WHAT IF: A NEW SOUTHERN OHIO/KENTUCKY CONFERENCE

BigCarlito72
JV Team

WHAT IF: A NEW SOUTHERN OHIO/KENTUCKY CONFERENCE

Post by BigCarlito72 »

The conference could look something like this: Ironton, Portsmouth, Logan, Wheelersburg, Portsmouth West, Ashland, Russell, Johnson Central, and I will leave it to you to throw in two more teams and add some interest to this conference or your own imagination. Feel free to change it up a bit but keep it realistic and make this a ten team power conference. Enjoy! 8)

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Re: WHAT IF: A NEW SOUTHERN OHIO/KENTUCKY CONFERENCE

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Also would be nice if it were 5 from Ohio and 5 from Kentucky but I was stumped on who to pull out from the bluegrass state. I want it to be competitive so lets stay away from Greenup or Boyd..LOL....think we seen how they would have faired before...( OKAC) and unfortunately for them aside from a couple good years for Boyd County it was not pretty. Actually I did consider Boyd for awhile but I would rather see what everyone comes up with. Enjoy :-D

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

Ohio: Ironton, Portsmouth, Burg, West, Logan, Jackson, Oak Hill

Kentucky: Ashland, Russell, Belfry (always a contender, always brings a crowd), Johnson Central.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

VERY NICE!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I was thinking the same thing about Logan...they are just too far away. Jackson would be a stretch too. Oak Hill probably wouldnt have much success most years either.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Logan, OH to Belfry,KY 179.3 miles 3hrs. 51 min.

Oak Hill fares real well in this set-up. :roll:

Ironton is an independent. They were a member of a great league, and now they aren't. Good luck getting that OKAC restarted. :122245

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Well, I do not like the oak hill addition but other than that I am not so sure Logan beats up everyone in this conference year in and out. Jackson...ehhh up n down but I think that Ironton, Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, Portsmouth West, Logan, Ashland, Russell, Johnson Central, and Belfry sounds like a pretty solid conference...Logan is not beating up anyone in this conference on a annual basis. Also FIDO noone is telling Ironton to " take a hike" because Ironton is $$$$$$$$$ @ the gate home or away year in and year out. Why do you think Wheelersburg schedules Ironton now? More times than NOT they start their season with an L because of it so I suppose you are drinking the "Wheelersburg wants to PLAY UP" kool aid and it has NOTHING to do with $? Gimme a break, Logan would make the trips because our fans make the trips and Ironton vs Logan or Wheelersburg vs Ashland or Johnson Central vs Ironton or Logan vs Johnson Central etc etc would bring the GATE and the points!

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

I do not mind being independent this is just a hypothetical killa...hence the "WHAT IF!" :122245

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Also HOW was the seoal a "Great leauge" outside of Ironton, Portsmouth and Logan? That was it! Logan was the big dogs, followed by us and everyone else just kinda fell in line most years. Lots of the programs did NOT travel well, they costed Ironton as well as other squads $ and quite frankly outside of Logan, Portsmouth and jackson sometimes were not all that competitive. Tell me Logan would be interested in their conference if say Portsmouth left right now? Or Jackson?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Ironton fans have not traveled as well as they use to. The past few years the longer road trips many have not gone. Which is one reason for them leaving the SEOAL. Especially for the other sports that play during the school week.
Logan has no reason to come down to the river. As what has been discussed they need to play bigger and better schools. So going up North makes better since for them.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

BigCarlito72 wrote:Also HOW was the seoal a "Great leauge" outside of Ironton, Portsmouth and Logan? That was it! Logan was the big dogs, followed by us and everyone else just kinda fell in line most years. Lots of the programs did NOT travel well, they costed Ironton as well as other squads $ and quite frankly outside of Logan, Portsmouth and jackson sometimes were not all that competitive. Tell me Logan would be interested in their conference if say Portsmouth left right now? Or Jackson?

First, If my memory serves me correctly Chillicothe and Gallipolis both beat Ironton their first year back in the league. Both schools currently are rebuilding, and going through a coaching transition.

Second, Ironton was probably the worst traveling team in the league.

Third, Logan has been a member of the SEOAL for over 80 years along with Gallipolis, Jackson, and recently departed Athens. If Logan does decide to leave the SEOAL I can assure you it won't be because Portsmouth or Ironton left. 80 years in the SEOAL shows their loyalty. I know that is a word the tiggers have no concept of.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

FIDO wrote:I really feel sorry for some of my very good friends in Ironton. They must be really thrilled to read your stuff.

Again, what incentive does LOGAN have in traveling hundreds of miles to play teams they have dominated and would continue to dominate year in and year out!

What incentive do they have in "PLAYING DOWN"?

You have been harrassing the Burg for PLAYING DOWN but yet you want LOGAN to play DOWN!

I don't exactly see IRONTON playing UP either, at least not QUALITY teams. How many DIII, DII and DI teams does IRONTON have on their schedule this year? What were those teams record the past couple of years?

You can WHAT IF all you want but the Siders and the Pirates have ZERO incentive to leave the SOC II. They get plenty of gate money from schools 10 miles away vs 150!

