Is Chillicothe The real deal?

Ohio1234
JV Team

Is Chillicothe The real deal?

Post by Ohio1234 »

What are your thoughts on Chillicothe Through Week 6? and playoff odds?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: Is Chillicothe The real deal?

Post by Rolltanks »

In this area they are consistently a top team. If we talk playoffs then I have to say no. They are a d3 that would lose to d4 massie every year and some years to d5 burg. Imo d3 will always belong to the Toledo and other catholic schools.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

They should see Week 11 again barring a meltdown.

Last year they got rolled in Week 11, if they get in and compete then yes for real. Hinton taking them in right direction.

If they beat Clinton Massie this year then that is another sign they are for real.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

They are a real playoff contender. But DeSales is the real contender in Region 11. Key is to stay out of # 8, 5, 4 slots and chance to win 1-2. In the SE Chilli is a distant 2nd to Burg.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

thebarlowbandit wrote:They are a real playoff contender. But DeSales is the real contender in Region 11. Key is to stay out of # 8, 5, 4 slots and chance to win 1-2. In the SE Chilli is a distant 2nd to Burg.
I don't put chilly ahead of Jackson , even though they won this season. I still think Jackson is second best program on southern Ohio

That's just an opinion

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

In My opinion Chillicothe Still has not played to full potential their Offense is only focused on one player, The QB (He's a Stud) and the o line has been terrible all season almost looks like they are running screen plays at times. The Defense is Great very fast and very physical, they have the best Secondary in the Area and Danzy the Corner is the best DB in the area has 7 or 8 ints already.

I was at the Jackson game and Chillicothe has two touchdowns called back on clips way away from the play. In my mind Chillicothe should have beat Jackson by at least 14 to 17 points.

The Massie game will be the true test then again vs Wilmington to close the season.

If Chillicothe can go 9-1 or 8-2 they should be in a good position in region 11 but at 7-3 they may not get in or possible play Desales or Bexely the teams to beat in the region.

Hard to tell if Chilli is real or not playing greenfield, Hillsboro and east Clinton. But 5-1 is 5-1 no Shame in losing to a Johnstown team that is gonna have a shot at a championship run in D4

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Poo Bear wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:They are a real playoff contender. But DeSales is the real contender in Region 11. Key is to stay out of # 8, 5, 4 slots and chance to win 1-2. In the SE Chilli is a distant 2nd to Burg.
I don't put chilly ahead of Jackson , even though they won this season. I still think Jackson is second best program on southern Ohio

That's just an opinion
It's a real dumb opinion. And clearly you are allowed to have dumb opinions, I don't want to take that away from you.

Jackson is behind Burg (obviously they smoked you).
Jackson is behind Chillicothe (obviously they beat you).
Jackson is behind Waverly (obviously they have a better record).

And honestly I am not sure Athens or NY is not better than you.

So you are not the second best behind Burg. That is my opinion, which happens to be based in fact and not some puffed up trumped up sense of self-importance that you have ingrained in your "opinion".

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

with your logic there would be several teams ahead of Jackson.

if you go on record, but he said program a big difference there.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Chillicothe seems to be getting it done so far against some better then average opponents. Not to get ahead of themselves but real test for them will come next week against Clinton Massie, they'll find out how playoff ready they really are. Currently Courthouse and Wilmington is 5-1 but sorry they haven't beaten anyone and they're records look good on paper is all. They beat Jackson by 3 but Jackson had turnovers and still had a shot at the end to win it and Jackson doesn't have a big win either. They did pull away from Miami Trace in 2nd half but another team that hasn't beaten anyone. So for me evaluating Chillicothe has to come next week when they take on Clinton Massie, however they have to get past McClain 1st. McClain though looks to be struggling offensively last 4 weeks.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:

That's just an opinion
It's a real dumb opinion. And clearly you are allowed to have dumb opinions, I don't want to take that away from you.

Jackson is behind Burg (obviously they smoked you).
Jackson is behind Chillicothe (obviously they beat you).
Jackson is behind Waverly (obviously they have a better record).

And honestly I am not sure Athens or NY is not better than you.

So you are not the second best behind Burg. That is my opinion, which happens to be based in fact and not some puffed up trumped up sense of self-importance that you have ingrained in your "opinion".
Good to see my preps stalker back . Miss you DD.
Anyways like an Inteligent poster said already , I said "program" not 2016 team. We all know Jackson is down from the last 2 seasons and that happens. Burg , Waverly , chilly among others are all really good teams this year . But with the recent success of Jackson and the consistency of the program the last 30 years at all levels I think it's safe to say that top 2-3 program in southern Ohio is a fair assessment .

I know DD you hate all things Jackson , we get it man . Good luck against NY.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Sorry to high jack this thread . Chilly is an up and coming program and deserves all the praise they receive .

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

This is a very young cavs team. They have improved each week. The defense is very impressive, especially against the pass. I think their only common opponent is Miami trace. Massie beat Trace 24-14. While the cavs won 56-21. 2 years ago Massie needed help on the final play to beat the cavs. The cavs intercepted a pass in the end zone to seal the win. But a ref threw a late flag for interference on the cavs, which should have went against massie. It was a very bad call and massie won it on tbe next play with no time left. These young cavs will not back down from massie, and I actually think they will beat them

Inside/outside em
Riding the Bench

Post by Inside/outside em »

Ohio1234 wrote: If Chillicothe can go 9-1 or 8-2 they should be in a good position in region 11 but at 7-3 they may not get in or possible play Desales or Bexely the teams to beat in the region.
Bexley is overrated, if Chillicothe gets them in round 1 they'll smash them!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Its what side your on. Like last year, Chillicothe ended up with the only 3 good teams from the region on their side.
Desales and Beechcroft are the only good teams this year. Desales has the #1 seed locked up. Beechcroft will go 9-1 and will be the 4/5

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Bexley is probably not one of the better teams, they have given up a lot of points to some smaller schools with not so good W/L records.

DeSales is the team this year, just like Zanesville was the team last year.

Return to “Football”