Riding the Bench

Week 2 Portsmouth (1-0) at West (1-0)

Post by bigcline81 »

who you think gonna take this game!!

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Portsmouth at west

Post by Westfan »

Should be a dandy. Can we stop Portsmouth? Can Portsmouth stop West.
Game could come down to special teams, turnovers, and mistakes.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

After watching Portsmouth play last night-i will have to go with West with the "W".

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

yea yea yea...trying to stir the pot. If you believe the players or coach said that then I got some land to sell you down in Flordia! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

sportsfan43 wrote:West players at the game last night, saying west by 40 + and Tripp was agreeing with em :oops:
WHOA MULE!!!!!!!! DOWN BOY!!!!!!!!!

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

sportsfan43 wrote:West players at the game last night, saying west by 40 + and Tripp was agreeing with em :oops:
WOW!

That's a strong statement and a big prediction from those players and coach. West has a very good football team, but I will remind everyone after the S.Point game last year. Everyone had tons of negative stuff to say heading into the West game about the Trojans. This will be a very good game but to have players and coaches predicting a 40 pt win is ridiculous. I keep hearing how much stronger,faster,deeper,etc... this West team is this year and that may be true. But, It's almost like everyone thinks the Trojans just hung out in the off season and didn't work on anything. I guess we're weaker,slower,and have no good players this year. So I guess that's where the 40 pt prediction comes from maybe we should forfeit the game now.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 2 Portsmouth at West

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Beep Beep

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

This will be a dog fight!! Both teams are very strong this year.
But I have to go with The SOC II team on this one!! Here's one Falcon fan saying GO SIDERS!!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

yo trojanofthepast have you ever heard of stirring the pot? if west coach was there noway would he even think such a thing I was sitting beside the players for West and never heard them say anything of the such. So trojanofthepast its someone just stirring the pot. west will work hard this week at practice and have a game plan for friday night not worrying about the final score but about the "W" that is not stirring the pot thats the facts!!!

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Re: Week 2 Portsmouth (1-0) at West (1-0)

It's much easier to watch a game from the stands and say the Trojans aren't as good as they think. But, it's different when your on the field trying to defend a team in the heat of the battle. I hope those players think next week will be an easy win.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

West.

No score prediction. But It won't be a blowout!
6-10 point win.

But I'm rooting for Portsmouth on this one!

MAKE IT A SATURDAY GAME!!!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

this is gonna be a great game!!!!!! no prediction here....?

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

MATCH UP LAST 10 YEARS;
2000 - Trojans ? West ? (I know the Trojans won but don't know the score)
2001 - Trojans ? West ? (both teams were 9-1 don't have a score)
2002 - Trojans 27 West 18 (Playoffs - Trojans 18 West 34)
2003 - Trojans 07 West 03
2004 - Trojans 40 West 06
2005 - Trojans 32 West 35
2006 - Trojans 20 West 21
2007 - Trojans 49 West 00
2008 - Trojans 00 West 34
2009 - Trojans 21 West 20

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Each and every season listed above.Every year was a predicted West victory by the Sider fans and a predicted Trojan victory by the Trojan fans.Every year the two teams played hard and the game was won or lost on the field. So let the crazyness on this board begin, but in the end the team that plays harder and forces the most mistakes will take home the win. I of course will pick the Trojans by two scores

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

Whoever wins the line of scrimmage wins this game. I think that will be West, but should be a great game.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

West will win by two or three TDs. If the Trojans don't learn how to tackle, Pendleton could have a monster game. And if they try to arm tackle or go straight up, someone could get hurt...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

fuzzhead wrote:West will win by two or three TDs. If the Trojans don't learn how to tackle, Pendleton could have a monster game. And if they try to arm tackle or go straight up, someone could get hurt...
now...what IF we learn to tackle,then what? :mrgreen:

I was at Burg and Ironton game,and at our game last night..and to me it seemed all 4 teams had problems tackling, maybe the first game jitters/..or maybe some plaers need moved around..who knows.

this was a saturday game last year,and it was a packed house..West was on the road their first game I think?..they should have worked this out to be a home opener at the rock on a sat also, so they could benifit from the gate

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Portsmouth is big upfront. Our lines will have their hands full. I like it that we have depth there.

To beat Portsmouth you have to keep Myers in the pocket somewhat contained. Its a tall order, but do that and your successful.

Portsmouth likes that 4-4. They normally like to blitz those linebacker's a lot. Pick it up like we did in the second half last year and their are gaping holes to run through.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Everyone keeps saying our defense isn't very good and can't stop West. They only gave up 7 points to a very solid D2 school with good athletes. Did we miss some tackle YES, did we make some mistakes YES, but we only gave up 7 pts. Offensively we will put points on the board against West, not having Compton will hurt some for West if he's not playing. I'm not into predicting scores I think this game will not be decided until the last possession. I think we will pass a little more this week, I don't think West secondary can control our receivers. We were open last year the whole game, but we played very conservative in the second half last year and did not attempt a pass in the second half last year and almost gave that game away. This year I don't think we play it that conservative again.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Portsmouth has very good receivers and yes they burned us last year. We have a completely different secondary from last year and from what I can tell, we look alot better.

Return to “Football”