GOOD LUCK! I've always been a huge IRONTON fan but the IGNORANCE of some of their very own fans has always been an embarrassment to their community.

Good post!!!! Why the he11 would d2 Logan join a league with a bunch of d5 river schools. Then travel to Kentucky when they are located 45 mins. from Columbus.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Logan join a crappy league with second rate river teams?? You got to be kidding me!! Thats freakin funny!

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Well First off this is an opinion based thread on WHAT IF, once again WHAT IF, so i gave what I would like to see. You can bash my post but i think it would be fun to see them teams plays.

Daniel Larusso wrote:
FIDO wrote:I really feel sorry for some of my very good friends in Ironton. They must be really thrilled to read your stuff.

Again, what incentive does LOGAN have in traveling hundreds of miles to play teams they have dominated and would continue to dominate year in and year out!

What incentive do they have in "PLAYING DOWN"?

You have been harrassing the Burg for PLAYING DOWN but yet you want LOGAN to play DOWN!

I don't exactly see IRONTON playing UP either, at least not QUALITY teams. How many DIII, DII and DI teams does IRONTON have on their schedule this year? What were those teams record the past couple of years?

You can WHAT IF all you want but the Siders and the Pirates have ZERO incentive to leave the SOC II. They get plenty of gate money from schools 10 miles away vs 150!

GOOD LUCK! I've always been a huge IRONTON fan but the IGNORANCE of some of their very own fans has always been an embarrassment to their community.

Good post!!!! Why the he11 would d2 Logan join a league with a bunch of d5 river schools. Then travel to Kentucky when they are located 45 mins. from Columbus.
And Talking about why would Logan Want to play down? HAHAHAHAHAHA THEY ALREADY DO! Come on now...

Back to the THREAD TOPIC....My first post would be what i stick with...I mean it would be cool to see each of those teams play..All legit contenders and all come to win..Sure Logan would have to travel so lets mark them out....but i would still like to see the Ironton Logan Series start back up soon..

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

and FIDO, I doubt you were referring to me as my post being ignorant, i feel as if you were talking to someone else.

I posted a what I would like to see... i mean let's get serious, a league like this with or without Logan anyways would never happen...so we mize well throw them in the mix of it just bc it UPS the competition...

So if you think all my post are ignorant...Just let me know buddy : )

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

I agree I don’t see anything like this happening anytime soon, but if I were to make a quality Ohio Kentucky conference this would be it.

OHIO
Portsmouth 204 D4
Ironton 182 D4
West 180 D4 / Wheelersburg 150 D5 /or Waverly 253 D3
Gallia Academy 268 D3 / or Jackson 301 D3
KENTUCKY
Ashland 373 would be D2
Russell 241 would be D4
Mason County 321 would be D3
Lawrence County 315 would be D3

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Nice Selection Trojan.......If it were to ever happen that would probably be the best situation.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Ok well Invite us to the SOCII or would that be bad bc we are playing down?
and the only reason were not in a league anymore is bc of expenses.
Heard from someone Irontons budget went so far down the kids almost had to pay to play..

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

High school football does not revolve around Ironton as some Ironton people think. The SOCII is a good fit for the schools with short distances to travel. They do not need Ironton to have a good conference. Ironton can still play these schools and not be in a conference.

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Umm excuse me Dildo..or Fido...same thing in this particular situation :lol: but I ridiculed Wheelersburg for playing Rock Hill, Fairland and Oak Hill so why are you whining like a lil girl? Also wondered why Wheelersburg never played Ashland, ( which went unanswered) and laughed @ the notion that DA BURG :lol: :lol: plays up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Also like I said you douches throw bullets @ Ironton every chance you get and act as if there is to be no retribution on here because we are Ironton right? :lol: :lol: darn, next time I will leave these Wheelersburg boys, (more like lil girls) alone because they can dish it but they sure cant take it! 8)
1.Use common sense and be considerate and respectful toward all users.

2. Southeasternohiopreps.com is not responsible for any material or content posted by our users. Our staff will remove any inappropriate material from the public view as quickly as possible. Questionable content posted will be moved to a private area, only accessible by SEOP staff.

3.You agree not to post off-topic. This rule will mainly be enforced on Sport topics only, such as Football, Baseball, Basketball, etc…

4.You may not post content or links to content that is offensive, obscene, racist, abusive, or anything else that violates any applicable local, state, national or international law. Violating this rule will result in an immediate ban of user account.

5. Please be respectful of the site, fellow posters, and the staff of this site. If you have complaints, then please contact an Administrator or Moderator and inform them of the problem. Using the open forum for such complaints is not acceptable.

6. Threats or vulgar language sent to staff or other members in private messages will not be allowed period. This will result in a suspension or possibly being banned from SEOP.

7. Any attempt to reveal or hint at a person's identity in an open forum is grounds for immediate removal from this site. All users on this board have the right to remain anonymous if they do so choose.

8. Bashing kids and coaches on SEOP will not be tolerated.

Failure to consent to these rules will result in an immediate suspension, or permanent ban from SEOP.

SEOP reserves the right to expand or revise these rules at any time.

Ever read this bud? Didn't think so... :roll:

Return to “Football”