MVL 2010

Who wins in 2010?

Total votes: 0

mattash
Site Admin

MVL 2010

Post by mattash »

Post schedules, predictions, and pre-season talk.

ActionJackson
Waterboy

Re: MVL 2010

Post by ActionJackson »

Sheridan back on top.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

I agree, Sheridan has a very good chance at running the table.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Sheridan returns the majority of their 8-2 team. Should be very, very good next year. They don't really have anyone on the schedule that I think will test them (possibly Cambridge or TV?) which isn't good for playoff preparation.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

I have no idea what they were thinking when they picked up Lakewood.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

They picked up Lakewood for two reasons, 1. the only other team worth playing that called was Youngstown Ursaline (spelling?) and they are a DV private school power who is a mainstay in the state title game, winning it this season. So if you win, you beat a small school but you likely don't win so you lost to a DV school. The rest of the schools interested were not good or would not have created a decent "gate" as we were told. Which leads us to #2 Lakewood is ten minutes down the road so there might be a crowd. I personally don't buy it, Lakewood is terrible, likely wins at most one game, so you get nothing out of it in regard to playoff point potential. You go out and win 70-0.......there has to be some team somewhere that would be worth our time.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This game will get the Generals points for beating Lakewood but I do not see Lakewood beating anyone which gives the Generals zero help in picking up any more computer points.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

what about logan boy would that bring the house down.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Sheridan vs Logan would be a very good game. I believe their scrimmages are very spirited!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

sheridan D3 ?

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Yes, they are.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

logan play some of the mvl wouldn't be a bad thing. most ppl know the schools and there not that far away.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

New Lex & Logan had a long series of games between 1972 & 2002. The only years they did not play were 1987-1988 & 1992.

New Lex won 14 games
Logan won 11
Two ties.

fish82
Waterboy

Post by fish82 »

newlex/sheridan wrote:They picked up Lakewood for two reasons, 1. the only other team worth playing that called was Youngstown Ursaline (spelling?) and they are a DV private school power who is a mainstay in the state title game, winning it this season. So if you win, you beat a small school but you likely don't win so you lost to a DV school. The rest of the schools interested were not good or would not have created a decent "gate" as we were told. Which leads us to #2 Lakewood is ten minutes down the road so there might be a crowd. I personally don't buy it, Lakewood is terrible, likely wins at most one game, so you get nothing out of it in regard to playoff point potential. You go out and win 70-0.......there has to be some team somewhere that would be worth our time.

If Sheridan really had the chance to pick up Ursuline and didn't then shame on them. The ONLY downside to that series would be travel.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

They did indeed have that chance. Sheridan should be really, really good this year and it would likely have been an excellent game but Ursaline is dominant EVERY year and Sheridan would have to play them again with a young team.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

There are two sides to this(i'm sure you all know). The football side where yes, it would be a great game & battle. Sheridan doesn't see many teams with the athletes that Ursaline has while they don't get to see the hardnosed, run it up your gut & try & stop us mentality that Sherdian has. Then there is money. I'm sure they will make thousands of more dollars playing lakewood than they would have Ursaline.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

I have been watching Sheridan for years and they would play anyone tough. Div 3 is proboly the second toughest div in the state right now and Sheridan is always one of the top programs. We scrimmage Sheridan every year and it is always a war. I would love to see Logan open with Sheridan every year, it would be a great rivalry and schools are not too far for travel. I do not understand and can not find any reason for Sheridan to scheldule a Lakewood. Why would Lakewood put their boys on a field against a team that will simply beat the heck out them in every way? I honestly believe Sheridans JV team would beat Lakewoods varsity easily, this makes no sense at all. I heard Licking Valley tried to schedule Sheridan for the opener, any truth to that? That at one time was one of the best rivalrys in the state. Logan, Sheridan, Licking Valley are three great football programs that would play each other very close almost every year. These teams matching up in a opener would be great. Ursiline way too much travel for a regular season game for Sheridan. I also believe Sheridan will have another great year this year, lots of talent and size. I dont know if they can run the table but do see 9-1 at the worst. Good solid team returning, not as talented as the team Culver had had a couple years ago( 2008) that was undefeated and won the A.P State Title, but very good. Cambridge with a very good team returning may challenge Sheridan at their place this year? Tri Valley has Sheridan at home and could challenge Sheridan as well. I hope Lakewood has plenty of depth and numbers because they are going to get physically destroyed. This is a terrible matchup.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

"hardnosed, run it up the gut , try to stop us mentality" ?? Are you brain dead Philo ?? On Ursuline's schedule, thats Cardinal Mooney every year. Its Massillon. Its Warren Harding. Its Pittsburgh Central Catholic. Its Akron SVSM. Etc.

Sheridan is good but would be out of their depth with Ursuline who sees that type of O weekly from much tougher teams. You need to get out more.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Apparently you need to get out more, you will not see any of those aforementioned teams play the way Sheridan does.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Agree. Those teams would run Sheridan off the field, no question.

Return to “Football”