Ohio North-South All Star game

Paladin
SEOP

Ohio North-South All Star game

Post by Paladin »

Logan QB Patrick Angle ( Youngstown St.) helped to lead the South to a 23-20 win over the North in the Ohio North-South All Star game at Ohio St. by throwing a 32 yd. TD pass and also throwing pass completions as a running back. The other South QB Verlon Reed ( Ohio St.) of Columbus scored on a 37 yd run to ice it for the South at 23 -12 late in the 3rd qtr. Angle had better stats than Reed , but Reed was named the MVP based on the TD run as he only completed 1 of 7 passes for 10 yds. & ran for 45 yds..
Last edited by Paladin on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

It was a really cool, fun game to watch! Patrick did a GREAT job! He represented Logan, Ohio like a true chieftain! I'm so proud of him, as should be the town of Logan! Congrats Patrick!

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Ohio North-South All Star game

Post by Paladin »

Angle ( YSU) passed for 115 yds completing 7 of 12 for a TD and 2 INTs. TD pass went to Thomlinson of Westerville South in the 2nd qtr. Future team-mates at Youngstown St for the North were OT Franklin ( 6'7, 320) and OG Larson ( 6'3,290), both from Youngstown Cardinal Mooney who played well.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Pat

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Patrick should compete for the qb spot right away, represent southern ohio well Patrick.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i was just getting ready to ask who won it, i saw it yesterday. must have been a tape delay, and i watched over 3 quarters and fell asleep. never knew who won. yes pat, started out kinda shaky, but recovered very nicely. the south's line was huge. very good game.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

isn't there a kid from i-town playing at ysu now?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

TE Andy Colegrove, 6'4, 265

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Pat played very well. Nearly had a TD run himself when he was knocked out of bounds at the 5-yard line and the South got a field goal.

Covered the game for the Logan Daily News and watched hte 4th quarter in the pressbox with Coach Clifford from Portsmouth. Great guy who really understands SE Ohio football. I was impressed by his desire to learn more about the SEOAL and its history.

I will say that Verlon Reed is a tremendous athlete, and it's obvious why he gave teams in the playoffs fits with his speed. Not the best passer, but in the right offense you can get away with that.

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

An excellent showing. Pat's stats are definitely above average, quarterbacks can often have a tough time in the north south game with just a half dozen practices to learn an offense and get the timing down. Excellent college-level competition, these are college athletes except not as savvy. I wonder who from this North-South class will keep the Super Bowl participant's tradition alive?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

paladin , this is ironic , you singing the praises of the south. but i like it. i wonder had patrick angle not have been a qb, if you'd have even mentioned it. especially had the north won. it's good to see you evolving, especially since daily you are on here , singing the praises of the north, and how no good football gets played down here. i may be changing my opinion of you. good to hear you playing up the south.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

To be frank, the North outplayed the South for much of the game, but Reed's TD late in the 3rd qtr. made it a stretch for them to win in a closely matched up game. South would have lost but for Angle , as he was the only effective QB they had. Had they relied on Reed as the QB, the South would have gone down and as it is, they still trail in the series, even with a close win. Kudos to the South for winning , but the North had much better players at many positions, and like I said.......... had it not been for Angle, the North would have handled the South fairly easy. Angle was the MVP in my mind.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

diddo ^^

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Paladin wrote:To be frank, the North outplayed the South for much of the game, but Reed's TD late in the 3rd qtr. made it a stretch for them to win in a closely matched up game. South would have lost but for Angle , as he was the only effective QB they had. Had they relied on Reed as the QB, the South would have gone down and as it is, they still trail in the series, even with a close win. Kudos to the South for winning , but the North had much better players at many positions, and like I said.......... had it not been for Angle, the North would have handled the South fairly easy. Angle was the MVP in my mind.
----------------------------- i saw the whole thing. glad to see you on the south's side, you rebel , you. :-D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wait a minute did i just see a pig fly by my window.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Paladin wrote:To be frank, the North outplayed the South for much of the game, but Reed's TD late in the 3rd qtr. made it a stretch for them to win in a closely matched up game. South would have lost but for Angle , as he was the only effective QB they had. Had they relied on Reed as the QB, the South would have gone down and as it is, they still trail in the series, even with a close win. Kudos to the South for winning , but the North had much better players at many positions, and like I said.......... had it not been for Angle, the North would have handled the South fairly easy. Angle was the MVP in my mind.

Can't have a small Youngstown State player winning out over an Ohio State player.

No other reason

Return to “Football”