Warren Jamboree

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Warren Jamboree

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Watched the Jamboree Scrimmage last evening. And before anyone says Warren Lost. It was a scrimmage and not a game. Saw some good things, saw some things that were just plain bad. Sure the staff saw these things as well. A scrimmage does not a season make. Many people getting a look in game situations, this is the only way to see who will step up and who is not ready yet. Lots of young players mixed in with experienced. For me personally (and this means nothing in the grand scheme of things, I know), I was not disappointed with the effort and the team. Good Luck, Go Warriors.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Warren Jamboree

Post by EasternDspy »

Score?

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Warren's varsity ended the night down 14-28, they only played 2 quarters before ceding to the junior varsity.
Auburntgrfan is completely correct...it's a SCRIMMAGE....the Indianapolis Colts haven't won more than 25% of their preseason games since 2004...hasn't stopped them from winning at least 75% of their regular season games every year since 2004.

I was impressed by the wideouts and some physical play from Big Blue, pleasantly surprised by the quarterback play. Appears that the lines need some time to gel...the skill players have had that time during their 7-on-7 season. If Warren continues to improve throughout the year, if players stay focused I see no reason why a winning season isn't possible. Consecutive winning seasons at Warren? Who knew!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Who did Warren play?

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Warren played Maysville.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Maysville isn't very good.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

How good was Maysville?

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Post by warrenwarrior55 »

To let everyone know Maysville is a very good team. 1-9, 2 seasons ago, but 6-4 last year and 3 of those losses were playoff teams. Maysville was very physical and ran the ball very hard. Maysville was also listed in the JJ huddle High school football preview as a team to watch. The final score does not indicate that the Warriors were up 13-6 at the end of the 1st. The 2nd was played with a few of Warren’s best sitting out. Also the o-line did a very good job in the game. Warrenwarriorfootball.com has game highlights for both of Warrens tune up games.

This was the last chance for teams to check out what they want to do b4 it "counts". Now if you understand football you understand that this is just a tune-up. If you are a person that puts all your "eggs" in a scrimmage basket, let’s look at the SEOAL as a whole:
Marietta 7-6 loss
Gallipolis 28-0 win
Portsmouth 21-14 loss
Jackson 23-12 loss
Logan 28-7 loss (14-7 varsity still loss) rumor game ended early by Logan, not sure about that.?
Warren 26-13 loss
If you think scrimmages determine the season outlook, I guess Gallipolis will run away with the season crown. The scores and all info about scrimmages I took from the threads, if any information is wrong I am sorry I took the info straight from there.
I think all the teams will regroup and Friday night play all there best kids in the best spots and not hold anything back. Scrimmages are fun and a way to get a taste of what’s to come. Just a taste! Good luck to all the teams this season. Go Blue!

Also there is lots of new content on Warrenwarriorfootball.com. Check it out!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

warrenwarrior55 wrote: Logan 28-7 loss (14-7 varsity still loss) rumor game ended early by Logan, not sure about that.?
Coach Wolfe told the Logan Daily News that Sheridan called the scrimmage off early. Sheridan dressed only around 30 kids, so that would make sense.

And for the record, I'm not a guy who puts any eggs in a scrimmage basket. I know most teams, especially Logan, use them to figure out depth/finalize positions, etc.

Good Luck to the Warriors against Belpre!

Bigbluewarriorfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigbluewarriorfan »

Yes it was just a scrimmage but it does let people know what your team has to offer for the season. For the Warriors it didn't look good as a fan from a team that went 7-3 last year. First thing was defense didnt look good at all they where able to break tackles and put up a bunch of points fast. The running gamee for Warren was okay not impressed with the fumbles and there was a few bad pitches where the running back had to dive on (that should be fixed before the season starts) For the good things if the line could give the QB 5 seconds to throw the ball we got a lot of good receivers and good QB'S. At the game saw a lot of both Qb's playing varsity so who will be the started by the end of the season? Also i though could Warren try and put in the WILD CAT? with both Leffingwell And Hillverding in the backfield at the same time?

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

it was a scrimmage people and from this you find out more about who's doing what and that is why the boys were back at the school Sat. morning watching film and then they went out and practiced. I don't go off this one scrimmage and I don't believe this is what we are going to see all year. i do know one thing Austin Henthorns image is probably still going through the head of the Maysville kid he laid out, the last thing I saw of that young man was he was throwing up in a trash can on the sidelines.

JoeRoberts
Waterboy

Post by JoeRoberts »

There is nothing funny about that.

Symptoms of concussions
from the Mayo Clinic

Signs and symptoms of a concussion may include:

* Confusion
* Amnesia
* Headache
* Dizziness
* Ringing in the ears
* Nausea or vomiting
* Slurred speech
* Fatigue

And as the mounting scientific research evidence shows, not only concussions, but the repeated head trauma incurred in contact sports, is leading to increased risk of brain damage, mood disorders, and Alzheimers, and dementia.

http://www.nytimes.com/info/concussions-in-football/

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

SCRIMMAGE. NUFF SAID>>>>>>>>>>

ttfn
Waterboy

Post by ttfn »

The guys do need to work on their blocking! And I have every confidence the coaches saw that and that they will. Go Blue!!!

WARRIOR BS
Waterboy

Post by WARRIOR BS »

Is the boy alright that got hit pretty hard on the punt return. I hope he is doing fine.

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

Paladin wrote:Maysville isn't very good.

It's a scrimmage there bud.
Unless you were there you really couldn't tell how good
they were that night.

go blue.

Return to “Football”