Waverly 19 West 6

Westfan
SEOP

Re: WK8 West (3-4) @ Waverly (6-1)

Post by Westfan »

P(irate) wrote: One thing he does have right, he don't need to ask Burg. They will see that in 2 weeks.
If Wheelersburg is as good as all you chest thumpers have been saying all year they should've beat Waverly handily.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

smurray wrote:Waverly wins 19-6 giving up a 4th quarter TD. This one was not pretty but like they say, a win is a win.
Drew Harris went out early and did not return. That hurt the offense which was out of sink most of the night and hurt the Tiger run Defense. West fought and scrapped all night but was just out manned. Tigers were never in danger of losing the game but it's one of those games you walk away after a win shaking your head.
Tigers have to get Harris well for next week and have a great week of practice preparing for Minford.

This is how I felt about the Burg/Waverly game, Pirates were never in danger of losing the game, but I walked away after the win shaking my head.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote:
P(irate) wrote: One thing he does have right, he don't need to ask Burg. They will see that in 2 weeks.
If Wheelersburg is as good as all you chest thumpers have been saying all year they should've beat Waverly handily.
8-) Just wait my friend.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

smurray wrote: Waverly is way better than what you saw tonight. They came out flat and never did get it going. Many people thought they might have a letdown after the big game with Burg last week. I didn't think they would with the playoffs in their sights and a possible home playoff game to play for but they were out of sink tonight. Two fumbled hand off exchanges were sort of indicitive of the night for the offense.
They scored their 1st possession. How is that coming out flat?

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Westfan wrote:

I agree Burg had not played their Best game yet...

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Sport Fan wrote:
Westfan wrote:

West is extremely young and has had some very key injuries. But they keep getting better. That's what I want to see. West is a year away from being really good.

Wheelersburg may beat us to death but I think it will be respectible.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

So what your saying is west looked good in the loss? Nice.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

Sport Fan wrote:
Westfan wrote:

IMHO: West is a year away. Waverly is a good team/not a great team. Wheelersburg is a very good team/not a great team. Wheelersburg's team last year was probably the best team they've had since the '90's. This Wheelersburg team is young and will be better next year.
That's just my opinion.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Wow! Just like last week. Good sportsmanship exhibited by both teams though out the entire game and afterward. The kids, players and both coaching staffs deserve a pat on the back. Nicely done and nice to see!

I kinda figured this game would play out like it did. West coming in off a big win and feeling good about themselves. Waverly just not clicking on all cylinders. But West does deserve much of the credit. Definitely were able to keep Waverly's offense off the field for much of the game. And Harris is a huge loss for Waverly. He's our best players on both sides of the ball.

Nice to get out with a win! Huge game looming next week at Minford for the Tigers. It's all on the line!

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Sounds like a great effort by West, I agree with the post from above based on seeing them earlier this year West should be pretty good next year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congrats to the waverly tigers as they roll on.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Closer than I thought.
Nice effort I will guess out of West.
Congrats on playing as well as you did.

How long will Harris be out?

Congrats on the win.

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Burg is extremely young and has injuries but no one makes excuses for them. Everyone has injuries, sometimes really effects team chemistry. Welcome to football.
How many years now is West going to be young and have too many injuries. Please don't answer that because I have read it one too many timeS.
Congrats Waverly Tigers.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

tiger59 wrote:Burg is extremely young and has injuries but no one makes excuses for them. Everyone has injuries, sometimes really effects team chemistry. Welcome to football.
How many years now is West going to be young and have too many injuries. Please don't answer that because I have read it one too many timeS.
Congrats Waverly Tigers.
When you start 4 seniors out of 22 positions any reasonable person would consider that young. Evidently that doesn't fit your agenda.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Burg Bias wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
Westfan wrote: If Wheelersburg is as good as all you chest thumpers have been saying all year they should've beat Waverly handily.

IMHO: West is a year away. Waverly is a good team/not a great team. Wheelersburg is a very good team/not a great team. Wheelersburg's team last year was probably the best team they've had since the '90's. This Wheelersburg team is young and will be better next year.
That's just my opinion.
Completely agree with you.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

toast wrote:Wow! Just like last week. Good sportsmanship exhibited by both teams though out the entire game and afterward. The kids, players and both coaching staffs deserve a pat on the back. Nicely done and nice to see!

I kinda figured this game would play out like it did. West coming in off a big win and feeling good about themselves. Waverly just not clicking on all cylinders. But West does deserve much of the credit. Definitely were able to keep Waverly's offense off the field for much of the game. And Harris is a huge loss for Waverly. He's our best players on both sides of the ball.

Nice to get out with a win! Huge game looming next week at Minford for the Tigers. It's all on the line!
Good post! Congrats to waverly moving forward. Hope they have a nice run in the playoffs and represent the SOC well. West has really made great strides in the sportsmanship department indeed.

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

You think other teams don't have just as many issues year in and year out. Most athletes and coaches don't make excuses.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Who are Waverly's assistant coaches this year?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Waverly 19 West 6

Post by biggdowgg »

You can argue wavery didn't do this portsmouth didn't do that blah blah blah its FOOTBALL not golf no mulligans...what happened happened how about just giving the kids on both teams a hell yea for putting on a great game and playing their asses off for all us old bastards in the stands ,yiu can't get entertainment like that no where in the world for 5.00.....I hate when it takes away from the kids with all the excuses, at the end of the day they are kids they make mistakes ,I bet it happens again this week with both teams...any takers?

Good luck to west and wavery
..Get after it!!@

Return to “Football”