Valley (4-0) vs. South Point (1-3)

socchamps1011
Waterboy

Valley (4-0) vs. South Point (1-3)

Post by socchamps1011 »

Thoughts?? I'm predicting a blowout in favor of the indians after beating a good cheapeake team...

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Re: Valley (4-0) vs. South Point (1-3)

Post by ZacBrownBand »

I don't see Valley getting tripped up in this one. Valley will win by however much they want, depends on if Crabtree wants to put back-ups in 3rd or 4th quarter

1darkhorse
Waterboy

Post by 1darkhorse »

The Indians are too much for south point. Valley by as much as they want.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Valley

SittingBull
Waterboy

Post by SittingBull »

I agree with FIDO, Valley Needs to take it one game at a time; However, having noted that -

Does this game really even warrant it's own thread? I admit, I haven't seen S.P. play, but from reading other threads and seeing previous scores as well as my Braves play, I'm fairly confident the Braves are gonna ride big in this one. Not a question of are they gonna beat them, rather how bad are they gonna beat them (physically and mentally). :?

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

As much as everyone else is impressed with Valleys offense I think they still can improve a lot. Yates is still getting his timing down with the receivers, which is expected considering he missed most of the summer camps and scrimmages. When Dwyer fully recovers, and they start getting Hartley more involved the Indians offense will be hard to stop. Keller has been playing lights out, but he's not the only athlete on that team. Valley can be much more dangerous, considering they only threw for 60 some yards last week. I expect everyone else to step up there game this week and roll through SP and be in full stride for league play.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I agree that Valley still hasn't put it completely put in together offensively just yet. And that is scary. The biggest thing is that the Indians have the most balance offense in the area. Look for more throwing the next couple of weeks to give Keller a small breather and to fine tune the air attack. Valley rolls South Point and heads to SOC Play 5-0 for the 2nd straight year.

Valley 53
SP 6

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Well said brother... lol! I think Valley could come out and pick either style of play Friday night and walk away with a convincing victory. I look for Keller to carry it 12-15 times and catch 3-4 passes while the likes of Arnett and Rowe take up the other carries until the other reserves make an appearance. My guess is Yates will throw the ball around 15 times and hopefully not have to run very often. The biggest thing this week is to stay healthy while smoothing out any rough edges.

Valley should win this game by 35-40 points.

SittingBull
Waterboy

Post by SittingBull »

FIDO,
GAHS would be an OK opponent; I personally would like to see Valley start playing some more in the Ohio "Interior" like Bishop Ready, Grandview Heights, Baltimore Liberty Union, Nelsonville, etc. I think it would be just a better level of competition and to be honest, only just a little further than Chessy, RH, etc., and lest we not forget - MORE COMPUTER POINTS!!!!

To all you other "experts" out there,
Thank you all for analyzing Valley's team the way you are, I'm sure the kids really appreciate it - I know I would have at their age. I'm sure your YEARS and YEARS of experience playing as well as your sheer will and drive are helping steer our young Braves in the right direction.... THANK YOU!!!!! Oh, and on a side note, I think they're all doing just fine - after-all, they are 4-0. :roll:

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

SittingBull wrote:FIDO,
GAHS would be an OK opponent; I personally would like to see Valley start playing some more in the Ohio "Interior" like Bishop Ready, Grandview Heights, Baltimore Liberty Union, Nelsonville, etc. I think it would be just a better level of competition and to be honest, only just a little further than Chessy, RH, etc., and lest we not forget - MORE COMPUTER POINTS!!!!

To all you other "experts" out there,
Thank you all for analyzing Valley's team the way you are, I'm sure the kids really appreciate it - I know I would have at their age. I'm sure your YEARS and YEARS of experience playing as well as your sheer will and drive are helping steer our young Braves in the right direction.... THANK YOU!!!!! Oh, and on a side note, I think they're all doing just fine - after-all, they are 4-0. :roll:
I agree completely with your first paragraph, but what in the hell are you talking about in the second one?

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

I think I hear "Taps" playing.

SittingBull
Waterboy

Post by SittingBull »

Thanks to those of you who agree with Sitting Bull. What I was speaking to in the second paragraph is to all of those who deem it necessary to comment on every little aspect of our Brave's games and teams, especially when individuals have very little if no room to talk. Now I realize that this is a broad generalization and that not all on here fit into this category, but c'mon.... when it gets to the point of "Valley still hasn't put it completely put in together offensively just yet" and "as much as everyone else is impressed with Valleys offense I think they still can improve a lot. Yates is still getting his timing down with the receivers, etc..." and they're 4-0, somethings gotta give. But then again, what do I know.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

SittingBull wrote:Thanks to those of you who agree with Sitting Bull. What I was speaking to in the second paragraph is to all of those who deem it necessary to comment on every little aspect of our Brave's games and teams, especially when individuals have very little if no room to talk. Now I realize that this is a broad generalization and that not all on here fit into this category, but c'mon.... when it gets to the point of "Valley still hasn't put it completely put in together offensively just yet" and "as much as everyone else is impressed with Valleys offense I think they still can improve a lot. Yates is still getting his timing down with the receivers, etc..." and they're 4-0, somethings gotta give. But then again, what do I know.
Then don't read and comment on it... People get on here to talk football and discuss the happenings of the games and their teams. What room if any do you have to talk? Yes, they are 4-0 and I've seen nothing that says Valley fans are anything but impressed with how the Indians are playing. What's wrong with thinking this team could be better than what they are right now? Are they not supposed to improve with each game? From what I've heard Yates and Dwyer missed a lot of time during the summer and early this season didn't play (Yates) in Valley's scrimmage games. Could it be that they are starting iron out some of the kinks? So basically, why does it matter to you if people discuss the games and the players who play it... There has been nothing but positive posts about Valley and their players.

