Paladin's Pigskin Picks - Wk. 1

Paladin
SEOP

Paladin's Pigskin Picks - Wk. 1

Post by Paladin »

All right sports fans, here we are in 2010 for another exciting year of SEOAL football............... not. Logan has been running roughshod over everyone ( boring), including the now departed tiggers who quit & threw in the towel and at this point , it doesn't look to change much. Logan looks to be a favorite for the title again this year. Heres our first week match-ups --

Warren & Belpre match in a backyard rivalry game. Warren should be improved this year but may not show it on the season record. Warriors should win the opener and get some momentum going. WARREN.

Gallia & Athens match-up in a contest between a current & former member of the SEOAL. Unfortunately for the Pups, they'll discover again why they ran from the league. Devils are better than last year's awful mess and look to be middle of the SEOAL pack. Devils will butt kick the Bulldogs. GALLIA.

Jackson & Wellston apparently will sell tickets for a game, but the slaughter will make most fans wonder why the Jackson program continues to duck playing anybody thats any good and why fans would continue to watch a mismatch . This one will be over by half time. In a laugher .... JACKSON

Marietta plays Morgan in a game of poor programs. Both don't look to win many games, if at all. But someone has to win this one , so one team avoids a possible goose egg with a win. In this case, give the edge to the Tigers. MARIETTA

Chilli hooks up with Hamilton Twp.,one of the worst programs in Central Ohio. Unfortunately, Chilli isn't a powerhouse either. In another ugly game where someone has to win, the expectation is the new coach for the Cavs may have just enough discipline to hold off the Rangers. CHILLI

Portsmouth takes on the Wilmington Hurricanes who has been devastated by huge job losses that has ruined the town. Trojans have a solid team this year and look to get off to a fast start. Wilmington should give a good fight but go down swinging. PORTSMOUTH

Logan and Lancaster hookup in a rivalry game. While all the SEOAL teams are picked to win openers, this game is an exception. Logan has good talent again this season and should win another SEOAL title. However, with limited experience and playing the toughest schedule again in the SEOAL with 3 straight D-I games ( two against playoff teams from last year & 2 projected to go again this year), it may take them a few games to get the kinks out and be fine tuned. But when they do... Katy bar the door. LANCASTER

Looking for an overall record of 6-1 for the SEOAL openers.

cgfblvr
Waterboy

Re: Paladin's Pigskin Picks - Wk. 1

Post by cgfblvr »

What about Ironton? Aren't they in the SEOAL?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

You know, I hope Logan can beat up on most of their conference foes. After all, they are 2 Divisions bigger than some of the schools in their division. I think you really need to get over yourself.

Maybe this year Big Bad Logan can win a playoff game (they dont seem to do great when they hit the playoffs and play their own size schools!)

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

Ironton is in the SEOAL too!

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

west siders wrote:Ironton is in the SEOAL too!
Ironton is independent......no longer in the SEOAL..........

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Ironton cut and ran!

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

moonschein wrote:
Ironton cut and ran!

ImageImageImageImage

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Paladin wrote:All right sports fans, here we are in 2010 for another exciting year of SEOAL football............... not. Logan has been running roughshod over everyone ( boring), including the now departed tiggers who quit & threw in the towel and at this point , it doesn't look to change much. Logan looks to be a favorite for the title again this year. Heres our first week match-ups --

Warren & Belpre match in a backyard rivalry game. Warren should be improved this year but may not show it on the season record. Warriors should win the opener and get some momentum going. WARREN.

Gallia & Athens match-up in a contest between a current & former member of the SEOAL. Unfortunately for the Pups, they'll discover again why they ran from the league. Devils are better than last year's awful mess and look to be middle of the SEOAL pack. Devils will butt kick the Bulldogs. GALLIA.

