, Brookhaven has a state title, Eastmoor was runner-up a year ago, and Marion-Franklin's win last night proves that.

Logan will need to play their best game of the season.

"Survive and Advance"

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

God luck Logan...Keep it goin!!!

loganphan
Riding the Bench

Post by loganphan »

Lotta athletes in this game.
if Logan makes a couple costly turnovers, this game can go in b-havens favor !

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Logan can win this game if they can contain the speed of Brookhaven.......I was very impressed with Patrick Angle vs. Canal Winchester........watched the game on STO.......he throws the 10 to 15 yard sideline pass with a lot of zip.......he also made some nice throws on the run........the Chieftains O-line must protect Angle against what most likely will be the fastest D-line LHS has faced this year.

Logan has a nice set of receivers........if Angle can get the time, he can get them the ball........Brookhaven will be tested to cover all of them.

Very hard to believe that Angle is not being heavily recruited by hardly anyone........my alma mater OU is interested.........I would be happy to have him in Athens.......Patrick is a no doubt a D1 QB in my opinion.

Right now I plan on making the trip to Gahanna to watch the SEOAL champions.

loganphan
Riding the Bench

Post by loganphan »

O.U has contacted Angle, along with ball state
im pretty sure O.U just signed a q.b

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Watched the game on TV. Not bad, but not great. Must do better. I had predicted 35-7 , so I was close.

Brookhaven will be a step up. Gahanna is a good facility. Lots of athletes and more speed this time. They can be handled. Might expect Logan to use the stack & double stack formations to get some room for their receivers. Angle has to know when to pull it down & run rather than throw it up for grabs or take a sack. And the D needs to contain and wrap up on tackles. Canal got extra yards from poor tackles. With Lousiville beat, this game may be the toughest for Logan to get out of the regional.

This will be a closer game. I like Logan by 10.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Brookhaven's schedule has them better prepared, than CW, to compete for a D2 state title.
The Columbus city league is better preparation than the MSL or the SEOAL.
Logan's non league schedule is their best preparation.
Hope the chieftans have a great week of practice.
One game at a time.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

should be a great game....but i think Logan pulls it out in the second half with key stops and long scoring drives, the chiefs are on a mission, i dont see anyone stopping them to get were they want to be

Logan 28
Brookhaven 17

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TROJANDAVE , I WATCHED IT AS WELL, ON DIRECTV, ON STO./ WAS REALLY COOL.
canal had their chances , but could not convert in the redzone. patrick angle looked amazing , what a spectacular fade route catch in the endzone. amazing loft by angle, and ups by the reciever. canal looked very game. just shot themselves in the foot. you can't do that with logan, thats what we did in the last 4 minutes of the game. logan's to good to turn the ball over on. good luck next week. YTB. :-D

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

Locos is right about Brookhaven's discipline. You can't be undisciplined and achieve their success year in year out. I do however believe that Logan is more disciplined, simply because coach Amyx is a discpline kind of coach. He's the son of a MARINE, and he preaches discipline.

One thing I saw that is promising for the Chiefs in this game and beyond is the play of the D line. I don't know, but didn't they have 6 sacks last night. pretty good against a o line with that size and athleticism, and a quarterback that could tuck the ball away. Getting pressure on a quarterback does a lot to negate a teams speed advantage, and a sack on second or third down is a turnover without the field position gain.

Offensively, Patrick Angle needs to be very accurate, the brookhaven kids will break up or intercept anything that is not very well thrown. If they are jumping the short outs they need to pitch that deep ball. Pump the out, look one way go the other, especially if brookhaven is playing one safety. The way he throws it, I like the deep ball 2/3 of the time when his man is in single coverage. Pat's deep balls were money last night, but because there wasn't any fake or look down on the safety there was help coming topside. Id look for wolfe to be more clever friday.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I was thinking that before the season started I heard somewhere that Lancaster man-handle Haven in a scrimmage.---?????

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

I remember at the beginning the Dispatch liked Brookhaven to be the best team in the region if not the state at D2.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Whatever happened in the scrimmage was erased by the CLOSE game at Hilliard Davidson, and a 2 point victory over Marion-Franklin. As we all have 1st hand knowledge of what M-Fr. did to Louisville. I see this being a VERY tough game. Lots of prep and good game plans are gonna be HUGE.
HD is a top team in D-1 for a reason, and that close one makes me believe that this may be the stiffest test 'till The Cincy Region plays Region 7.
GOOD LUCK!
GO CHIEFS!!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

noreply66 wrote:I was thinking that before the season started I heard somewhere that Lancaster man-handle Haven in a scrimmage.---?????

i remember that too. i can't remember if it was on there or the puddle.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

noreply66 wrote:I was thinking that before the season started I heard somewhere that Lancaster man-handle Haven in a scrimmage.---?????

Davidson 22, Brookhaven 13

Davidson 45, Lancaster 14
Davidson 28, Lancaster 7

I think there is no doubt that Brookhaven is a better team than Lancaster.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Re: D2 - R7: (2) Logan vs. (3) Brookhaven @ Gahanna

Post by Schnellfritz »

Good Luck, Logan!!! One more week, one more win. Keep getting closer to your dream. This may be your last chance in high school. Play it like your hearts depend on it. GO CHIEFTAINS!!

Wow, being a Warren fan, that was a little difficult to say! LOL. GO SEOAL!!!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

this should be an exciting game :!:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Game is at Hamilton Township

Return to “Football”