Athens Jamboree

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Athens Jamboree

Post by bullfrog93 »

I had to work last night so I missed the Jamboree between Athens and "those of whom we do not speak". How bad did we beat them?

dilligaf
S

Re: Athens Jamboree

Post by dilligaf »

Trimble 14 Athens 7

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

You lost to a D-6 school! Heard Athens turned the ball over 5 or 6 times. OUCH

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Athens had three turn overs while Trimble had two i believe.Both teams had some nice plays and some mistakes i was really impressed with athen qb he can put that ball right on the money goodluck to athens this year.

GO CATS!!!!!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I believe Athens had 5 turnovers.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

I was thinking Athens had 3 fumbles and Trimble 1. Trimble also had 3 snaps over the QB's head. ONe of them was on 2nd and 1 and ended up being 3rd and 14 instead. BOth have to clean up their play by week 1.
GO Cats.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Orange and Brown wrote:You lost to a D-6 school! Heard Athens turned the ball over 5 or 6 times. OUCH
How did the Buckeyes fare against Trimble last time you played them? hmmmm.....think about that one please!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

^I think the bucks won....

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

DILLIGAF and gecko right on the money with their observations. Both teams have a lot to clean up, but I think both are going to have pretty good seasons I think. Lots of kids played on both sides. Nobody wore out their stars. It was a great dress rehersal. Good luck to both teams.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Pol Pot wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:You lost to a D-6 school! Heard Athens turned the ball over 5 or 6 times. OUCH
How did the Buckeyes fare against Trimble last time you played them? hmmmm.....think about that one please!
We won7-6 there smart guy!
The year before we blew then out and Athens couldn'rt beat us if we gave them points!

Think about that one! :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

an Nelson/Yorks coach didn't and will not this year

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

whompascat wrote:athens should have beat n.y. the last 2 years but thier coach chocked! any way you look at it athens sh**s it's pants v/s n.y.
Yes, very true. :mrgreen:

tomcatsroll
Freshman Team

Post by tomcatsroll »

Looks like Athens will be looking to play someone else next year for the Jamboree. They won't play trimble again since they are division 6 and trimble beat them. They will find someone next year that they can beat.

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

What I took from the scrimmage was both teams looked down. And Athens was still calling the same old dumb plays over and over. The coaches at Athens are so hard headed its ridiculous. Time to change some things up. Maybe that way you'll actually beat nelsonville one of these years.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

I think Coach Adams has done a good job of returning Athens to respectability. It's a little early to expect dominance. I hope Athens doesn't make the mistake of running off a good coach.

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

respectability? Its funny because Im friends with many of the players who have played under him for the past 3 years and the majority of the players have zero respect for that man. That includes a team that just went 9-1 under him and I think more players form that team dislike him then from the other 2 years. You never played under him so you cant say he was good coach and after one good year in a very down year of the TVC Ohio compared to previous years you say he's brought it back to respectability. Ill have to respectfully disagree

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I don't know what bulldog0909 has against coach Adams, but I talk to a lot of current players who have a lot of respect for him. when he first took over there were a few kids who thought they were above being coached. There were some kids with really really bad attitudes. Once he got those kids weeded out he has done a good job of getting Athens on track to become a winning program. I have a nephew who just graduated and one in the program, so you can't tell me that the kids don't respect him. sounds like somone didn't get enough playing time!

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

I got plenty. And that's a couple people I didn't say everyone did I? And plus your a parent ,its different when you get everyone on the team talking about it amongst each other, i dont have to explain it to you. You didn't play for him so you can't understand. Its different, a kid isn't going to bad mouth him to a another parent. But when you get them talking within in the team and with graduates under Adams they have a different opinion. The only respectable people on that coaching staff is Coach McCollum who should have been calling the plays for the past years, Coach Goodwin,Coach Rogers and Coach Lucas.

P.huck
Waterboy

Post by P.huck »

^^^sounds like sour grapes

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

You are right bulldog0909 I never played for him, but I did coach with the man for a year,and I know first hand the messages that he delivers to his players. Sometimes when young men are receiving valuable life lessons they don't realize it. Perhaps in time your opinion will change.

Return to “Football”