KC Java
Freshman Team

RIO GRANDE FOOTBALL POLL

Post by KC Java »

boilermaker
SE

Re: RIO GRANDE FOOTBALL POLL

Post by boilermaker »

Ralph Whittington has verbally committed to thr RedMen.

ironman93
Waterboy

Post by ironman93 »

it would be pretty cool to see rio get a football team going

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

Ohio Dominican did it. The program has greatly added to their visibility, school and enrollment. Having a school like Rio Grande that offers football would be great for student-athletes,particularly local ones. It would have a great cost initially, but I believe that it would pay for itself in the long run with increased enrollment, more student-athletes living on campus, etc. However, the current economic climate does not bode well for it.

It would have to be done right from the start. There would be lots of growing pains and a lot of marketing would need to go on to put people in the seats. Eventually, I think that it would pay off.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I would say shawnee would be a better fit for football. With economics the way they are I don't see either school doing it any time soon (next 5 years). I think that someday one of them will add it, if shawnee's soccer program continues to suffer maybe they'll scrap that for a football team, couldn't be any worse :lol:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

One college coach at the small college level said that you would need about 100 additional students that played football paying tuition to afford the program.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Hey all I know is that the stadium would be called Bob Evans Farm Sausage Stadium! :122249

RioProf
Riding the Bench

Post by RioProf »

Yes Rio is starting a football team. It will be a club initially and then we hope to move it to a varsity sport. This is a good thing for the university as enrollment and revenue will increase. An extensive business plan was put together to determine feasibility and support. We are in the process of raising funds from Alumni at this time. We hope to be playing in the fall of 2010 but for sure in 2011. For more information please go to www.redstormfootball.info. If you want to give even a little please submit your checks to:

University of Rio Grande
Alumni Relations
Attn: Club Football
P.O. Box 500
Rio Grande, OH 45674

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Darn it, I have no more eligibility! LOL I would have loved to be a part of starting a program around here. Good luck!

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

awesome looks like ill be playing

southern2005
Riding the Bench

Post by southern2005 »

eagles73 wrote:Darn it, I have no more eligibility! LOL I would have loved to be a part of starting a program around here. Good luck!

You still may be able too.

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

I remember when I was a freshman in College ('90), everyone said Rio Grande was getting a football team back then.............. Obviously it didn't happen.

Good luck this time around. I would love to see it happen. I think a lot of local talent would see Rio as a feesable/reasonable way for them to continue their football career.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I know a couple of guys involved in this, and that's gives me reason to support it.

Certainly Ohio Dominican is a great model. Recruiting Central Ohio is maybe a little easier sell, but there is no reason Rio can't have a team. Success will be difficult, but it would be exciting.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

southern2005 wrote:
eagles73 wrote:Darn it, I have no more eligibility! LOL I would have loved to be a part of starting a program around here. Good luck!

You still may be able too.

Well seeing as I played my last down in 1992 at the age of 22, these 40 year old knees just wont get it done! Plus, I already have my masters so no reason to be going back to school either! lol

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

Bob Evans wrote:Aint no way in Hades, we let football permeate a perfectly good basketball school. How we gonna get them kids from Racine Southern on campus if we offer football?

Maybe get some cattleballs for the weightroom?

RioProf
Riding the Bench

Post by RioProf »

The Storm is coming...Watch for more details in the near future. Anybody wanting to support the program financially please PM me.
Thanks

Return to “Football”