Wheelersburg facilities

85inside
S

Wheelersburg facilities

Post by 85inside »

What About getting out of the parking lot at Burg? Geesh.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Wheelersburg facilities

Post by mattash »

lol, how was the parking?

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

You'll have that at ANY playoff atmosphere!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

There was a sheriff directing traffic at the parking lot exit and another down the street at a red light. With the size of the crowd, it's to be expected. Really no different than Minford, West, etc...

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

85, Have you NEVER been to a Burg/Ironton game? Its like that every season.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

85inside wrote:What About getting out of the parking lot at Burg? Geesh.
i agree. i have been to several Ironton games and you pretty much have to park on the street and you have absolutely have no problem getting away from there through the little crowds they have at most home games.
now, on the other hand, if you try to leave the game early you're likely to run into a deluge of Ironton fans leaving the area.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I had no problem at all. I got in my vehicle and was out of lot within 5 minutes and I left just as Ironton was running out the clock with less that a minute left in the game. With a crowd that large you have to expect some delays getting out though. I'd say there were at least 4,500 to 5,000 people there.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I had no problem at all. I got in my vehicle and was out of lot within 5 minutes and I left just as Ironton was running out the clock with less that a minute left in the game. With a crowd that large you have to expect some delays getting out though. I'd say there were at least 4,500 to 5,000 people there.

Rumor has it that between both schools about 6500 presale tx were sold.
Thats JUST presale. Not a fact though.

But if so..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Neutron, that was a huge crowd!! Glad to see it. Alot of burg fans out, I liked that because of the questions about how to replace all those skill ppl we lost. We did good.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

demaniac1 wrote:Neutron, that was a huge crowd!! Glad to see it. Alot of burg fans out, I liked that because of the questions about how to replace all those skill ppl we lost. We did good.
Yeah I was surprised and pleased.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

yes, something seriously does need done about emptying that stadium. we got there early, parked close to the stadium, and was at least 45 minutes getting out. need multiple deputies working together.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:yes, something seriously does need done about emptying that stadium. we got there early, parked close to the stadium, and was at least 45 minutes getting out. need multiple deputies working together.
so where were you in such a big hurry to get to....?

get smart. park close to the exit and not close to the stadium. it's less than a 100 yard walk from the stadium to the exit road for goodness sakes.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

KVDW wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:yes, something seriously does need done about emptying that stadium. we got there early, parked close to the stadium, and was at least 45 minutes getting out. need multiple deputies working together.
so where were you in such a big hurry to get to....?

get smart. park close to the exit and not close to the stadium. it's less than a 100 yard walk from the stadium to the exit road for goodness sakes.

Exactly. I parked close to the back row by the track and had no problems getting out.

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

I didn't have any problem getting out either. I parked at the Shirt Shop!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I parked at the school and took the school exit to Gleim Rd. Got out no problem!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i have a steel knee and a broken back, so parking out on the hill is not an option. don't get me wrong i love going to the burg. what i should have done was parked in the very first row on top. then i could have gotten into the flow alot quicker, i just want thinking, anyway great game. hope the burg goes 9-1. you always have a solid team.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

When I gone to the game at the Burg I would park at the Church camp and walk up the long drive way on the Burg side very fast getting out.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

I was told by a burg fan that the bleachers are getting replaced next year and that there is going to be a whole lot more seating next season...is this true...and that field turf was going to be on the field in two years..?

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

I parked close to the baseball field and I was back on 52 in less than 5 minutes. I thought it was handled great for being in such a bunched up area.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

TIGERS90 wrote:I was told by a burg fan that the bleachers are getting replaced next year and that there is going to be a whole lot more seating next season...is this true...and that field turf was going to be on the field in two years..?

For the away side?Lol There were as many Burg fans on the Visitors side as there were on the home.
My favorite quote was the punk griping about Irontons cramps the someone from the Burg started cramping up.Course he never said a word then lol.

Return to “Football”