Jackson & Wellston apparently will sell tickets for a game, but the slaughter will make most fans wonder why the Jackson program continues to duck playing anybody thats any good and why fans would continue to watch a mismatch . This one will be over by half time. In a laugher .... JACKSON

Marietta plays Morgan in a game of poor programs. Both don't look to win many games, if at all. But someone has to win this one , so one team avoids a possible goose egg with a win. In this case, give the edge to the Tigers. MARIETTA

Chilli hooks up with Hamilton Twp.,one of the worst programs in Central Ohio. Unfortunately, Chilli isn't a powerhouse either. In another ugly game where someone has to win, the expectation is the new coach for the Cavs may have just enough discipline to hold off the Rangers. CHILLI

Portsmouth takes on the Wilmington Hurricanes who has been devastated by huge job losses that has ruined the town. Trojans have a solid team this year and look to get off to a fast start. Wilmington should give a good fight but go down swinging. PORTSMOUTH

Logan and Lancaster hookup in a rivalry game. While all the SEOAL teams are picked to win openers, this game is an exception. Logan has good talent again this season and should win another SEOAL title. However, with limited experience and playing the toughest schedule again in the SEOAL with 3 straight D-I games ( two against playoff teams from last year & 2 projected to go again this year), it may take them a few games to get the kinks out and be fine tuned. But when they do... Katy bar the door. LANCASTER

so what u r saying is logan cant beat a good team? they will only win when they get to seoal play were u say the teams are weak very interesting to here you say that

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Paladin wrote:All right sports fans, here we are in 2010 for another exciting year of SEOAL football............... not. Logan has been running roughshod over everyone ( boring), including the now departed tiggers who quit & threw in the towel and at this point , it doesn't look to change much. Logan looks to be a favorite for the title again this year. Heres our first week match-ups --

I'll go along with these picks.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I realize that they still have to run a pipeline into some parts of SEO to get sunshine to them, but really.........................................people don't know the tiggers ran from the SEOAL ? The braggards down there really have the wool pulled over the locals eyes . As 2old used to say, the tiggers have yet to beat the Chiefs this century nor won an SEOAL title. There are those that play the game , win or lose. There are others who take their ball & go home.

Lets hope for a good season for the SEOAL. Logan can use the points ! :mrgreen:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Paladin wrote:I realize that they still have to run a pipeline into some parts of SEO to get sunshine to them, but really.........................................people don't know the tiggers ran from the SEOAL ? The braggards down there really have the wool pulled over the locals eyes . As 2old used to say, the tiggers have yet to beat the Chiefs this century nor won an SEOAL title. There are those that play the game , win or lose. There are others who take their ball & go home.

They will need all the points they can get from the SEOAL after the first three games of the season possibly going 1-2 or 0-3, will the SEOAL provide enough points for Logan to get them into the D2 Playoffs this year??? One loss in League play could spell gloom and doom for Logan making the Playoffs. I can see 1 or 2 SEOAL teams that stand a good chance at beating Logan, I guess we'll see.

Good luck to all of the SEOAL teams this year, wish we were still in the league but we're not. I can get over it can everyone else???????

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Paladin wrote:I realize that they still have to run a pipeline into some parts of SEO to get sunshine to them, but really.........................................people don't know the tiggers ran from the SEOAL ? The braggards down there really have the wool pulled over the locals eyes . As 2old used to say, the tiggers have yet to beat the Chiefs this century nor won an SEOAL title. There are those that play the game , win or lose. There are others who take their ball & go home.

Then there are those who play with the "smaller kids" and feel good about the wins. Mind you they also get mad when the "smaller kids" take their ball and goes home.

D2 vs D4.....I dont blame Ironton for getting out. They eliminated a ton of travel, especially for a school that is in the middle of economically depressed southern Ohio. Not to mention they can schedule schools that are closer to their own size, and can win playoff games :lol:

I wonder as I read your posts Paladin, did you play football in HS?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

same here ohbuckeye1, wished we were still in it. it was a great league even though everybody had a bigger enrollment than us. we can compete with anybody. i know portsmouth was smaller the last year we were in there. but look at all the schools in the city of portsmouth to thin it out. with that said. i look for d4 portsmouth to challenge d2 logan for the league crown this year. ironton has always been more than a handful for logan, look at the overall series record. it's obvious, they tease us about scheduling a canada team years back. thats funny. logan for many years was the equivalent to our canada team from the great north. again , big fish little pond syndrome. can you imagine lawrence county, ohio's team. if it was all centralized to one school district. nobody in the state would beat us. but i love that we keep getting brought up, because we were major players. would love to renew this series. even as an independant. but at least he was honest enuogh to predict a lancaster victory over logan. we all know the real reason logan has beaten lancaster the last 2 years, is because lancaster went to pay to play, and lost a ton of talented athletes , whose families could not afford for their children to play.

