SE

Re: SEOAL 2010

Post by LetsGoPSU »

will anyone else get a vote?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Portsmouth has got to be the favorite. I know Logan might think they have something but Portsmouth will have something to say this year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think Portsmouth and Jackson will be real tough next year!!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Orange and Brown wrote:I think Portsmouth and Jackson will be real tough next year!!

I hope that GREAT kicker graduated from Jackson last year. :122245

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

The Trojans are my pick right now, because of what they have coming back. However we all know Logan will reload, and make a run at yet another title. In my opinion I think the Trojans and Chieftains will play for the title in week 9.( I think this game is week 9?) Jackson also seems to have their program moving in the right direction, and could challenge as well. I also look for Gallia to rebound in a big way and be a much better team next season.

1. Portsmouth- lots of returning starters from a 7-3 team will have the best player in the SEOAL next year with Josh Myers.
2. Logan- Not as strong as years past, but always a front runner for the league title.
3. Jackson-the Ironmen have another strong showing but fall short of the league title.
4. Gallia Academy – The Blue Devils will be much improved, but not there yet. Might have an upset win or 2.
5. Warren- the Warriors had a great season last year, but I think it will be hard to match it next season.
6. Chillicothe – The Cavs have the athletes to compete, but they will have to prove it on the field.
7. Marietta- I don’t see much change in Marietta; it looks to be another long year

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

Logan is the champ until someone can prove otherwise. I think the Trojans are that otherwise I'm talking about. Portsmouth will be loaded on the offensive side of the ball next year. They have the top QB (Myers), RB's (Myers, Jackson, Royster), WR (Simpson), TE (Staker), and four starters on the OL. This group totaled over 40 TD's and 30 pts a game this year and will only get bigger and stronger in the weight room. They were a penalty away from 8-2 and a 5 seen in the playoffs this year. This group when all are starting on the field at the same time have only lost 3 game since 6th grade so they know how to win.

7Th - undefeated (All of them starting)
8Th - undefeated (All of them starting)
9Th - undefeated (All of them starting)
10Th - only 5 of them started on that team
11Th - 7-3 (All of them starting)
12Th - ?????

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Logan's JV's lost only 1 game to a good D-I school. Next years team will have lots of size, some small but quick skill people, a return to a running game and a QB who can air it out. The D will be solid as well. While they won't be the powerhouse they had this year, don't expect the talent to drop much. I'd say they'll be another D powerhouse with a respectable O. Until someone can run with this big dog, they'll still be a favorite to win another SEOAL title. Portsmouth may be a threat, but Warren should be viewed as also a problem for everyone. Jackson may be a dark horse, but until they prove they can play a tougher non-league schedule ( and win), a title will not be in the cards for them. The rest of the league will be weak still. Best load up on tougher non-league teams to improve computer points and raise the level of your teams competition or fail again to upend Logan.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson Ironmen - 2010 Schedule

8/28 - AT Wellston
9/3 - AT Waverly
9/10 - Vinton County
9/17 - Logan *
9/24 - Warren *
10/1 - AT Portsmouth *
10/8 - Ironton
10/15 - AT Marietta *
10/22 - Chillicothe *
10/29 - AT Gallia Academy *

* Denotes SEOAL games

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Logan, regardless of what anyone has coming back, they have earned the frontrunner status until someone proves different.

ActionJackson
Waterboy

Post by ActionJackson »

I really think this will be the year for Jackson. Logan will finish 3rd behind Portsmouth.

ActionJackson
Waterboy

Post by ActionJackson »

Should the SEOAL schools all get together and drop Ironton, Athens, Marietta, and Zanesville completely off all their schedules since they left us?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I think based on having so many starters back in 2010, coming off a 7-3 record, Portsmouth has an excellent chance to win the SEOAL in 2010.......the Trojans have upgraded their non-conference schedule with the addition of Wilmington (D1 or D2?) which replaced South Point. PHS has a load coming back on offense, and have 7 returning of defense........if the stop troops can indeed get more stops, Portsmouth will be really tough because the offense should be a juggernaut........QB Josh Myers might just be the POY in the SEOAL next season. There isn't a weakness on the offensive side of the ball........the Trojans should be able to run and pass equally well.

I agree with the majority of posters on here with the prediction of Portsmouth, Logan, and Jackson fighting for the top spot in the SEOAL.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Here is the Chiefs schedule for 2010

8/27 VS Lancaster
9/03 AT Pick North
9/10 VS Hamilton Township
9/17 AT Jackson *
9/24 AT Marietta *
10/1 VS Gallia Academy *
10/8 VS Warren *
10/15 AT Zanesville
10/22 AT Portsmouth *
10/29 VS Chillicothe *

Too early for a ton of predictions yet, but I do think that Portsmouth and Logan are the favorites entering 2010. The exciting thing is that Jackson Gallipolis, and Warren aren't far behind and I think Chillicothe could be a dark horse. Will be interesting to see what Marietta has next year.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Warren 2010
Belpre Home 8/27
Morgan Home 9/03
Athens Away 9/10
Portsmouth Away 9/17
Jackson Away 9/24
P-Berg South Home 10/01
Logan Away 10/08
Chilli Away 10/15
Gallia Home 10/22
Marietta Home 10/29

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

gahs4ever wrote:You look foolish trying to predict who will be eligible, who will move out, who will give up/come out for football, God forbid injuries, and a host of other variables.

This is so true. A team who is almost there could have an impact player move in and make them real contenders. Also a team could lose a key player that would move them to the bottom tier.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I like the winner of the Jackson and Portsmouth in 2010 to win the title.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Although Logan has been dominant, it hasn't had as many NEW, untested, YOUNG starters as it has had since the 90's next year. (Unless I've missed 1 yr! Hehe) This is the year to beat the Chiefs, if it's to be done! I see at least 3 losses, but what the other teams bring can affect that by 1 either way IMO. If someone wants an SEOAL Title, you'd better load up in the next couple of years. The Chiefs will be back! :)
Again, congrat's on a good 2009 Season. Should have been longer! Losing a fella who accounted for a piece of 80% of the offense takes all team's playoff hopes away. GRRR
Good luck to all, and to all a good night!

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

Jackson and Portsmouth game 2010...Wow what a contest it is going to be. Between the past two years Jackson has just won by either an extra point or a field goal in the last few seconds of the game. Can that happen again this year with Jackson losing a qb and their Kicker? IMO Jackson will finish top 3 now which of those 3 spots i dont know. Its all up to the kids determination

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Wrestler87 wrote:Although Logan has been dominant, it hasn't had as many NEW, untested, YOUNG starters as it has had since the 90's next year. (Unless I've missed 1 yr! Hehe) This is the year to beat the Chiefs, if it's to be done! I see at least 3 losses, but what the other teams bring can affect that by 1 either way IMO. If someone wants an SEOAL Title, you'd better load up in the next couple of years. The Chiefs will be back! :)
Again, congrat's on a good 2009 Season. Should have been longer! Losing a fella who accounted for a piece of 80% of the offense takes all team's playoff hopes away. GRRR
Good luck to all, and to all a good night!

wrestler -

Logan returned only 5 starters in 2001 and went 10-0.

They returned 4 starters in 2002 and went 6-4.

And they returned 5 starters again in 2005 and finished 8-2.

Logan will return only 3-4 starters in 2010. It will be a tall task, but history shows that LHS has rebounded before from huge losses.

It will take a group of kids stepping up and stepping into new roles.

Return to “Football”