Waverly 19 West 6

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK8 West (3-4) @ Waverly (6-1)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Waverly needs to improve to snap from Center, to the quarterback.

If this happens, I think they take West by 30.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think waverly comes out mad, after the burg loss , plays sound fundamental football and spanks the siders.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Don't look for a Tiger letdown. My sources tell me the Tigers are hungry and realize the chances of making the playoffs and possibly a hosting a first round game.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Waverly needs to improve to snap from Center, to the quarterback.

If this happens, I think they take West by 30.
This has been a (small) issue for Waverly since the first scrimmage.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I look for West to hang around in this one. Just a gut feeling. Waverly pulls away in 4th.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

NewEra wrote:I look for West to hang around in this one. Just a gut feeling. Waverly pulls away in 4th.
An honorable showing would be nice but I see this one ending in a romp. West just doesn't have any offensive firepower right now.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The weather looks to be good for this one, should favor the Tigers high octane offense.

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

West fans are good at excuses. Burg never has excuses.
This should be a great game.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

tiger59 wrote:West fans are good at excuses. Burg never has excuses.
This should be a great game.
Not at all old fart. Everyone knows West is basically bringing a JV team up 23 tonight. This year it's your turn to pound your chest, enjoy it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Assuming so much and still making excuses
Good Luck to both teams.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Waverly easy.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

West has a good defense

Burg grad 85
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly wins 19-6 giving up a 4th quarter TD. This one was not pretty but like they say, a win is a win.
Drew Harris went out early and did not return. That hurt the offense which was out of sink most of the night and hurt the Tiger run Defense. West fought and scrapped all night but was just out manned. Tigers were never in danger of losing the game but it's one of those games you walk away after a win shaking your head.
Tigers have to get Harris well for next week and have a great week of practice preparing for Minford.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West played right with Waverly. West had the ball in the Redzone 3 times before they scored the 4th time. I haven't seen any stats but I wouldn't be surprised if West out gained Waverly in yardage. Either Waverly is highly overrated or West is getting better. Probably both.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

West had some horses carrying the ball. The 90 yard run for a TD by Waverly on their first possession of the second half was a killer for West.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Westfan wrote:West played right with Waverly. West had the ball in the Redzone 3 times before they scored the 4th time. I haven't seen any stats but I wouldn't be surprised if West out gained Waverly in yardage. Either Waverly is highly overrated or West is getting better. Probably both.
Ask Burg if Waverly is overrated.
Waverly had it 2nd and goal inside the one early in the 4th going in for the lead and a bad snap takes it back to the 14. Waverly failed to score and Burg put together a long time consuming drive to score late to seal it.

Waverly was way out of kilter tonight and Harris going out early in the first hurt a lot. Maybe hurt the defense worse but they still only gave up the one late score.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I don't need to ask Wheelersburg, I just watched them myself. Waverly has some good athletes on the outside both sides of the ball, but their interior defense is bad. They blitz every play because they can't play good defense.

One running back /linebacker shouldn't make that much difference. West has lost 2 of them plus the quarterback for the season. West starts 18 underclassmen. If Waverly was as good as advertised they should have looked alot better than that.

LMC
Waterboy

Post by LMC »

Anyone know what the injury was that Drew went out with? And how serious?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote:I don't need to ask Wheelersburg, I just watched them myself. Waverly has some good athletes on the outside both sides of the ball, but their interior defense is bad. They blitz every play because they can't play good defense.

One running back /linebacker shouldn't make that much difference. West has lost 2 of them plus the quarterback for the season. West starts 18 underclassmen. If Waverly was as good as advertised they should have looked alot better than that.
One thing he does have right, he don't need to ask Burg. They will see that in 2 weeks.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Westfan wrote:I don't need to ask Wheelersburg, I just watched them myself. Waverly has some good athletes on the outside both sides of the ball, but their interior defense is bad. They blitz every play because they can't play good defense.

Waverly is way better than what you saw tonight. They came out flat and never did get it going. Many people thought they might have a letdown after the big game with Burg last week. I didn't think they would with the playoffs in their sights and a possible home playoff game to play for but they were out of sink tonight. Two fumbled hand off exchanges were sort of indicitive of the night for the offense.

Return to “Football”