Wellston

Coach363
Freshman Team

Wellston

Post by Coach363 »

Hopefully I open the news paper here in the next few weeks and I read something like this " Wellston Welcomes back one of their own" Coach Greg Phillips... Its time to come home COACH!!! The job is now open....

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Re: Wellston

Post by JHS4EVER »

You have got to be kiding about this statement. With the team he has coming back and the facilities he has to play on,plus his staff, I don't think he would return to Wellston right now.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Let's think about this for just a few minutes . . . I understand that is where Coach Phillips is from. I also understand the "alma mater" pull. However, that Oak Hill team he has coming back is a loaded bunch. I have been told how hard he has worked at Oak Hill. As JHS4EVER said, he has a great facility and an excellent coaching staff. Now he would start all over again in Wellston. Stranger things have happened . . . he might listen to them (because he is an alum), but I say he won't go.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

YOU may be surprised. I know he is interested, and i look for him to be hired . Again this is just my opinion.

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

good luck to our friends at Wellston in the 2010 season.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

boilermaker? Why in the world would Greg Phillips walk away from all that talent and facilities at Oak Hill to coach at Wellston?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Because he wants to .

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Boilermaker, I am saying this with respect because you are a diehard fan and support your Rockets until the end . . . but, have you asked Coach Phillips if he is interested or has someone just told you that? I mean absolutely no disrespect to your team and program, but this talk doesn't make any sense right now. The team he has worked so hard to build at Oak Hill can be special this year. Those types of teams don't come along very often. This is after an 11-1 year this past. As I put on an earlier post . . . he is an alum, but in the end, the team he has this year can be too special to walk away from to start from the bottom up in Wellston.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Money talks.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I know he would like this job ,for his own reasons. Which might not make sense to anyone else. He is a alum of Wellston and this is the program he would like to build. I do know also that is not a done deal , but if he gets what he wants to do the job he will be the next coach at Wellston.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Does 'what he wants' include a new stadium? If so, Im all for it!

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Rumor around Wellston last night is that Coach Phillips wants the job!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I dont think he is asking for a new Stadium , although it would be nice to have one. I think its more along the line of being left alone to do the job more than anything . Im just guessing though.

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Boy it sure would be nice for those players to get a great coach like phillips!

Return to “Football”