7 0n 7

gogrove9
JV Team

7 0n 7

Post by gogrove9 »

How are everyone's 7 on 7's going this year?

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Re: 7 0n 7

Post by sider_zone »

From what I hear West has done very well in 2 7on7's so far. One at Cole Grove, and they played at Marshall Stadium yesterday in a 7on7 tournament and made it to the championship game and lost by 5 points I was told to a very good George Washington team from Charleston WV. A triple A school I understand. So I think teams are going to have beat us in the air and on the ground this year. Passing game looking much better this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Siders!!!!!!!!!!!

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Hope you don't place too much stock in 7 on 7's............they are what they are! I think most schools do their 7 on 7's in July to avoid Baseball and Basketball

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

There is a 7 on 7 camp in Point Pleasant 6/26/10. I believe there will be about 14 teams there.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Shoelace wrote:Hope you don't place too much stock in 7 on 7's............they are what they are! I think most schools do their 7 on 7's in July to avoid Baseball and Basketball

Yeah! your wright, things will change when you start snapping chin straps. All I'm saying is we're seeing a big improvement over last years passing game. We should be a little more well rounded this year.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

OSU 77 wrote:There is a 7 on 7 camp in Point Pleasant 6/26/10. I believe there will be about 14 teams there.

Yeah! I think West is going to be in this one. Hope I can make it, it will be an all day event though from what I hear.

What teams will be there? Does any body know?

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

sider_zone wrote:From what I hear West has done very well in 2 7on7's so far. One at Cole Grove, and they played at Marshall Stadium yesterday in a 7on7 tournament and made it to the championship game and lost by 5 points I was told to a very good George Washington team from Charleston WV. A triple A school I understand. So I think teams are going to have beat us in the air and on the ground this year. Passing game looking much better this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Siders!!!!!!!!!!!

Passing game will be fine if we mix it up. You can't expect to complete many passes when its 3rd and forever when you pass. Waverly game was the most balanced game of the year, and we done whatever we wanted. Keepem guessing and this team can be very dangerous. If not they'll just load the box with 9 or 10 again, to stop Pendelton(sometimes it takes that many to stop him :lol: ). Secondary will be much better with almost everybody back. Alot expected out of these kids. Take it one game at a time. and we'll be fine. Go Siders!

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

Coal Grove is going to dublin tomorrow

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY will be at Dublin Coffman tomorrow.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Black@Orange wrote:
sider_zone wrote:From what I hear West has done very well in 2 7on7's so far. One at Cole Grove, and they played at Marshall Stadium yesterday in a 7on7 tournament and made it to the championship game and lost by 5 points I was told to a very good George Washington team from Charleston WV. A triple A school I understand. So I think teams are going to have beat us in the air and on the ground this year. Passing game looking much better this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Siders!!!!!!!!!!!

Passing game will be fine if we mix it up. You can't expect to complete many passes when its 3rd and forever when you pass. Waverly game was the most balanced game of the year, and we done whatever we wanted. Keepem guessing and this team can be very dangerous. If not they'll just load the box with 9 or 10 again, to stop Pendelton(sometimes it takes that many to stop him :lol: ). Secondary will be much better with almost everybody back. Alot expected out of these kids. Take it one game at a time. and we'll be fine. Go Siders!

Yeah we're going to have to mix it up. But with a stronger and more experienced OL this year things are going to be different IMO. All Trevon needs is to get to the secondary! I really think that will be the difference. Sorry I know this is a post about 7on7's but Pendelton is such a Beast. The passing game is looking so much better and Levi is looking very good to and that will open up the run.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

7 on 7's for most teams don't mean alot, but as strong as our Oline and backs are, it really speaks to how athletic a group we have this year when they can compete against really big schools doing something we don't do much of, which is pass. Other teams pass alot, can't run the ball, or protect the QB, so they look good during the summer and then struggle during the season. West doesn't have those problems. Last year I guess West struggled alot in the 7 on 7's and it really showed in the pass defense, especially the portsmouth game. Year before West really looked good in them and it translated to a great season. I think West is looking at a great year this year.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Who does West scrimmage this year?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

I believe River Valley is at the Point Pleasant 7 on 7 today.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Ports. West won the 7 on 7 today at point pleasant.

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

WOW!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

How did South Gallia look???

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Point held a great 7 on 7 day plus some strength games. They did a great job keeping things moving and the Truck Push contest was a great event and all the kids from every team got to watch it. West Won the Weight Lifting along with the Truck Pushing contest. There was no-one close in the weight lifting contest to West, one of West kids benched 185lbs 36 times.

South Gallia won the overall strength games and they had some great kids working hard together to win.

West won the 7 on 7 passing games with teams from all over the area at Point.

Point will have a great complex once it has been completed.

Once again everyone should thank the Coaching staff and volunteers at Point for holding a great 7 on 7 day for the kids in the area.

Thanks
Point!!!

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

I didn't get to help out as originally planned but I heard from several people yesterday that things went great, which is great news considering this was our first try at this.

It sounds like there were a wide variety of schools there and that always makes things better as well.

Thanks to all who came.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Point Pleasant put on a Great 7on7 and Strength Competition on Sat. It was very entertaining to watch all the kids compete in all the events. I hope we can see more of these in the future, just because all the kids get to enter act with each other and take part in the competition.

Good Job Point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent Event!!!!!!!!!

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

sider_zone wrote:Point Pleasant put on a Great 7on7 and Strength Competition on Sat. It was very entertaining to watch all the kids compete in all the events. I hope we can see more of these in the future, just because all the kids get to enter act with each other and take part in the competition.

Good Job Point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent Event!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't too bad but I thought it was too fast paced. Coaching the kids was impossible. But I guess if you are point and you been practicing everyday for the past month then it was pretty good.

Return to “Football”