jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Greatest Multi-Sport Athlete to come out of the S.E.O.A.L

Post by jacksonoaks »

Who is the greatest from each school.
Jackson- I would say Jared Humphreys would have to be on the list somewhere

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Re: Greatest Multi-Sport Athlete to come out of the S.E.O.A.

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Humphreys is a good pick. I would say Josh Beebe from Warren would have to be included.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

John Cosgrove - Logan
Pat Angel - Logan
Cameron Amigo - Marietta
Tyler Kelly - Marietta

Off the top of my head, I will add more later, dinner is ready.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Outside of Cosgrove the rest of the guys mentioned are from the last 10 years, and I would add Donnie Johnson to that list.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

schenk11 wrote:John Cosgrove - Logan
Pat Angel - Logan
Cameron Amigo - Marietta
Tyler Kelly - Marietta

Off the top of my head, I will add more later, dinner is ready.
Cosgrove could do so many things.

In track his senior year he could have taken 1st in 10 events if the relays would have won. But your are only allowed 4 events

John Gasser and George Hummel would have to fall in there too from Logan.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

I have been in the league continuously for the last 23 years and I would say in that time, Cosgrove was the best all-around athlete I have seen.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

He played well before my time (in the 1950s), but I would think that Bob Exline of Jackson would have to be on this list. I'm not quite sure of his HS resume, but I believe he was a three-sport athlete (football, basketball, and baseball). He went to Ohio State as a QB, and actually got some playing time, I believe. He gave up football for a chance at professional baseball, and played in the minor league for a while, but never made it to the show.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Also can't ignore Joe Conrad from Logan -

Was an 11 time letter winner. And started all 11 of those seasons for his respective teams.

In Football: Was a 3-year starter at quarterback, won 3 SEOAL titles, made 2 playoff appearances (including a run to the Regional title game in 2000), and finished with a 29-5 overall record.

In Basketball: Was a 4-year starter winning 2 SEOAL Championships and reaching at least the district final all 4 years. Was a part of the ONLY LHS Basketball team to win a District Championship in 1999-2000.

In Baseball: Was a 4-year starter winning 3 SEOAL Championships. Like the basketball team, was a part of the ONLY team in LHS history to reach the Regional Final in 2001.

I could throw other athletes as well, especially Keith Myers, Scott Gasser, Chuck Kemper, John Gasser, George Hummel, and Robbie Johnson going back 45 years.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson has another for sure in the mix...Allen Collins 1983

Pretty sure he was an all-league football player.....he's 3rd on our all-time scoring list in basketball and oh.....he pitched all the way to Triple AAA for the Indians and Expos and double AA in the Yanks.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Donnie Johnson, Jamie Haggerty and Tommy Spencer from Gallipolis.
Last edited by jottings on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Bob Exline from Jackson. Led Ironmen to three straight grid titles in early 1950s under Coach Gene Slaughter. Also a good basketball player. JHS did not field baseball teams while Slaughter was coach. JHS had spring football drills. Don't it that is permitted today.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jottings wrote:Bob Exline from Jackson. Led Ironmen to three straight grid titles in early 1950s under Coach Gene Slaughter. Also a good basketball player. JHS did not field baseball teams while Slaughter was coach. JHS had spring football drills. Don't it that is permitted today.
Very interesting, Jottings. I'll have to ask my grandpa about that since he played with Exline. I'm pretty sure my grandpa played both football and baseball, but it might have been before or after Slaughter arrived/left. Going to play minor league baseball after not playing in high school would make it even more impressive, in my opinion.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

We weren’t in the SEOAL then, but in my opinion Jeremy Hamrick is one of Trojans best all around athletes.
Football HB 1000 yard rusher his senior season, on the division 3 AP state champ team, sharing carries with Jo Jo Parker
Track placed 2nd in the state in both the 100, and 200 meter dash.
Basketball 19-5 district champions in 01

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Years I've been watching with all sports at Logan combined gotta be Scott Gasser,he was the guy in all three sports he played could truely do anything he wanted from what I heard, I'd make it a tie with Joe Conrad and Jeff Morgan for second,, Morgan might have been one of Logans all time great QB's had he not tore up his knees in junior high,went out his senior year and still managed to break some records,started Logans basketball and baseball teams as a freshman and was the best golfer when he played at Logan soph and junior years,fastest players I've seen would be Cosgrove hands down and Austin Rohr close second.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

John Gasser

redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Post by redrocket »

From Logan john Gasser would be hard to beat but one who has been forgotten is Greg Poston. He was a great all around athlete.

frosty
Waterboy

Post by frosty »

Jeff golden jayme Haggerty Donnie Johnson David rumley Tommy spencer Cody lane a handful more from gallia

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Jottings: Gene was my grandmother's cousin.

Can't remember what year Ironton left the league, but, I'm gonna be a little prejudice and say my brother, Rick Ferguson. He graduated in '83 and was All State in football, wrestling and baseball.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

[quote="frosty"]Jeff golden jayme Haggerty Donnie Johnson David rumley Tommy spencer Cody lane a handful more from gallia[/quote--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------thats the longest name i ever seen.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I've got the winner of this thread. You gotta go a little outside of the box.

Katie Smith anyone? Is there anyone remotely close to her all-around accomplishments?

Return to “Football”