Minford Falcons 2010

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Minford Falcons 2010

Post by Faclons Forever »

Let's hear it. Schedules, scrimmages, rosters, expectations, etc. 8)

2trap_4ever
S

Re: Minford Falcons 2010

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Minfords 2010 Schedule

8/27/2010
7:30 PM SOUTH POINT (SOUTH POINT) IV H

9/3/2010
7:30 PM @ WELLSTON (WELLSTON) IV A

9/10/2010
7:30 PM @ PIKETON (PIKETON) IV A

9/17/2010
7:30 PM MEIGS (POMEROY) IV H

9/24/2010
7:30 PM OAK HILL (OAK HILL) V H

10/1/2010
7:30 PM @ WHEELERSBURG (WHEELERSBURG) V A

10/8/2010
7:30 PM PORTSMOUTH WEST (WEST PORTSMOUTH) IV H

10/15/2010
7:30 PM @ NORTHWEST (MC DERMOTT) IV A

10/22/2010
7:30 PM WAVERLY (WAVERLY) III H

10/29/2010
7:30 PM VALLEY (LUCASVILLE) V H

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Challenging schedule. This could be a 7-3 year or at best 8-2. Minford needs a line to build. Skill postions are set. Anyone know how the off season weight lifting and conditioning is going number wise?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

The valley game should be away, it was home last year. A pretty good schedule I think. Anyone know anything about meigs? I know they lost several games by just a few points each last year. Should be another good year in Minford. There was a lot lost to graduation but I think the kids in place will step in fine if they put the work in now.

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

Just another Solid 7-3 to 8-2 year in Falcon land. Some challenges line wise, but skill wise, Minford will be a very tough outing for anyone.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

Minford's record next year is in the hands of the players on the team and their off season work ethic and intensity. From what I saw last year, there are several underclassmen that have a lot of potential and could (if they want) open some eyes next year. I'd expect another solid playoff caliber year next year. The schedule is probably more difficult than last year. Oak Hill should be outstanding next year out of conference with South Point, Wellston, Piketon and Meigs all being a challenge. In conference, Burg is always tough and West and Valley should be outstanding next year. NW a question mark and Waverly unknown.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

falconater wrote:Minford's record next year is in the hands of the players on the team and their off season work ethic and intensity. From what I saw last year, there are several underclassmen that have a lot of potential and could (if they want) open some eyes next year. I'd expect another solid playoff caliber year next year. The schedule is probably more difficult than last year. Oak Hill should be outstanding next year out of conference with South Point, Wellston, Piketon and Meigs all being a challenge. In conference, Burg is always tough and West and Valley should be outstanding next year. NW a question mark and Waverly unknown.

Good post. There are many games on their schedule that will be nip and tuck, down to the wire. Oak Hill is probably going to get the best of us, but I see another very good chance of the SOC II trophy staying in Minford.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Bleeding Red wrote:Good post. There are many games on their schedule that will be nip and tuck, down to the wire. Oak Hill is probably going to get the best of us, but I see another very good chance of the SOC II trophy staying in Minford.

I wouldn't pick any losses this early. Minford will certainly be fired up to get a shot at the oaks, especially at home. Oak hill essentially cost the Falcons a perfect regualr season last year, don't think that Coach Daniels or any of the players will forget about that. The oaks suprised us last year, but they won't this year. I'm excited to see how everything comes together for the Falcons this season, lots of changes but plenty of talent to step up and play. I really think we are in a position to reload every year, not have a few good years and have to rebuild for a few years. The schedule improvements will help prepare us for the playoffs as well. Is it Football season yet?

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

The falcons have a very tough schedule, but I that if they outwork everyone else, they can replace what they lost. This season, like most, is all up to the team. They could go 10-0 just as easily as they could go 2-8 or even 0-10. I hope everyone else is as pumped as I am for another exciting season!

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

I doubt we ever go 2-8/ 0-10 (especialy with nw on the schedule)

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

I've seen a lot of bad things happen when players have the wrong attitude, but from a pretty significant player I talked to today, we shouldn't worry too much about that... ;-)

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

I talked to a returning player yesterday. He says a lot of guys in the weight room and that varsity basketball players are on a lifting schedule in the weight room.

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

I think that a great program starts in the weight room. I'm confident that our boys will be just fine next year. It's a good sign that basketball is on board as well.

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan9572 »

Who did they lose and who will be stepping into those spots this year?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Any recent news? This thread has been quiet lately. I'm glad that basketball players are lifting now, and I'm sure the track guys will too.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

sportsfan9572 wrote:Who did they lose and who will be stepping into those spots this year?

On O they lose

Aaron Oesch QB-replaced by Ethan Butcher(most likely)
Brandon McCormick RB-replaced by Tyler Gaines
Ray Bryan RB-replaced by J.P. Piquet
Corey Mcknight WR-replaced by Seth Lloyd
Stephan Price TE- replaced by Brett Taylor
Nick Kimble OL- ?????
Matt Gilliam OL- ?????
T.J. Alley OL- ?????

Im not sure who will replace the OL I can't remeber their names right now but I have heard good things. The D will be very good next year IMO they return all of the LB's and both CB's. Should be a fun summer for the coaches :-D

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

mikenmike wrote:
sportsfan9572 wrote:Who did they lose and who will be stepping into those spots this year?

On O they lose

Aaron Oesch QB-replaced by Ethan Butcher(most likely)
Brandon McCormick RB-replaced by Tyler Gaines
Ray Bryan RB-replaced by J.P. Piquet
Corey Mcknight WR-replaced by Seth Lloyd
Stephan Price TE- replaced by Brett Taylor
Nick Kimble OL- ?????
Matt Gilliam OL- ?????
T.J. Alley OL- ?????

Im not sure who will replace the OL I can't remeber their names right now but I have heard good things. The D will be very good next year IMO they return all of the LB's and both CB's. Should be a fun summer for the coaches :-D

I think by fun you mean frustrating, lol....especially replacing that oline, this is where coaches earn their dollars with young teams like this, they will have to work and gameplan a lot more this year

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Frustrating indeed, but Minford has some of the best coaches in the area so im confident they will get the job done.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

mikenmike wrote:Frustrating indeed, but Minford has some of the best coaches in the area so im confident they will get the job done.

Minford does seem to have a good coaching staff, one that really cares about the program, we'll have to see this year if they are good or great

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Each of the past 3 years Minford has lost alot of experienced lineman. But there seems to always be someone waiting to step up and make a difference. In 07 we replaced 3 lineman and went 8-3. In 08 they replaced 4 including TE and went 8-3. This past year they replaced 3 and went 9-2* ( I refuse to count the River Valley forfeit). Each of those years a sophomore ,a junior or a 1st year starting senior has stepped up big and filled in quite nicely if not better than the starter before them. This isnt just confined to the O-line either, its every position. This year I do not see much, if any, deviation from this trend.

Return to “Football”