Division 5 Region 19 in 2010

hammer89
Freshman Team

Division 5 Region 19 in 2010

Post by hammer89 »

What is everybody's early predictions to make the playoffs.

Here is mine in no particular order.

Monroe Central
Oak Hill
Ridgewood
Fredericktown
Wheelersburg
Liberty Union
Nelsonville York
Minford

I would think Oak Hill and MC would be the favorites with all they return. Don't count out the defending champs Ridgewood either. They lost a lot, but have plenty of athletes coming back. It should be another fun year. The only thing that sucks is the winner of this Region will more than likely be matched up against Ursuline College again in the State Semi-Finals.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Division 5 Region 19 in 2010

Post by Orange and Brown »

With NY's schedule they will get a 1 or 2 seed if they go at least 8-2
Trimble
N. Catholic
Berne Union
Bishop Ready
St. Clairsville.

Athens and Alex should have good seasons so they have a chance to get a lot of points.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Monroe lost a lot as well.If workhorse Kinchen gets hurt they will struggle to make the playoffs.Let's throw Pvc teams Fort Frye,Caldwell,And Shenandoahh in this mix as well they all were 6-4 or better last season.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

Orange and Brown wrote:With NY's schedule they will get a 1 or 2 seed if they go at least 8-2
Trimble
N. Catholic
Berne Union
Bishop Ready
St. Clairsville.

Athens and Alex should have good seasons so they have a chance to get a lot of points.

n.y. will be lucky to win 7

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

My prediction is the top 8 teams that have the most computer points after week 10 will make the playoffs :)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well put, bleeding red.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Nelsonville to me is a 6 or 7 win team not sure that'll be enough. And that's if the stay healthy early against some tougher competition.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

A-Town Big Dog wrote:Nelsonville to me is a 6 or 7 win team not sure that'll be enough. And that's if the stay healthy early against some tougher competition.

So does that make Athens a 4-5 win team?

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

O&B don't take it as an attack on Nelsonville. I just don't think they can beat Newark Catholic, Bishop Ready, or St. Clairsville and should get a good game from Athens, Alex and possibly Trimble (if past history is an indicator). In my opinion they lose to the three listed above and I wouldn't be totally shocked if one of the other three pulled off a win either. It doesn't make N-Y a bad team to drop 3 or 4 games to quality teams and if they do why would that make Athens a 4 win team? You Buckeye fans have been a little spoiled in recent years and expect to win every week as you should but if you were slightly objective in your thinking you'd be able to see my point.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I didn't think I was making a bold prediction, it's not like I predicted a Browns/Lions Superbowl or something. The last time I checked this is a discussion board where opinions and predictions are being asked for and I try to give honest opinions on topics I generally follow including this one. I could be wrong about N-Y this season, they could surprise me and I hope they do but, with powers like Newark Catholic and Ready and a long roady to St.Clairsville I think it'll be tough.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

A-Town Big Dog wrote:I didn't think I was making a bold prediction, it's not like I predicted a Browns/Lions Superbowl or something. The last time I checked this is a discussion board where opinions and predictions are being asked for and I try to give honest opinions on topics I generally follow including this one. I could be wrong about N-Y this season, they could surprise me and I hope they do but, with powers like Newark Catholic and Ready and a long roady to St.Clairsville I think it'll be tough.

I entered something similar to this on the TVC-OHIO thread. I think if N-Y can come out of those first 5 games healthy they'll be Ok for the league but if they have some injuries then look out for the rest of the league. Trimble, Ready, St. Clairsville and Nerk Catholic have all made the playoffs too many times to mention and Berne Union (even when they finish 4-6, 3-7) plays N-Y tough in the years they play each other so the pre-league games will tell a lot about how they finish.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

One game at a time Bucks fans... let the boys do the work!

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

In Scioto County Valley, Wheelersburg and Minford could all be in the D-5 playoff hunt. West also in the SOC II should be in the hunt in Region 15. Add in Oak hill on Burg and Minford's schedule and you have a real hard time
projecting. One thing is for sure there are likely plenty of points to make the playoffs.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

hammer89 wrote:What is everybody's early predictions to make the playoffs.

Here is mine in no particular order.

Monroe Central
Oak Hill
Ridgewood
Fredericktown
Wheelersburg
Liberty Union
Nelsonville York
Minford

I would think Oak Hill and MC would be the favorites with all they return. Don't count out the defending champs Ridgewood either. They lost a lot, but have plenty of athletes coming back. It should be another fun year. The only thing that sucks is the winner of this Region will more than likely be matched up against Ursuline College again in the State Semi-Finals.
Not trying to sandbag as a MC fan, but I don't think they'll be the favorites. I think they will contend for a playoff spot. But they lost maybe the best QB in the history of their program... including the old Woodsfield years. He will not be easy to replace. Also there isn't a lot of depth and Kinchen usually limps off the field every other play. While he is talented, questions about his durability are warranted especially now that he is the QB

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

How did everyone do week 1? Who won? Who lost? Any surprises?

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

I believe Caldwell, Monroe Central, Ridgewood, Shenandoah, Fort Frye, and Nelsonville-York all won.

That's all the ones I know of.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Is crooksville in this region? I'm pretty sure I read in the paper that they beat Liberty Union in a scrimmage. They won't make the playoffs though, the will struggle to win 5 games in the MVL, six at the most.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Liberty Union will not make the playoffs. They lost a bunch of great players. Their chance was last year.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Darkhorse:

Valley

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

I believe Coal Grove will make it again.

Return to “Football”