OVC 2010

Who wins in 2010?

Total votes: 0

footballfan
JV Team

Re: OVC 2010

Post by footballfan »

Yes 2trap, you are right. Everyone should just sit back and let unknown posters downgrade kids and make derogatory posts about anyone they want. Like if you saw your name on here and a false accusation of a family member you would just let it slide. Or maybe make a blanket statement without any facts to back it up.

Buckballs (less) makes a comment good kids don't get to play at RH cause the staff plays favorites.....who should have played last year that didn't??? Give me something to think about......

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

No, he stated fact, Rock Hill expects a lot out of their quarterback and doesn't show the talent of the rest of the team, he quoted something that I posted about the Coal Grove/Rock Hill game last year that I noticed and have heard other Rock Hill fans state as well. Here is the facts, Rock Hill uses their quarterback more than they should, esp running the ball, now lets say he gets hurt this year running the ball, what do they do, everyone else hasn't been as tested as he has. Now I don't have anything bad against Rock Hill players or coaches, I just wanted to state that from what I have seen the few times I have watched Rock Hill over the past couple of years, it looks like they could do a better job calling plays.

knippswife
Waterboy

Post by knippswife »

Two trap forever feel free to post what you like, as w :) e can certainly see that often share your amazing knowledge of the game. Football fan said it well, if one wants to specifically identify an athlete or speak so negative about the staff then be man enough to take whatever follows.

I find it amazing that you can make such a statement regarding RH football when you have only attended a few games over the years. You must really know football. Let's be honest you are just repeating what you hear, how about you share your own thoughts - if you have any.

If any of this post made you mad because it was a personal attack on you then imagine how a high school athlete or his family would feel, or the family of the coaching staff. This was only a test, so reflect on that.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

What part of "nothing against Rock Hill players or coaches" did you not understand, I know your husband, worked with him a long time ago when he was a lifeguard at the Ironton Pool (dating myself there), I know what type of guy he is, and if you would search in here, I have stuck up for him more than once, I am not trying to bash a player, in fact I have talked highly on here and other sites of the the quarterback in question, my only complaint(if you want to call it one) is the way the Rock Hill offense is ran, regarding the running game and why certain plays are ran at certain times, I really want to know, because as a Coal Grove fan I am also a fan of the OVC and a winning Rock Hill football team is only good for the conference which in the end every conference team and fan wants a competitive conference that makes every team better.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

And please learn to understand constructive criticism comes with the territory of being a coach or a player, these kids hear worst on a Friday night from the stands then the read on here.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

2trap_4ever wrote:No, he stated fact, Rock Hill expects a lot out of their quarterback and doesn't show the talent of the rest of the team, he quoted something that I posted about the Coal Grove/Rock Hill game last year that I noticed and have heard other Rock Hill fans state as well. Here is the facts, Rock Hill uses their quarterback more than they should, esp running the ball, now lets say he gets hurt this year running the ball, what do they do, everyone else hasn't been as tested as he has. Now I don't have anything bad against Rock Hill players or coaches, I just wanted to state that from what I have seen the few times I have watched Rock Hill over the past couple of years, it looks like they could do a better job calling plays.

So now you go to a few games over 2 years and an Ironton fan (buckballs) knows all about the talent of RH??? I do not have a clue about the talent of Ironton or Coal Grove that do not get to play...I would guess that maybe...just maybe....the RH staff has a heck of a lot better idea about the talent level of the team. I really think that all the hard work is going to pay off these next two years. The last 2 seasons, RH has started the majority of underclassman....the time to shine is now. Just a side point, when RH won its first game last season it was the first game the seniors had ever won at any level as starters...the year before had 4 seniors on the team after a playoff season. How can you sit in CG and evaluate what is fact?

On the second thought, RH's staff is probably just a bunch of dimwits. I mean why build an offense around a QB that is getting looked at by Ohio State? What a bunch of dumba**es out at RH. I mean heck, they have had a STABLE of running backs the last two years. They should just run 10/11 trap all night.

The rest of the skill positions are in place for RH this year as well as a group of linemen who have worked very hard...I look for a huge turnaround.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

So what you are saying is your quarterback is the talent at Rock Hill, all I have been asking is why run your quarterback inside the 20, not a bad question to ask, but somewhere in that question I am insulting the coaching staff and players at Rock Hill. I don't see where everyone is getting that but if that is what you want to think you have the right to think that. My only thought is for the safety of the players(I know, hard to believe to hear from a Coal Grove fan). I have enjoyed what I have seen from him(the games against Coal Grove, OVC Previews) which I admit hasn't been much, but from what I have seen, he is doing more than he should have to do.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

2trap_4ever wrote:And please learn to understand constructive criticism comes with the territory of being a coach or a player, these kids hear worst on a Friday night from the stands then the read on here.

I ain't got a dog in the hunt but Amen to that brother !!!!!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

footballfan wrote:Fuzz, I really love reading your posts...if you had ANY clue about what it is like to play in this game you might have a point. As for the case CG's record against RH being lopsided, no sh**. I would bet if you throw ANY teams historical record against RH it is going to be pretty good. Now sit back and THINK about this, the last 16 games, CG leads the series 9-7. I think the series has been very competitive since 1991, with mostly hard fought contest. Now you can beat your chest and talk about the dominance of the 70's and 80's all you want, but so can most of the OVC. RH football had VERY FEW competitive teams from 1960-1989....so in those 30 years CG won the series 25 to 5.

By the way, your reasoning for the trip down RH's sideline either shows you are a moron or you just can't admit the total lack of class displayed by your team. It is laughable how you blame all the RH-CG fights against RH when that act alone could have easily ignited one before the game. When a team enters the field area, they are directly behind the goal post, a right turn would have put your team on the correct sideline...if you can't understand that..well :roll:

Anyway, on to SP...I will worry about CG next season....on to SP.

