Sider Football!

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Sider Football!

Post by Black@Orange »

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger, and Older. I believe this is our year.
Should be a very competitive year in the Big S.O.C., but I like our chances. Our 15 and 16 yr. olds will be 16 and 17 this year. Last years experience will help them dramatically.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Re: Sider Football!

Post by sider_zone »

The Numbers I'm hearing about the weight room are just unbelievable for highschool boys.
Coach "T" is a motivator. Great Job Coach!!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Last time I talked to coach T he was without a doubt excited about this team. Lots of returning talent and those sophs to be are gonna push for alot of playing time. We should be a very deep team.

This will be the first class with 4 years in coach's weight program. Their won't be another team around more physically ready to compete than West, and I think it will pay dividends in a long playoff run.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

I agree with you siderman there is a big difference in the one year between 15-16 and 16-17. For my own Trojans it was the difference between a 1-9 season and a 7-3 season. It will be the difference between 6-4 for your siders and a strong playoff run. I think your sider will win the SOC this year and have a strong playoff run.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

It's very possible that West and Portsmouth could meet twice next year. Should be two of the best teams in Region 15.

Anti-West
Waterboy

Post by Anti-West »

look another west thread

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

sider_zone wrote:The Numbers I'm hearing about the weight room are just unbelievable for highschool boys.
Coach "T" is a motivator. Great Job Coach!!!!

Go to http://www.bobbiannannphotos.com/other/ , and check out the number of players in the weight room. Impressive for Febuary. Alot of games are won in the offseason, and it looks like we're off to a good start. Can't wait until September.

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

Anti-West wrote:look another west thread

How many are there :-D

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Have to agree with siderman,these sophs are going to add a great deal of talent to the team this year; speed,size,strength. It will help our special teams to IMO,and that can win you ballgames.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

I heard there could be a shake up with some assistant coaches. Any truth to this? Maybe some play calling duties? Or secondary coaches?

prepstar18
Waterboy

Post by prepstar18 »

west should contend next season for the conference title

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Black@Orange wrote:I heard there could be a shake up with some assistant coaches. Any truth to this? Maybe some play calling duties? Or secondary coaches?

If I know Coach-T he is always looking to upgrade and make changes that will support the kids and the program. This could be a good season for the kids they have been working hard and the Coaching staff has been doing the same.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

West should have a very good football team this coming year. I did
not think they spread the ball around very well last year and that
murphy was under utilized in the running game. west has the best player around and they are mainly a year older. they should be good. last year they had problems in pass defense and offense.
If they correct those, they could make a long run in the playoffs.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

falconater wrote:West should have a very good football team this coming year. I did
not think they spread the ball around very well last year and that
murphy was under utilized in the running game. west has the best player around and they are mainly a year older. they should be good. last year they had problems in pass defense and offense.
If they correct those, they could make a long run in the playoffs.

I do agree somewhat about West not spreading the ball around enough, but the problem was that a majority of the players did not remember the plays during the game, I understand that its the coaches job to teach the kids, but if you get a nervous 15-16 year old out there in an intense varsity game, especially in the games they lost which were all against veteran squads, they have a tendency to have a brain fart, if you played football you know what I mean...With West it seemed like only a handful of players that didn't act like a deer staring into headlights, especially when given the ball...Pendleton obviously was the main one, Thompson was a real suprise he was a hard runner, and Murphy knew what he was doing as well...the others just didn't seem ready carry the ball...I do think some of those people could of been worked into via the passing game, but West isn't a passing team...Murphy just wasn't the same player on offense as he was the past two years, he didn't have that burst to the second level that he did before, he was still a great defensive end and was a very good receiver when called upon, but it just wasn't there for him running the ball, and when you have a talent like Trevon you want him to touch the ball 25 times a game, at least, its that simple he might be one of the best players to ever come out of this area you want to give him the ball and let him do his thing, but he can't be a one man show...I agree they play calling was stale at times, but it goes back to players only knowing a handful of plays, and with having a young quarterback it made it hard to throw, I think we could of thrown a lot more, but Triplett like to explore different options rather than pass, thats just way he calls plays, I doubt he'll change, thats just the way he does stuff, and he typically doesn't worry about what other people think...I think the offense will open up next year, we have a lot of athletes I think Triplett will get the ball to the right people. You have to remember last year was a building year, we had 4-5 seniors that started, and personally I don't 6-4 is all of that bad for a building year...

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

^^^Somewhat agree, but not 100%. We could talk talk about this for days, but good points.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

I believe West will pass the ball more. The best game West played last year was Waverly. And that was the most balanced game we had. Play action pass helps the whole offense to be better. #3 can throw the ball very well, and with Trevon in the backfield, it could be dangerous. We most certianly don't need to go to a spread. But anyone who watched a game last year, that didn't come away from the game saying, that West is to one dimensional. Doesn't know anything about football. You have the upper hand being on offense, by being able to call the plays. The defense has to react to what you do. But when the defense knows what your doing, every play. Even a player as talented as Trevon, will struggle. Especially against the better teams. So I hope that we will mix it up alittle bet more. New coaches? Might help but I'm not going to hold my breath.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

I don't think it's as much "NEW" coaches as it is moving coaches UP. I think It's a smart move for coach "T" to make. These guys have coached these boys through Pee Wee and Junior High, so they Know these boys very Well.Very smart move IMO. I think coach "T" has watched these guys very closely over past few years. Just one more reason that says we have the right man in coach "T" IMO.

PS.these coaches having the Winning records they've had doesn't hurt any either.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Moving up pee wee coaches?... :lol:

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

High Plains Drifter wrote:Moving up pee wee coaches?... :lol:

Pee Wee no. A couple of Jr. High coaches yes, and there every friday night. And when ever they can be there. So its not a big reach. I do know one thing, alot of other Jr. High coaches will be glad to see them gone! :lol:

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

High Plains Drifter wrote:Moving up pee wee coaches?... :lol:

I'm sorry I thought this was a gentlemens post. But I'm sure if care to check you will probably find a lot of assistant coaches on the sidelines on Friday nights that started coaching in Pee Wee. Maybe its because they like to Coach!

Return to “Football”