Coal Grove-Trimble football game IS postponed!

robycop3
All State

Coal Grove-Trimble football game IS postponed!

Post by robycop3 »

The game between trimble and Coal Grove is postponed, possibly until Oct. 17.(Unconfirmed) This is due to an outbreak of viral meningitis. This illness has symptoms very similar to flu and is contagious, so all precautions are being taken.

While viral meningitis is a much-milder form of the disease than bacterial meningitis, it's still nothing to take lightly, and the Coal Grove admin. is taking no chances.

I am told that all the students, including three football players who contracted the disease are fine, and are no danger to spreading the illness.

farmer
SEOP

Re: Coal Grove-Trimble football game IS postponed!

Post by farmer »

Why postpone a game but not school??? Just a thought if it is bad enough to postpone a game but you have school and have the Supt on tv saying it is not a problem.

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

farmer wrote:Why postpone a game but not school??? Just a thought if it is bad enough to postpone a game but you have school and have the Supt on tv saying it is not a problem.
Heard it was Trimble that wanted to postpone, not Coal Grove.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

better to be safe than sorry

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Heard in Trimble that there will be no make up game. Playing 3 games in 7 days is not realistic in football. Looks like both schools will have a 9 game schedule this year.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Explain what you mean 3 games in 7 days?

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

3 games in 8 days, play on that Fri, then monday, then again fri.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I have held my tongue on this topic long enough,,,,,,,This was major BS on the part of Trimble. The county health department stated everything was okay and that everything had been disinfected in a satisfactory condition. What this all comes down to is that Trimble did not want to make the trip down here and they found their way out. What I want to know is was this a two year or four year contract,,,,because if I am wrong and Trimble has no problem coming down here then they would have no problem coming down here next year if this years game does get completely taken off of the schedule. Now I am not saying that Trimble didn't want to face us,,,what I am saying is Trimble didn't want to make the long trip down to Lawrence County and they were given a golden ticket out of it.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

I dont think it was major BS on anyones part. Trimble was looking out for the welfare of their students. No football game is worth putting their health at risk. Nobody in Trimble would let a long ride deprive the players of a football game, especially the seniors. Everyone here is disappointed that we are not watching our Tomcats play tonight but are glad and proud of our school officials of making this decision.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Always better to be safe

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

The problem is that everything is fine,,,,,the kids here are not sick and everything and everyone has been given a clean bill of health,,,why cancel the game.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

noreply66 wrote:Always better to be safe

always better to be safe

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

exactly 66,,,nobody is more disappointed than me that im not watching football tonight but I was glad they made that decision.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

tomcatdad wrote:I dont think it was major BS on anyones part. Trimble was looking out for the welfare of their students. No football game is worth putting their health at risk. Nobody in Trimble would let a long ride deprive the players of a football game, especially the seniors. Everyone here is disappointed that we are not watching our Tomcats play tonight but are glad and proud of our school officials of making this decision.

So are you saying that your school officials no better than the actual school officials that have been handling this situation.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Also I like how the officials of Trimble were worried that with this being the viral version that can be passed by bodily fluids that they didn't want their fans getting sick,,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,I didn't know spitting on the opposing fans was an option?

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Let it go, The sun will rise Tomorrow

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

IF the Lawrenc Co. health dept gave the go ahead to play this game and Trimble opted not to play and the game isn't played at a later date would that constitute a forfeit by Trimble? I would almost think that if the game could have been played according to the health officals that it would be a possability for a forfeit to be granted to Coal Grove. I'm not saying I disagree with the decision to not play, I'm just wondering what the chances are that this could happen? I don't know.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

I am saying our school officials were worried about the welfare of our kids, possibly not knowing all that was going on weighed in on there decision, and they chose the side of caution. I am sure that the parents of the players are glad to see that their kids safe being was put ahead of the importance of a football game. So spitting on each other is the only way to pass viral bacteria, then if we can get the worlds population to stop doing that then that would put an end to the spread of disease all over the world,,you should stop posting this on here and call CNN so someone doesnt steal the credit on your discovery!!

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

The Enforcer wrote:Let it go, The sun will rise Tomorrow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

2trap_4ever wrote:Also I like how the officials of Trimble were worried that with this being the viral version that can be passed by bodily fluids that they didn't want their fans getting sick,,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,I didn't know spitting on the opposing fans was an option?
wsaz said coal grove made the call...

Return to “Football”