RationalVoice
Freshman Team

Post by RationalVoice »

I don't have a dog in this Ironton-Logan fight, for what's it's worth. But, what is the all-time series record between the two schools (sorry - I'm sure it's been posted before)?
If the series is in Ironton's favor - the way I suspect it is, I find it puzzling that Logan fans would be slamming Ironton, despite the recent outcomes. It's kinda like this... Purdue beat Ohio State last year. But, given the all-time series between the two, it'd be pretty stupid for Purdue fans to ridicule Ohio State fans (even if Ohio State left the Big Ten).

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bleeding Red wrote:

Then there are those who play with the "smaller kids" and feel good about the wins. Mind you they also get mad when the "smaller kids" take their ball and goes home.

D2 vs D4.....I dont blame Ironton for getting out. They eliminated a ton of travel, especially for a school that is in the middle of economically depressed southern Ohio. Not to mention they can schedule schools that are closer to their own size, and can win playoff games :lol:

I wonder as I read your posts Paladin, did you play football in HS?
If I'm not mistaken--Paladin was 1st Team All-SEOAL

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

And All SEO District. :mrgreen:

And that was when it was Triple AAA which included Lancaster, Chilli, Marietta, Portsmouth, Ironton and most of the old SEOAL. So being selected then was a great honor.

Ah yes, the good old days ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Paladin on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

RationalVoice wrote:I don't have a dog in this Ironton-Logan fight, for what's it's worth. But, what is the all-time series record between the two schools (sorry - I'm sure it's been posted before)?
If the series is in Ironton's favor - the way I suspect it is, I find it puzzling that Logan fans would be slamming Ironton, despite the recent outcomes. It's kinda like this... Purdue beat Ohio State last year. But, given the all-time series between the two, it'd be pretty stupid for Purdue fans to ridicule Ohio State fans (even if Ohio State left the Big Ten).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------rationalvoice, ironton fighting tigers leads the overall series with logan 16-8. and logan was division 1 , until just a couple of years ago. people may say why mention division sizes. because it is very relevant. ironton is only 5 male athletes from being div.5. and we are a public school. not private. i know logan is as well. but there is a staggering number difference in athletes to choose from. so it pleases me , that people like paladin , are the ones that keep beating this dead horse issue. because it eats him up inside.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:same here ohbuckeye1, wished we were still in it. it was a great league even though everybody had a bigger enrollment than us. we can compete with anybody. i know portsmouth was smaller the last year we were in there. but look at all the schools in the city of portsmouth to thin it out. with that said. i look for d4 portsmouth to challenge d2 logan for the league crown this year. ironton has always been more than a handful for logan, look at the overall series record. it's obvious, they tease us about scheduling a canada team years back. thats funny. logan for many years was the equivalent to our canada team from the great north. again , big fish little pond syndrome. can you imagine lawrence county, ohio's team. if it was all centralized to one school district. nobody in the state would beat us. but i love that we keep getting brought up, because we were major players. would love to renew this series. even as an independant. but at least he was honest enuogh to predict a lancaster victory over logan. we all know the real reason logan has beaten lancaster the last 2 years, is because lancaster went to pay to play, and lost a ton of talented athletes , whose families could not afford for their children to play.
I live in Lancaster. The numbers dropped with a stiff pay to play policy. The overwhelming majority of players who dropped football because of the pay to play were not major contributors. If a player's family was sure of watching their son set the bench and the dollars required sacrifice, football got dropped. Players who were going to be on the field on Friday night came up with the bucks. The past two years Logan was flat out better than Lancaster. With the difference in school size I do not think that will get to be the norm.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i don't buy it, my sources say different.

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
RationalVoice wrote:I don't have a dog in this Ironton-Logan fight, for what's it's worth. But, what is the all-time series record between the two schools (sorry - I'm sure it's been posted before)?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------rationalvoice, ironton fighting tigers leads the overall series with logan 16-8. and logan was division 1 , until just a couple of years ago. people may say why mention division sizes. because it is very relevant. ironton is only 5 male athletes from being div.5. and we are a public school. not private. i know logan is as well. but there is a staggering number difference in athletes to choose from. so it pleases me , that people like paladin , are the ones that keep beating this dead horse issue. because it eats him up inside.

And you're beating.....the 5 males thing.......to death.....

Return to “Football”