Best QB in the Area?

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Best QB in the Area?

Post by D_Journey9 »

there is a lot of good QB's this year...but who does everybody think is on top.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Re: Best QB in the Area?

Post by trojanofthepast »

Josh Myers from Portsmouth. He is the returning SEOAL South POY. He rushed for 1000 and passed for 1000 yards last year in the toughest conference in our area. Jess Sloan from Oak Hill is really good also, but I will take Myers as far as the best weapon at the QB position.

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

Myers

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Alex Shears - Burg, remember the name!

West Sider
Varsity

Post by West Sider »

Levi Ratliff Portsmouth West

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

wow...everybody is forgetting about Blake Yates from Valley...he has payed his dues by sitting behind Utely all through high school...now its time for everybody to see what he can do under center....from what i heard he looks pretty good

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

Will McCollister---------Rock Hill

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

No doubt,Will is the best!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

nice link gahs4ever! Cant wait to watch him in action this season!

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Nothing against Ratliff and Shear good QB's but shouldn't be on this list. Neither has proven anything on the field at that position to win games at the QB spot. Ratliff hands off 98% off the time to Pendleton and Shears has never started a game yet. Unlike, Myers and Sloan every team game plans against these two QB's. Every coach in the area will tell you for them to beat Portsmouth and Oak Hill they have to stop Myers and Sloan to win. Anyone that says with one game to win they would take any body other then these two in THIS AREA are fooling themselves.

TOP 4 IN THE AREA;

1. JOSH MYERS
2. JESS SLOAN
3. WILL McCOLLISTER
4. BLAKE YATES

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

30 TDs and only 1 INT. That is just crazy good. Hope to see Mr. Slone lead the Oaks to another great season.

bucks fan
Riding the Bench

Post by bucks fan »

Rock Hill vs Oak Hill should be a great qb matchup

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Sloan from Oak Hill or Meyers from Portsmouth. It is hard to argue numbers people!

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

trojanofthepast wrote:Nothing against Ratliff and Shear good QB's but shouldn't be on this list. Neither has proven anything on the field at that position to win games at the QB spot. Ratliff hands off 98% off the time to Pendleton and Shears has never started a game yet. Unlike, Myers and Sloan every team game plans against these two QB's.
what about Yates? you have him 4th on your list but doesn't he fit into this same category?

also, how did Myers do against wheelersburg last year? i think he threw 1 TD pass and that was mostly on a nice RAC by the reciever...... AND it was against WB's seconds.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Not sure who it is but has to be kid from NY, cause for the posts on this site they will be state
champs for the next 100 years..........................

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

KVDW wrote:
trojanofthepast wrote:Nothing against Ratliff and Shear good QB's but shouldn't be on this list. Neither has proven anything on the field at that position to win games at the QB spot. Ratliff hands off 98% off the time to Pendleton and Shears has never started a game yet. Unlike, Myers and Sloan every team game plans against these two QB's.
what about Yates? you have him 4th on your list but doesn't he fit into this same category?

also, how did Myers do against wheelersburg last year? i think he threw 1 TD pass and that was mostly on a nice RAC by the receiver...... AND it was against WB's seconds.
First Yates will prove my prediction on the field. Second Myers threw 2 TD's last year both to Simpson. The first was against the first group in the first quarter. Are you saying Myers doesn't belong in one of the first 2 spots as does Sloan. Myers took a team that only one once the year before to win 7 last year. Bleeding Red in correct the numbers don't lie;

Myers - Over 2000 total yards and 25 TD's - 1000 passing yrds ( 14 TD's,), 1000 rushing yards (11 TD's)
Sloan - 2400 passing yrds (30 TD's)

Show me two better QB's with stats to match and I will discuss.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Was Myers ever held back a grade?...I know this has been known to have happened a time or two at this school in the past and others in the neighborhood.... :122245

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

trojanofthepast wrote:
First Yates will prove my prediction on the field.

kinda beside the point isn't it? he still fits in the same category as Ratliff and Shears doesn't he? AND Ratliff and Shear may also prove their followers predictions so why do you say THEY shouldn't be on the list but yet you put Yates on your list when the same reasoning applies to him?
Are you saying Myers doesn't belong in one of the first 2 spots as does Sloan.

Did I say that anywhere? I was just pointing out that against a good defense Myers didn't shine too well. Myers is a good quarterback. Sloan is a VERY GOOD quarterback. your bias is showing.... (which is OK :mrgreen: )

Myers took a team that only one once the year before to win 7 last year.

was Myers the ONLY difference in the team that one (sic) once the year before and the team that won 7 last year??? i'll bet there were at least a couple of other changes ? Maybe they made a little difference too, huh ?

1. Sloan
2. Myers

:mrgreen:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

btw... you're right when you said bleeding red was correct in that the numbers don't lie so how do you take these stats and put Myers 1st and Sloan 2nd ?

Myers - Over 2000 total yards and 25 TD's - 1000 passing yrds ( 14 TD's,), 1000 rushing yards (11 TD's)
Sloan - 2400 passing yrds (30 TD's)

Sloan had 2 1/2 times the passing yards as Myers and twice the passing TDs.
(i guess Sloan didn't gain a single yard rushing). :roll: :roll: :roll:

ps....are the same boys back for Portsmouth and Oak Hill that caught those 14 TDs for Myers and 30 TDs for Sloan? that could make a HUGE difference.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Very good observation KVDW on trojanofthepast's reasoning for his 4 spots. They don't seem to be accurate
to me either.

Return to “Football”