TROJANS 2010?

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

TROJANS 2010?

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

I keep hearing that the Trojans will be good this year. Can anyone tell me what they have coming back next year. Do they return a lot of talent and if so who do they have that leads to so much excitment.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Re: TROJANS 2010?

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

The Trojans will be very good this season with several returning starters. On the offensive side I believe the Trojans only lost 2 starters from a team that averaged near 30 points a game.

Returning starters
QB- Josh Myers- 2009 SEOAL south player of the year, all Ohio honorable mention, 1006 yards rushing, 1018 yards passing, and 72 total points (4 year starter freshmen year on defense)
RB- Angelo Jackson- 600 yards rushing came on the 2nd half of the season and will be a force this season (3 year starter)
WR/RB/KR – Jon Royster- FAST, Jon can flat out fly and is always a threat from anywhere on the field. I don’t have official stats for Jon, but I think he would be around 300 rushing, and 250 receiving, and had 20 receptions (3 year starter)
WR- Kyle Simpson- 447 yards receiving on 27 catches, Kyle is a great possession receiver with, and has game breaking speed (2year starter)
TE- Collin Staker- Solid blocker, and had some big catches in the 2nd half of the season. I look for him to become more involved in the passing game this season.
T – Casey Sanders 2009 all Ohio honorable, mention SEOAL 1st team, struggled with injury early but was the leader on the Trojans line. (3
G Brennan Howard – 2009 SEOAL 1st team, Brennan is a force on the line, and very quick for his size. (3year starter)
T-Taylor Brown – Big and strong, Taylor has lots of potential, played well for the Trojans last season, after some early struggles.
OL -Kyle Ratcliff- Kyle got some quality time and experience last year due to some injuries on the line, look for him to take advantage of this experience and have a great junior year.

On defense the Trojans don’t have as much coming back, but should be lead by all Ohio honorable mention selection Trey Underwood. Also look for Myers, Royster, and Simpson in the secondary, with Howard, and Sanders seeing time on the D-line. Rumor has it that the Trojans will also have the services of 6-5 Dion McKinley again this year, after he had to leave the team last season. Others returning to the defensive side of the ball are Gulley at LB, and Austin Porter.
Last edited by Trojan_FB_Alum on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

checkout--loganfootball.com/seoal.html

this will show you what everyone will have coming back

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

i can deffinetly see the trojans going 8-2, 9-1, and even 10-0. They have as much talent in that locker room as any team in their division. I have personally played with the team and can almost bet anything that the trojans will make the playoffs. This team has been together since the 7th grade. The team chemistry is byfar the best i've seen in the SEOAL. So look for the trojans to possibly make a run to state. ALSO if you haven't heard the news, Andrew Bendolph is coming back,

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Sounds good Pac-man, no better source the straight from the young man himself. I really hate that he felt he couldn't be here this season.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

Yes sir, So look out for the Trojans in this upcoming season.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Just had a thought, will Andrew play football at Portsmouth? After all he didn't play his sophomore season.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Whoever plays, one thing is for sure, Portsmouth is going to be very good. I'm anxious to see what the defense will look like. Any word on Dion McKinley playing?

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

I know that the schedule is out somewhere. Would someone please post it for me.

Thanks in advance.... oldtrojan

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Not positive but this is how I believe it will look for next year.

1. Wilmington home D2 I think this is a Saturday night game
2. West Away D4
3. Burg Away D5
4. Warren home D2
5. Chillicothe Away D3
6. Jackson Home D3
7. Marietta Away D2
8. Gallia Away D3
9. Logan Home D2
10. Ironton Home D4

It’s a good schedule, and will be a real grind. No easy wins for the Trojans this season, with 4 D2 schools 3 D3, always tough D5 Burg, D4 power and arch rival Ironton, and D4 cross town rival West who should be very strong this season.

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

I'd like to see a Minford- Portsmouth game. I think these teams stack up well against each other. Portsmouth will be good next year, and anything short of playoffs would be a disappointment. It seems like this team was made for this season!

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Word on the Bball forum is that one of the transfers should be back in Ptown today. Don't know about the other rumors, but the Trojans may have just picked up a little depth.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

FalconFan wrote:Whoever plays, one thing is for sure, Portsmouth is going to be very good. I'm anxious to see what the defense will look like. Any word on Dion McKinley playing?

I was wondering Dion played Football or not, can't wait to see him on the Basketball Court next year. He should be tough the next 2 years :122249 . I think he would make a great Receiver in Football. :122245

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Yes Dion played football untill the 7th week when he and a couple others quit to work on basketball...Dion wont play reciever, he will be playing on Defense.....word is him and Evans have both said they will play football this upcoming season......

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I would be surprised to see Bendolph in a football uniform. He got hurt in the 4th game for the Burg and then never came back.

My guess is basketball is his bread and butter for college and i don't think his parents were happy when he played last year for the Burg, especially after he rolled his ankle in the game he got hurt in.

I wish him nothing but the best. He tested the waters elsewhere and it just didn't work out for him.

prepstar18
Waterboy

Post by prepstar18 »

wasnt impressed with bendolph on the football field but he is nasty on the court same with mckinley and evans

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

biggdowgg wrote:Yes Dion played football untill the 7th week when he and a couple others quit to work on basketball...Dion wont play reciever, he will be playing on Defense.....word is him and Evans have both said they will play football this upcoming season......

Portsmouth is going to be tough this year. ;-)
Last edited by The Instructor on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Faclons Forever wrote:I'd like to see a Minford- Portsmouth game. I think these teams stack up well against each other. Portsmouth will be good next year, and anything short of playoffs would be a disappointment. It seems like this team was made for this season!

I was told by a source who is 100% reliable that Portsmouth would love to play Minford.

The 100% reliable source also told me that Portsmouth approached Minford and put an offer on the table at least three times.

This source told me that Minford turned Portsmouth down each time.

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

Hmmm, well i guess that's that then. Rest assured, if I were AD at Minford, I'd be pushing for it. I'd love to see that game.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

I can say with 100% reliability that your source is incorrect.

The Trojans should be very good this year. I intently fully on attending a few games at the new stadium any suggestions on which games to choose?

Return to “Football”