So it is okay for you to say things like this about our team, but nothing can be said about Rock Hill.

knippswife
Waterboy

Post by knippswife »

Two trap forever- that was just a test, nothing personal meant by that, I know all about getting defensive. The original post was directed towards buckballs not you: :-D

By the way: My response was based "a million dollar facility and a fifty cent coaching staff" nothing constructive about that

Finally, if the kids hear worse on friday nights then even more reason they don't need to hear it here. :12223

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

OK I get it, do not run the QB inside the 20..... :roll: The talent for RH the last two years has been at QB and WR as far as skill positions go. Pierson was the last stud back that they have had that could carry the rock and the team.

To compare play calling to the stun pulled before a game is grasping for straws. One poster lays all the blame on RH for past fights and then your team pulls a stunt....ANYONE would call it classless and I still do. If RH would jump up and down in the middle of your field after winning this year than I would call it classless too.....

ANYWAY, I'm glad football is here and wish all (even CG) the OVC teams, fans, and coaches the best this year. Hopefully we land a team in the playoffs soon and they go on a run.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

thats funny when anyother ovc team gets bashed no Lucas's wife or Carrol's Wife or Davis's Wife get on here and and argue with people who dont know anything! Thats y we post on here we know nothing! haha. So maybe you should get a grip and let your husband's coaching ability do the talking, let the RH boys playing do the talking rather than you on SEOPS!!

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Is this ever going to talk about football? Is the Peake's QB really not playing? He was very good at running the option, if he is not playing I think it REALLY hurts the Panthers chances this year...maybe I'm wrong.

knippswife
Waterboy

Post by knippswife »

thats funny when anyother ovc team gets bashed no Lucas's wife or Carrol's Wife or Davis's Wife get on here and and argue with people who dont know anything! Thats y we post on here we know nothing! haha. So maybe you should get a grip and let your husband's coaching ability do the talking, let the RH boys playing do the talking rather than you on SEOPS!!

Well, the same would be offered to you: What do you have to contibute to this post? Here is the deal, I love RH sports regardless of my husband, as I was a RH athlete.
Further, what does it bother you that I post, is it that I am a woman? Believe me, I know a little bit about football, however, I am not gonna argue you about the way the offense or defense is ran that's not my "thing". Because the coaches got that covered.

"Get a grip" believe me I have a grip, I don't live vicariously (if you know what this means) through what I wish I had accomplished. My "thing" is to let you know I am here and I do care what is being said (all the negative), Do you even know what this post started over? My guess, "NO", but hey your feedback is taken, I am sure I will consider this in future posts: (no, not really).

knippswife
Waterboy

Post by knippswife »

footballfan wrote:Is this ever going to talk about football? Is the Peake's QB really not playing? He was very good at running the option, if he is not playing I think it REALLY hurts the Panthers chances this year...maybe I'm wrong.

I understand football fan: Let's talk about footbal, I am only here to support any coach and his or her family. GO RH, good luck to all OVC teams!! As well as any area teams (lawrence or scioto county) this area nees to be represented well :-D

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

hmmm. Anyother Coach, Player or Coaches Wife that reads this stuff is easily amused and shrugs it off b/c what is said on here honestly has how much to do with whats actually going on? Not much! B/c most of the time what is said on here doesnt have alot of truth to it. The only people that do know whats going on are the players and the coaches i promise that because i was a player not to long ago!

BTW, Thats what i heard no Mcmaster at QB for the Peake that's gonna make a big hole to fill b/c he is a good player. Can anybody tell us who is the signal caller for the Peake this year?

knippswife
Waterboy

Post by knippswife »

dime-a-dozen wrote:thats funny when anyother ovc team gets bashed no Lucas's wife or Carrol's Wife or Davis's Wife get on here and and argue with people who dont know anything! Thats y we post on here we know nothing! haha. So maybe you should get a grip and let your husband's coaching ability do the talking, let the RH boys playing do the talking rather than you on SEOPS!!

Oh, I totally forgot this earlier:

RH coaches and players will do thier part, don't worry about that:

So, dime-a-dozen , don't worry about what I post: I won't go away = as long as there are "those" like you, I will always have something to say. :122249

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

like me? hows that considering that i have picked Rock Hill to win the league?
What? People like me that make a educated argument rather than defending my HUSBAND all the time u never said a word until somedody mentioned his Coaching ability wich wasnt me. I respect any human in the world who will coach teens in todays world b/c its a tough job! And no doubt RH does return a good amout of talent including the QB. So idk where you're argument is with PEOPLE LIKE ME?

knippswife
Waterboy

Post by knippswife »

I am ashamed that I continue to have this debate with you, but you joined this discussion, which had nothing to do with you.
As far as an educated argument, which you claim to make, this is far from educated this is similar to arguments I have with my children. :122245

Do you honestly think that any insults (or attempts of an insult) will deter me from posting? No it simply won't. As for defending my HUSBAND - this is about coaches in genereal, (man or woman, football, basketball, or baseball) and athletes. If coaches and athletes can be singled out, believe me I will post. So, maybe in the future don't read my posts and you won't be so upset.

Obviously, I can take your criticism easier than you can take mine - I know what to expect with each comment I make and I can handle that, but it isn't okay to downgrade coaches and athletes and there is nothing educated about that (although I know you didn't do this).

Hey you post what you like, I will do the same - no hard feelings

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

This post does have something to do with me considering that i am an OVC fan and have once played in the OVC. Im not trying to keep you away from posting i state my opinion and you state yours! Yea No Hard Feelings! Lol. Go OVC!!

Return to “Football”