Week 1 - Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

ironman02
SEOP

Week 1 - Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by ironman02 »

I may be mistaken, but I don't see an actual game thread for this one. Definitely one of the premier matchups in all of SE Ohio during the opening week. Should be a good one. Have at it, guys.

pbuck
All State

Re: Week 1 - Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by pbuck »

Should be a good one I've got Ironton

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I thought there was a thread on this already?
Must've been mistaken. Anyways I think Ironton will win, but I want Burg to pull out the Victory!

Be in my usual spot cheering on the Pirates!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

just can't wait to watch some live football, this is always a great season opener.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Neutron Man wrote:I thought there was a thread on this already?
All I could find were the individual Ironton and Burg topics, so I went ahead and started this one up.

I'm seriously considering coming down to Wheelersburg for this game since Jackson plays on Saturday night. There isn't a better opener in SE Ohio than Ironton/Burg, in my opinion.

PirateFan
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan »

I'm ready for some football!!!!! Good luck to both teams but I will be rooting for my PIRATES!!!!!
GO BURG!!!!!!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Ironton is to much for Burg.

fbnut_88
Waterboy

Post by fbnut_88 »

Its going to be a GREAT game. I think the burg is going to suprise a bunch of poeple with some of the talent that most havent seen

24-21 Burg

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Ironton is expected to win......hoping Burg wins.

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

Good luck to both teams. This one will be close

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Every season is hard to predict between these two teams of who will when with the graduation losses and the younger players returning, but I will have to give the nod to the Fighting Tigers of Ironton.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Burg can give them every thing they want but they must use their big defensive line like they put in at Jackson and not the little guys they started with[just like early in last years game]. Irontons line big and quick.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

4 DAYS!!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Hopefully we don't see a lot of 'cramps' this time. We'll see who was taking summer conditioning seriously.

GO PIRATES!!!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

4th n Goal wrote:Hopefully we don't see a lot of 'cramps' this time. We'll see who was taking summer conditioning seriously.

GO PIRATES!!!
Nah! The Days of "cramps" disappeared with Coach Lutz's return. Coach Triplett was the cause of the "cramps"

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

You may be right on that one NeutronMan...

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Neutron Man wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:Hopefully we don't see a lot of 'cramps' this time. We'll see who was taking summer conditioning seriously.

GO PIRATES!!!
Nah! The Days of "cramps" disappeared with Coach Lutz's return. Coach Triplett was the cause of the "cramps"
Does Coach Tripletts West teams suffer alot of cramps vs Wheelersburg? Seems to me that there are a lot of "blowhards" in Scioto County as well.
Back to the game:
It seems that ironton is still adjusting it's lineup a bit and it also appears that maybe all of the pieces aren't in place yet. Ironton will be a little "new" on the ends and in the secondary. Wheelersburg usually exploits Ironton's pass defense a bit, so i will give the edge in the passing game to Wheelersburg. I think the Fighting Tigers will try to control the ball and eat up clock. It may be a long night for the defenses. I think Burg will have quick strike capability and it may just come down to who holds onto the ball. I believe Ironton can move the ball and i think they will have some long drives. however, the long drives are only good if you score and you dont turn it over.

I originally said this would be a 19-17 game. I am still going with the spread but not the same score. Burg will play well at home and they are going to be hopping mad after getting manhandled last season. Ironton's lack of a kicking game may come back to bite them, but I like Coach Lutz in this series. He has certainly had the better of Wheelersburg down through the years. My linescore looks like this:

Ironton 8 12 6 6 32
Burg 7 7 9 7 30

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

85inside wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:

GO PIRATES!!!
Does Coach Tripletts West teams suffer alot of cramps vs Wheelersburg? Seems to me that there are a lot of "blowhards" in Scioto County as well.
Were you there? Did you see it? It was more than obvious! It was an intentional move all game long.
But that is in the past.

I must stop now. My Fingers are cramping. I must've taken Coach Triplett's typing class in school.

PATTYCAKES
Freshman Team

Post by PATTYCAKES »

Doesnt really matter thats long in the past. Get over it Neutron, Ironton will have there starters on the bench before the 3rd quarter is over.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Neutron I was there at the game you keep complaining about. Dumb comments..to "do"that ONCE in 25+ years of coaching and "on purpose"?..get over the loss, those kids weren't pretending. Hey I got some land to sell you too!
Anyway, I take Ironton in this one. Burg lost a couple super athletes last year that will be hard to replace. Burg still has some solid players but have to go with I-town this year.

Return to “Football”