Back to game... Valley should be able to run the ball very well from what I've read about South Point on different threads. I don't think this will be a close game for very long. I look for Valley's offensively line to keep up the dominating play and open big holes in the running game. Hopefully we can discuss this team and this season in a positive light and not get into a pissing contest about who's allowed to discuss football.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

SittingBull wrote:Thanks to those of you who agree with Sitting Bull. What I was speaking to in the second paragraph is to all of those who deem it necessary to comment on every little aspect of our Brave's games and teams, especially when individuals have very little if no room to talk. Now I realize that this is a broad generalization and that not all on here fit into this category, but c'mon.... when it gets to the point of "Valley still hasn't put it completely put in together offensively just yet" and "as much as everyone else is impressed with Valleys offense I think they still can improve a lot. Yates is still getting his timing down with the receivers, etc..." and they're 4-0, somethings gotta give. But then again, what do I know.

OK bud. If I don't feel like has played their best game offensively, I am going to say it. I get that we are 4-0 and I have seen those 4 games. The players on this team should be happy with 4-0, but they cannot be completely satisfied with how they have played. There is a ton of room for improvement on both sides of the ball.

SittingBull
Waterboy

Post by SittingBull »

Bo_Diaz, I have plenty of room to talk, Skippy. But, alas, I'm sorry for personally offending you, my humble apologies. I am nobody and apparently you are THE MAN. Perhaps I will be honored and privileged enough to buy you a beer sometime? Crab's brother, you seem to me to be the type of person of whom I'd give a gold bar to and you'd complain to me that it was tarnished. Just an observation. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE, KAB-BLAH !!!!!!!!! :122246 :122246 :122246

But enough of this mindless cantor and bickering..... "IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT, LET'S PLAY SOME FOOTBAWWWWWLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!"

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

How do I know that? As far as I'm concerned you're just another arm chair QB reliving your glory days by telling us all how to think about the team and kids we follow. You're not offending me personally, because you don't know me... I just enjoy reading and talking Valley athletics. I'm hoping to see my son play football for Coach Crabtree in the near future, but I would have no problem with people talking positive about him and his team. This is a high school sports message board, the things that have been said are good things and positive discussion.

The one thing that does offend me slightly is the talk of "Braves" and "Natives"... Coming from Native American descent, I don't think its in the best taste to be talking like these kids are really Indian warriors. No big deal, just saying. Go Valley and save your money on that beer... I don't drink.
Last edited by Bo_Diaz on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

FIDO wrote:Keep on keepin' on.............
I agree FIDO! I'm scared too put too much more...... Don't know what we're allowed to talk about and what is out of bounds. :lol:

SittingBull
Waterboy

Post by SittingBull »

Me too FIDO................... RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE KAB-BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :evil: :twisted:

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Knowing all involved in said "pissing contest", I think you ALL know darn well that Coach Crabtree and his staff aren't gonna be satisfied 100% at 4-0, 5-0, 6-0, etc. I also know that you are all passionate about the Valley Local School District and Valley Football (Valley sports in general). So, now that everyone has measured their "Johnson", can we get back to wherever we were?

On second thought, crap like what this thread has turned into is further proof of how pitiful the non-league schedule has become as a whole. Granted, most years there will be a solid team or two, and occassionally a loss in the non-league, but as a whole it's just gotten pitiful. In addition to not preparing the team as well for league play, it's also contributed to guys who have ALWAYS been die-hard fans (and former players) having pissing contests.

SittingBull, I've always thought the world of you brother. And, the things you accomplished on the field were impressive. Hell, I've always thought the world of your folks. But, I owe it to you to be honest, you were a bit out of line on this one. The guys you called out would do and in a lot of instances have done, a lot to help these kids get better as they've grown up. They're never going to badmouth the kids. I give you my word that these guys are all about loving these kids and merely giving some constructive criticism.

I debated on staying out of all of this, but I think the world of all of you involved, so I hope my post helps........somewhat.

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Sittingbull, I was not at all degrading valleys player or meaning anything negative. I was just stating that people are impressed with Valley as they are right, but I believe they will improve a lot more and that their best ball is still to come. I totally agree with Crabs brother that they have a lot to improve on, because I know the kids and I know what that are capable of. they may be good right now but in a few weeks we could be watching the best team that has ever played at Valley. If any of the players read this and took it in negative way then my appologies, but I believe they feel the same.

Return to “Football”