Thoughts on Warren Football Season

warriorfan 740
Waterboy

Thoughts on Warren Football Season

Post by warriorfan 740 »

Thoughts on this season? Already seen lots of the boys conditioning with Coach Schob and staff. Looks like its gonna be a great season :mrgreen:

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Re: Thoughts on Warren Football Season

Post by bigcatmarietta »

Warren will be very good with the new staf. The Warren kids are very hard workers from what I here.

warrior10
Waterboy

Post by warrior10 »

bigcatmarietta how do you know about warren so much? You seem like your a coach or something.

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

I thought everyone knew Warren took on a new staf. That's not inside info, moreover it's been noted on here many times how hard of workers the Warren kids are. I'll tell you this for sure, I'd work any sideline with Coach Schob, no matter what school. I'm happy for Warren, very happy...

warrior10
Waterboy

Post by warrior10 »

We do have a hard working group of kids, but the kids need to train at a level that their oponets do want to go that far or can not do. Ive heard that Marrietta is working very hard too.... well some of them.

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

Can't tell u about Marietta, the schobs are turning me into a Warren fan.

warrior10
Waterboy

Post by warrior10 »

All of the schobs are good people.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Heard a rumor that Warren will install the spread. Hope it works, seems that the Warriors will be big up front, do we have the footspeed to run the spread? Whatever I believe that Coach Schob will get the job done. Same as before with Pifer, Patience is the key, it takes time. Hope the numbers are what they say and that the kids buy in and work hard. They sure have the last several years, is shows in the steady improvment.

Native Warrior
Freshman Team

Post by Native Warrior »

If it is not broke, why fix it?... With the success we had with the wing-t where is the logic to change the offense? ....New blocking schemes, alingments for your skilled players will be all together different.... Not to mention the offense is generally in a no-huddle , shot-gun formation. Maybe the rumor is just that ..a rumor ...for Warren"s sake anyway.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Just a few simple question here.

Did Warrens coach run the spread at Marietta?
If so did it work at Marietta?
If it did will Warren have the guns to run it?
If it didn't why try it at Warren.

WarriorMom
Waterboy

Post by WarriorMom »

I don’t believe we have the speed to run the spread. But according to Coach Schob’s interview he was not set in bringing the spread to Warren. Right now the kids are doing well in the Wing T and I hope that they do not change it. And yes we are very big up front, I say the O-line will weigh in around 1000 lbs again this year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

No need to change the offense--Warren started clicking with it last year-- so stay with it and add a few new things.

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

Someone on another thread implied that Belpre's Coach Shriver would be on Warren's coaching staff this season. This would be a plus for Warren, as coach Shriver would be a welcomed addition to any one's team.

warriorfan 740
Waterboy

Post by warriorfan 740 »

I heard that about 140 kids signed up to come out this year. Who knows how many are going to be commited and stay? But thats a huge ammount. This should be a great year for the warriors!

WarriorMom
Waterboy

Post by WarriorMom »

I heard there was over 100 also that have signed up also. The difference this year is the amount of kids in the weight room. I was told that the weight room is full at night. My son said there are probably 50 kids lifting right now. And this does not include next year’s Freshman class. That’s pretty huge considering we have only had around 50-60 kids on the entire team for years. Warren had a huge JR high program and I expect to see a lot of those kids on the team this year. There are also more Seniors that have signed up this year that did not play last year. Plus the coach is encouraging his players to recruit new players, which I think is a great idea. Coach Schob is doing a great job building repor with his players, and I expect to see great things from this team. There’s a lot to be excited about this year and many years to come.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

If all the eighth grade players from our Jr.High that said they would play their freshman year it would be between 20 and 25 I believe.

Tvc87
Waterboy

Post by Tvc87 »

Should be a tough I see them losing the opener to Belpre.

ccrunner
Riding the Bench

Post by ccrunner »

Tvc87 wrote:Should be a tough I see them losing the opener to Belpre.

I see Warren shutting out Belpre in the opener.

Tvc87
Waterboy

Post by Tvc87 »

Who on Warren is going to be able to stop Waderker and Watkins?

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

let me see, henthorne, barrows, harlow come to mind as three litigitmate candidates. I think I could find a few more. O, I forgot there are 11 players on defense. And Belpre did not have a very good line last year, who will make a difference this year, on the Belpre squad? They had to cancel the freshman schedule, maybe they moved them up to fill the varsity? Last years Belpre team was the smallest I can remember in years at Belpre, numbers wise and size wise. Warren will be the largest up they have been in years and will be returniong many from last years team, sooooo. Also Warren will have the numbers on Belpre. And will just flat wear them out , much like last year. I hope Belpre has a large increase in numbers this year, I truly do, otherwise Warren will just keep throwing fresh bodies at them and Belpre will have to rely on a very few. Bel;pres good players ended up on the side lines last year hurt, and I would like to suggest that it was in part to just getting wore out and tried and could not adquately defend themselves. O'well we will find out in August. Good luck the the Eagles, I just don't see them being able to hang in for four quarters.

Return to “Football”