Notre Dame's Head Coach is Bob Ashley

BlueandGold
Waterboy

Re: ...and the new Notre Dame Titans Head Coach is...

Post by BlueandGold »

If this spread system is so successful, then why does it take an offensive line 38 quarters to figure it out?

Why is Coach Sammons no longer running this at Greenup County?

It doesn't sound very practical or fitting to me...

ND TITANS
Waterboy

Post by ND TITANS »

blueandgold, if your a former player and an alum you need to respect the players and former players that have played at ND. 2008 Brock Hannah threw for 1300yds and 14 TD's and Thad Bowman rushed for 0ver 1200 yds 19 td's and had close to 250 receiving first time in ND history a 1000 yard rusher and passer in same season. There is alot of good qualified coaches in the area and I'm sure they will make the right choice . Sammons does want to stay for a long time his kids go to ND and he is a good coach, the program is back ND just needs to let them coach, to many qb's walking around campus.

BlueandGold
Waterboy

Post by BlueandGold »

I should say that I am not slamming players. Those are all good kids at ND and give their all. And they do have talent across the board...

But I think they need someone that is going to them in the best situation to win football games, and I don't think the offense being run is that.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Is there a poster on here that hasn't been to a game in four years?

sterling
Waterboy

Post by sterling »

Amen BlueandGold!

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

sterling wrote:Amen BlueandGold!

Nothing gets by you.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I don't have a dog in this fight, but don't kid yourselves if you think Sammons doesn't know offensive football in general. He's showed over the years an ability to adapt to his personel. He's coached just about every style.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Tobias wrote:
Good luck to those who are making the final decisions. I simply wanted to provide input concerning Coach Sammons offense. It will provide 30+ points per game in 2010 if made available...

I wish i had said that.

West Sider
Varsity

Post by West Sider »

Great guy better coach

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Found out (correcting a previous post) that there is an excellent NDAF recommendation committee.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

I did learn that there are more quality applicants than I thought possible. Obviously, they understand that there is an abundance of talent at NDHS. The selection process will be difficult, and this fan for one, will support them.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

But, my #1 choice is still Coach Sammons.

One opinion of many, I am sure...

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

[quote="Tobias"][quote="BlueandGold"]

This offense takes over 1 year to understand because the techniques required to perfect

I beg to differ with you on this one, witness game one's 290 yards passing and no sacks in just 3 quarters.The OL and team bought into Coach Sammons Air Offense from day one.
I know for a fact that Greenup Co., Green, and East feared that ND would run the Air Raid for 4 quarters. I still believe that if ND would have run the Air Attack the second half at Greenup, ND would have walked away with a win.
Green was actually ahead at half time when ND unleashed its Air Raid in the second half for the win. Everyone knows what happened at East when ND controled the second half with Coach Sammons Air Assault.

One opinion of the many, I am sure...

foot123ball
Waterboy

Post by foot123ball »

Didn't work vs the vikings or zanesville. The qb must make the correct decisons and the line to give some time.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

foot123ball wrote:Didn't work vs the vikings or zanesville. The qb must make the correct decisons and the line to give some time.

Because of those teams were better than the Titans last year (not by lot, but they both were playoff teams)...I agree with gwell that the Air Raid offense worked well for the Titans last year, they had an experienced quarterback, decent skill positions, and small line that worked hard...Now even though the Air Raid is a good offense, its not perfect you have to adjust to personel.

And tobias is speaking the truth about it taking a while to learn the Tony Franklin system, its pretty complicated, especially for high schoolers to learn it in one season...now i understand that Nd could of been at least 6-4 of they could have used it all game, but the offense they ran was already in place, it was what the kids knew, and what the coaches knew how to call...with that being said I will be suprised if Notre Dame doesn't pass alot next year, because they have the personel and a year in the system.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

foot123ball wrote:Didn't work vs the vikings or zanesville. The qb must make the correct decisons and the line to give some time.

Those of us that were at the game know better than that.
The Air Raid was only used the last half of the 4th quarter at Zanesville and maybe a total of 1 quarter at Symmes.
And don't be bad mouthing my OL.

One "single" opinion of the many...

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Good post, sider.
What you and Tobias say is true. I just wanted to point out how quickly ND adapted to the offense.

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

When we will know something about this position being filled?

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

bigstick625 wrote:When we will know something about this position being filled?

The $64,000 question.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

bigstick625 wrote:When we will know something about this position being filled?

It should be getting near and the excitement mounts. A quick review of the last 10 years:
2000 Coach Ashley leads ND to one of its greatest seasons at 11-1
2001 After going 0-10 leaves for greener pastures.
2002 Darby Riley perhaps saved the NDHS football program with only 15 total players.
2006-2008 Coach McKnight rebuilds the NDHS football program.
2009 Coach Sammons joins coaching staff for his knowledge and his Air Assault offense.
Most of us remain puzzled to this day why this offense wasn't used for most of the season.
Sammons is the NDHS AD, and by all accounts, doing a great job.
And in 2010, in house, at the right place, at the right time, and with the right personal - this is a no brainer.

One opinion of the many, I am sure...

Return to “Football”