Any D-1 Offers for Logan's Patrick Angle?

ftbll1
Waterboy

Any D-1 Offers for Logan's Patrick Angle?

Post by ftbll1 »

Just wondering if there have been any offers yet? With the AMAZING coverage he got from Greg Fry, I would expect there to be some offers coming his way

hbk2016
Varsity

Re: Any D-1 Offers for Logan's Patrick Angle?

Post by hbk2016 »

Does this kid have any offers on the table right now?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Go ask Mr. Angle. If you wanna know go ask him. There have been 10 threads asking if he has gotten any offers and know one knows.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

He is a great qb would love for him to go to Marshall University :mrgreen:

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

It must mean he hasn't gotten any yet. That is a shame, surely he can play at some level.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

maybe grades are a factor?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Matt52 wrote:maybe grades are a factor?

Nope he is a real smart kid! :122245 Gets really good grades.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

thats good to hear

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

he has no offers. and it'd be interesting if he went to Marshall, his Dad had a full ride to play football there.

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

and he got a 21 on the ACT and is taking it one more time

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wasn't Pats dad on the injury list and didn't make the trip when the plane wrecked that killed everyone?

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Not sure who his dad is..but..the surviving players of the crash were Felix Jordan, Nate Ruffin, Dixie Carter, Tony Barile, Gary Morgan, Mike Sovartley, Wes Hickman, Dennis Foley, Frank James, Greg Finn, Pat Norrell, Jon Calvin, Ed Carter, David Withers, and Pete Naputano.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

What are his vitals

height
weight
40 time

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

height: 6'1"
weight: 210
forty time: 4.6

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

also, his dad is Jeff Angle

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

I would think at that size the DII and DIII's would be all over him.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

osu*me wrote:also, his dad is Jeff Angle

who is 3rd cousin on his 4th uncles side -who cares.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

know all wrote:who is 3rd cousin on his 4th uncles side -who cares.

No need to be an a**...I'm sure he was just replying to this.

gochiefs wrote:Not sure who his dad is..but..the surviving players of the crash were Felix Jordan, Nate Ruffin, Dixie Carter, Tony Barile, Gary Morgan, Mike Sovartley, Wes Hickman, Dennis Foley, Frank James, Greg Finn, Pat Norrell, Jon Calvin, Ed Carter, David Withers, and Pete Naputano.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I've said this before , but I'll repeat it -- Saw him last year vs Dublin Jerome in the playoffs. This year saw the Lancaster game, Pick North & their first playoff game. In talking with Locos last year, I didn't think he would draw much D-I attention as a QB. But a S , yes and possibly at a OLB. However, he improved his skills from last year to this, putting him on the list for possible recruitment as a QB. Because he made a late move in improvement, he MAY be on someone's list as a fall back if they lose another QB who backs out on them. He has to be on everyones list as a S. However, recruiting is a numbers game. Teams only recruit what they NEED NOW, so many teams may pass on him, even at S. Ditto at QB because the competition at that position is the most intense when you add in JUCOS or transfers that could be coming to someone's program. Most only recruit one or two QBs WHEN NEEDED and some years NONE are needed . There wouldn't be any doubt about D-IIs who will come after him, but it will be a shame if he gets passed over in D-I. Good athlete. I remember his Dad from coaching at Logan and his Dad was a bigger player ( TE,DE) and played at similar positions at Marshall. Angle is good enough to play at D-I but he isn't a Top prospect as a QB -- the talent is pretty good this year in Ohio and a limited number will get schollies. He could opt to go Juco and try to hook up D-I after two years of play at that level. Chances are good he makes the jump from Juco to D-I, but its a route that other QBs try to take, so there will be competition.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Paladin wrote:I've said this before , but I'll repeat it -- Saw him last year vs Dublin Jerome in the playoffs. This year saw the Lancaster game, Pick North & their first playoff game. In talking with Locos last year, I didn't think he would draw much D-I attention as a QB. But a S , yes and possibly at a OLB. However, he improved his skills from last year to this, putting him on the list for possible recruitment as a QB. Because he made a late move in improvement, he MAY be on someone's list as a fall back if they lose another QB who backs out on them. He has to be on everyones list as a S. However, recruiting is a numbers game. Teams only recruit what they NEED NOW, so many teams may pass on him, even at S. Ditto at QB because the competition at that position is the most intense when you add in JUCOS or transfers that could be coming to someone's program. Most only recruit one or two QBs WHEN NEEDED and some years NONE are needed . There wouldn't be any doubt about D-IIs who will come after him, but it will be a shame if he gets passed over in D-I. Good athlete. I remember his Dad from coaching at Logan and his Dad was a bigger player ( TE,DE) and played at similar positions at Marshall. Angle is good enough to play at D-I but he isn't a Top prospect as a QB -- the talent is pretty good this year in Ohio and a limited number will get schollies. He could opt to go Juco and try to hook up D-I after two years of play at that level. Chances are good he makes the jump from Juco to D-I, but its a route that other QBs try to take, so there will be competition.

Great post, and breaks Pat down pretty well IMO.

I think Pat could make an outstanding linebacker as well, assuming he could put another 10-20 pounds on without losing speed, something I think he can do.

I DO believe he wants to be a quarterback at the next level, which may hinder his recruitment. I still think someone will come in late and make an offer.

Return to “Football”