oak hills head coach?

oak hill oak
Waterboy

oak hills head coach?

Post by oak hill oak »

if phillips leaves oak hill it would be stupid of him! with the team he has comming back who would leave that! but if he dose leave the who will oak hills new head coach be?

Regulator
All Conference

Re: oak hills head coach?

Post by Regulator »

Next year will be a great year for the Oaks, however, the writing is on the wall for the year after. It will be tough sledding and the cycle will start over for Oak Hill in football and basketball. So if he was wanting to get out and go to his hometown, now would be the time to do it and get it settled. Next year, Wellston will not be open.
Question, do you bank on one more year with nothing coming after? Or do you try and establish yourself from your hometown?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Good point Regulator.Its a matter of what he wants. I think he wants to try and build a program in his home town.

BytheNumbers
Waterboy

Post by BytheNumbers »

Norm could take the job. He's got a lot of offseason to work with since they bowed out of the b-ball tournament early this year. :lol:

oak hill oak
Waterboy

Post by oak hill oak »

hahahaha! if he even though about coaching then oak hill would have a team 4 the season!

BorntobeLOM
Waterboy

Post by BorntobeLOM »

So next year Oak Hill dropped 1-9* River Valley, D6 South Gallia and D6 Trimble from their schedule and picked up D4 Wellston, and D5 Wheelersburg, D3 New Richmond who both were in the playoffs. Now I know you want to beef up the schedule to prepare you for the playoffs, but now it is not unreasonable to think that a team equal in talent to a 10-0 team could go 8-2 because of increased level of competition. No coach wants to be the guy who took undefeated juniors to 2 loss seniors, regardless of the change in schedule. I think this is the perfect time for Phillips to leave Oak Hill and go to Wellston.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Well said BorntobeLOM..... The Oaks better be ready this year, tougher schedule and EVERYONE WILL BRING THEIR "A" GAME FOR THE OAKS...... I predict a 7-3 season.

Boss429
Waterboy

Post by Boss429 »

You can look at this many different ways. I know from talking to a coach that River Valley dropped Oak Hill. Why not play 'Burg? Oak Hill beat Minford last year, guess who Minford beat? As for Wellston, Oak Hill would've beaten them by 3 td's or more last year. Saw both teams play. Game wouldn't have been close! New Richmond, only know they are D3 and were in the playoffs last year. Week 9 games are hard to find maybe that is why they are playing. As for Oak Hill, would another year in the weightroom and playing together maybe make them even better? They were a big physical team last year with good skill players. Not even close to being a finesse team that some (Coal Grove) thought. Except for New Richmond, I think that schedule is very good for them. If Phillips takes this Wellston job, he would have to play them week 4.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

If you are right Blacjack and the Oaks go 7-3 they wont make the post season. I myself only see two teams giving them trouble if the Oaks stay healthy, Wheelersburg- New Richmond.They only lose to one of these they will get in the post season . The trouble is in their league. Not alot of point there.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Alot easier last year for Oak Hill to get up for one game ( Minford) to make or break their season. This year the road will be drastically tougher. If I was Phillips, I would think back two years ago when parents were after his head heck even this year when they boo'd his decision to close the first half against Ridgewood. IMO Phillips needs to go home...

ccrunner
Riding the Bench

Post by ccrunner »

I had heard that he interviewed for the job at Warren before Andy Schob got it.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Phillips needs to think hard about this. I think he would be crazy not to take the job if he truely wants to coach in his home town. In Oak Hill, he is in a NO win situation. He is expected to win this season and any thing short of a State Championship is failure in the fans eyes. As they have said before, anyone could coach that team. In Wellston, there is no place to go but up ;-) . He would have the entire town behind him and any improvement would be greatly appreciated. Also it is not like in High School you get more money by winning. If he goes to Wellston then he could negotiate for an increase in pay. :-D Its a no brainer, take the money and go Home and be appreciated.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I think oak hill will make the playoffs, next year they're good but I could see them losing a a game or two...if they can make it through the non conf, they will have time to heal up during playpffs

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Sorry Blackjack, let me guess you can't be a coach. To make a statement that anyone could have coached that team is Oak Hill is a silly statement. Have more stronger words but won't use them on here. I coached high school football for 12 years and small college football for 3 years so I am speaking with some knowledge. No coaches win without talent, but some do lose with it. I have seen it lots of times. So much goes into an undefeated football team you wouldn't understand. You just don't go out and do that. Could not let that statement go by.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Da Bears - if you read the post, it has been said by some of the fans that anyone could coach that team. I was not saying that. By the way, who cares what you have coached. There are all kinds of coaches out there that dont and didnt know what they were doing.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

If Phillips does go back to Wellston, there will be A LOT of pressure on him to win right away.

Unrealistic pressure from many of Wellston's fans, which know who they are, but A LOT of pressure none the less.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Well said keysor-soze78. I couldn't agree more with you're statements.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I agree with Keyser also . People in Wellston to fail realize that over the history of WHS football the Rockets are maybe a .500 team . Most wont accept this ,but facts are facts.

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Boiler your right, but when you had coaches this decade that won back 2 back tvc titles, and had a coach take you to the playoffs 2/3 seasons he was there you expect to win. Thats anywhere, I think thats what separates programs in this area, take jackson for example I know for a fact in everyones mind in jackson right now that they beleive they will win the seoal and make the playoffs call it cocky? I call it confindence and belief, thats what a lot of the programs around here are missing, Wellston people beleive that by hiring Phillips they would have legitmate chance to win tvc and make playoffs. And if it takes him being hired for the people around here to start believing in the kids and program, then thats what needs to be done.

bigmama42
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmama42 »

so if all in wellston wants phillips and he takes the job,how many of you will be after his head if he doesn't make play offs? no pressure right, seems like alot of poeple here in town doesn't care if he does leave.I think it will depend a lot on his assitant coach's if he is successful there,providing he takes job.

Return to “Football”