Giant Cowbell in Minford!

junedawg14
Riding the Bench

Giant Cowbell in Minford!

Post by junedawg14 »

Friday night August 27th before the Minford / South Point game, friends & family of the Jodi Sue Kayser Memorial Scholarship Fund, will be proudly dedicating “BIG RED”! Big Red is Minford’s very own Victory Cowbell!

Big Red is made of steel, 6 feet tall, 3 ½ feet wide, and weighs nearly 400lbs.! Big Red is being donated by the family & friends of the late Jodi Sue Kayser, a 1990 graduate of Minford High School.

Proceeds for Big Red were raised during the 2010 JSK Memorial Golf Tournament that was held July 10 at Big Beaver Creek Golf Course.

The Family of Jodi Kayser would like to thank:
• Rebecca Johnson at Johnson’s Design Plus Shirts Etc. for donating the “Falcon M” Logo for the Bell and Monster Signs for making the logo.
• Shane Wiseman and Wiseman Brothers Inc. fabrication in Beaver, OH for donating the time and labor to make the bell.
• Flowers Monument for making the monument, located at the bottom of the bell, dedicating the bell to Jodi Sue Kayser.
• Steve Schultz, owner of Steve’s Concrete, for donating time, materials, and labor for the concrete work needed to mount the bell and display the monument.
• Tom “Cathead” Rase for donating time, labor, and materials needed for painting the bell and pole.
• And last but not least all of those people who contributed, time, effort, or donations to make this possible!

Little Red cowbells, as well as T-shirts in support of our new cowbell, will be available for purchase at Johnson’s Design Plus Shirts Etc.; all proceeds will be split with the Minford Football Mom’s Club!

All you Minford Fans come out to support this event and bring your cowbells!

marshallman
Varsity

Re: Giant Cowbell in Minford!

Post by marshallman »

Is this something that will ring after every score or just victories?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

They need to ring it after every score, then pound it after victories!

junedawg14
Riding the Bench

Post by junedawg14 »

Selected students will ring it after scores and the players will hopefully ring it after victories.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Nice! It is a great memorial too! Good move on their part.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I think it is only right for the great Christopher Walken to come down and ring it.

"I need more cowbell"

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

FalconFan wrote:I think it is only right for the great Christopher Walken to come down and ring it.

"I need more cowbell"

D@mn you beat me too it!
I seen this topic and thats all I thought of!
Don't Fear The Reaper!

junedawg14
Riding the Bench

Post by junedawg14 »

Shirts are being made that say "We Need More Cowbell!" on the back. They will be sold at Friday's game. The proceeds will be split with the Minford Football Mom's club.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Neutron Man wrote:
FalconFan wrote:I think it is only right for the great Christopher Walken to come down and ring it.

"I need more cowbell"

D@mn you beat me too it!
I seen this topic and thats all I thought of!
Don't Fear The Reaper!

Well played, sir. One of my favorite SNL bits.

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

The Big Red looks G-R-E-A-T!!!!!! Big Red will be dedicated before the game.....Lets Go Falcons!!

Return to “Football”