SE

Re: Oak Hill Football

Post by boilermaker »

Ill bite ,,,,,who's next??

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

If the Oaks do have to find a new coach, then who would be in the running?

BytheNumbers
Waterboy

Post by BytheNumbers »

I would say the Slone boy's dad would take it. But, he may only do it for a year because his son will be playing on Saturdays the following year. I'm sure they would get some decent applicants. What do they have coming after this year?

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

I was wondering that too. Are they just in an "up" cycle like most small schools go through, or are they just too big for SOC I now, like Valley was? What do their JV and Junior high teams look like?

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Faclons Forever wrote:I was wondering that too. Are they just in an "up" cycle like most small schools go through, or are they just too big for SOC I now, like Valley was? What do their JV and Junior high teams look like?

This will be the last winning season for oak hill football for a good while...

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

from what I've read on here it may stay Phillips

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Whats the Oaks schedule look like?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Other than three games very weak schedule.The Oaks need to win two of those games .They may be able to lose two of those games and still get in the post season.To be sure they better win two of the three Minford,Wheelersburg and New Phila.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

boilermaker,

I think the Oaks have New Richmond, rather than New Philadelphia. I'm sure that's what you meant anyway, but I just thought I'd clarify.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

ironman02 wrote:boilermaker,

I think the Oaks have New Richmond, rather than New Philadelphia. I'm sure that's what you meant anyway, but I just thought I'd clarify.

I hope they have New Richmond. New Philadelphia vs Oak Hill wouldn't be pretty.

bigmama42
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmama42 »

hey boiler you must have a sore place for oak hill.seems like every thing you comment on about us is always negative.Like now saying a very weak schedule.also when some of you thought phillips was no doubt going to be your next coach,he was king.now you find out that your beloved rocket school board didnt want to pay what he wanted, he's a nobody now. seeems like you guys have more problems than not having a coach.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Bigmomma If you take the time to read my post I never said I thought Phillips was the best man for the job.I was told he wanted the job and the board wanted him.That doesnt mean I dont think he is a good coach . As for me being negitive about the Oaks you are wrong,I work with and have some very good friends from Oak Hill. I even have and wear a State championship Oaks shirt I wear proudly.I am just answering a post about the Oaks schedule.I do think the Oaks are in a very weak league if not the weakest in southern Ohio .I think they need to win two of the three tough teams they will face in 2010 to get to the post season.JMO!
I wish them best of Luck this year and good health.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

bigmama: I can attest to the fact that boilermaker is a supporter of the Oaks any chance he can get.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

28Buck I believe this is the schedule. MightyOaksFan can correct me if I'm wrong.

Chesapeake H
Wheelersburg H
Rock Hill A
Wellston H
Minford A
East A
Notre Dame H
Symmes Valley A
New Richmond H
Green A

I think the SOC I probably is one of the weakest leagues around overall, but still there seems to always be one or two teams good enough to make the playoffs. I think there are other teams on the schedule besides Minford, Wheelersburg and New Richmond that could have winning records this year.

ND TITANS
Waterboy

Post by ND TITANS »

Green, Oak Hill, Symmes Valley, and Notre Dame will all be good this year. Very good schedule for Oak Hill they might lead the region in points, with a couple of non conference wins.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

After seeing the Oak 2010 schedule it is much better than last season.Non-league games are key.
Thanks MOF I have always liked the Oaks ,except when they beat my Rockets. I dont think this year will be a good year for my Rockets considering they cant even get a coach ,and the youth that will be playing . It could be another long season of hard knocks for Wellston.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Would have liked to see how oak hill would have matched up against Ironton wish they could have worked out the contract to play each other

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Not well at all maniac66. Oak Hill wants no part of Ironton.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

maniac66 wrote:Would have liked to see how oak hill would have matched up against Ironton wish they could have worked out the contract to play each other

Are you trying to be funny? Oak Hill has one good season then they all of a sudden can play with a team that has been dominant for years in this area? I think not Ironton would be too much for Oak Hill.

Return to “Football”