Fairlands Facillities

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Fairlands Facillities

Post by sider_zone »

Nothing short of Pathetic. I mean you can't be serious. I actually seen some people pulling and cutting vines and weeds just to be able to sit down and was worried the whole Game the bleachers might even fall. Took a little splinter off one of the Bleacher boards though-always wanted a peace of Noahs ARK. The lighting was as bad as the Bleachers, I could hear people saying who made that play? Am I the only one who feels this way? Thoughts?

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Re: Fairlands Facillities

Post by bigtimehitter »

Everyone has said on here for years that the facilities are shi*. Two times a levy has been turned down to upgrade the stadium. Your not saying anything new here, everyone has known that for the past few years.
But again, we do all appreciate you overstating the obvious.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

you don't need a Levy! What you need is a few Parents that are willing to work for the good of their Kids. Look Folks I'm not trying to be Mean or Arrogant but surely a couple of Parents have power washers and maybe get some Businesses in the area to donate some paint and supplies or do you have a Booster Club to help raise money. Get the community together and have a few work Saturdays. You would be surprised what a little TLC would do for your stadium. all I'm saying is you don't need a levy to cut a little brush, clean and paint. Maybe I came on a little strong but somebody needs to wake that community up at Fairland.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

sider_zone wrote:you don't need a Levy! What you need is a few Parents that are willing to work for the good of their Kids. Look Folks I'm not trying to be Mean or Arrogant but surely a couple of Parents have power washers and maybe get some Businesses in the area to donate some paint and supplies or do you have a Booster Club to help raise money. Get the community together and have a few work Saturdays. You would be surprised what a little TLC would do for your stadium. all I'm saying is you don't need a levy to cut a little brush, clean and paint. Maybe I came on a little strong but somebody needs to wake that community up at Fairland.
It's Fairland, they're not willing to come out and support the athletics, as a whole the fan support is a joke. There is only a handful in the whole community that would be willing to put any work into it to help in any way. But yea it is in pretty horrible shape.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Man what a shame, You folks have a lot of very talented Athletes up there. Your community would be very surprised what a nice stadium would do for your program, But I know their are a lot of communities that just don't believe Athletics is that Important. It has to be all about the kids and not the community doesn't it?

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Why are there not any Fairland posters on here!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

At the least they need another rail on the back of the bleachers at the top. There is a large gap. I was concerned that my kids were gonna fall through. Fairland could be looking at a big liability law suite if they don't fix those bleachers. Looks like they have upgraded the home side, but the visitors side is a dump.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

demaniac1 wrote:Why are there not any Fairland posters on here!
Becasue like I said, there is only a handful of people that care about the football program. Im being honest too, it is truly ridiculous. If this was a thread about band or cheerleading, this topic would be blowin up right now. :roll:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

bigtimehitter... i agree with sider zone... and a handfull of people is all you need to get started and then others will join in.

doesn't the band and cheerleaders perform in the stadium, too ?? wouldn't their parents and supporters help out or is a dump all they require too?

why don't you become a community leader and get something going?

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

Yes I agree completely.fhs bleachers r junk.but thank god me n the rest of the students stay on the new metal bleachers

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Believe it or not Sider fans it is much better than it was few years ago. I have seen many improvements in the last couple of years. But being from a different school we only get up there every other year. The visitor bleachers are kinda scary to say the least! At least you aren't very high in the air if you do fall! LOL Most of the improvements have been on the home side. Maybe in due time they will get to the visitors side. What makes this seem weird from an outsider is that Fairland has the better housing of all of Lawrence County by far but noone wants to give any money to the schools for the athletics. I guess that is why they win the battle on the state report card. At least their facility is better than one other in the OVC!

kylecompton21
Waterboy

Post by kylecompton21 »

Being a Sider that lives just across the river in WV, I can tell you the following for Fairland football is nowhere near what it is on the west side. I have a good friend "Earp" who is a Fairland guy and I hear bout it all the time. There is a pile of bleachers laying on the track that could be used for the visitors side. I will give them some credit, the home side has been vastly improved recently. If the powers to be will leave Dave Carroll alone over there I think we will be talking about Fairland as a POTENTIAL playoff team in 2-3 years at most. Sad thing is, its so political over there that if things turn around some one will get mad that there guy isn't the one doing it and will can the staff and throw it all down the drain.

coachb
Freshman Team

Post by coachb »

Many years ago The community literally built FHS stadium. Coach Mayo, Mr Love and many others built the bleachers concession stand and facilities. A few years later new bleachers and chainlink fencing were erected by Fairland Midget league. Coach mayo would plow and re-sow the field every 3 years or so. The community WAS involved and the Dragons won games. Coach Snyder and Coach Harris also had good fan support.... and the Dragons were winning. Over the last several years it seems community involvement dropped off. And so has the wins. Were the losses caused by lack of fan support, coaching, talent .....Who knows for sure. But the fact is, win games and fans will come back and hopefully become involved in the program again. I coached at Fairland Youth Football for 14 years. We worked hard, parents, players and coaches, to become one of the most successful programs in the league. Fund raising was expected by all who particpated. And help with the stadium was given by the league. Both with sweat and $$$ funds.Has any one asked (ads in the paper or on the radio , flyers in the community) for volunteers at the stadium.If people will be patient with Coach Carroll and let him gain the players respect the wins will come. In todays world many people don't want to sweat to succeed. We are handed everything for free. Just look at our welfare programs. the Gov't has made it too easy to eat with out working. Same way with the tax levies that failed. Give us money and you wont have to sweat. But the communty wants a return for their buck.....WINS ! Back Coach Carroll and the team. Get involved. You just might feel a sense of reward.

Coach Baker

purplecrusader41
Waterboy

Post by purplecrusader41 »

You guys certainly have not seem some of the inner city school fields in columbus. i like how people from west whine about our facilites and you all know nothing about fairland so keep your cheap shottin butts in portsmouth cause im tired of listening to you stuck up people. sorry we dont have the money for all the crap you all get but you certainly have no right to say anything unless you get your a$$ out there and help fairland out so shut up

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Way to say it Purple. You must put in a lot of time there. If so you would know it is not just the visiting teams that complain but the home crowd does also. The home crowd will still not pass a levy. People should complain when they are put in potentially unsafe conditions.
Why should people other schools help out Fairland when many people in Fairland do not help? It is a shame politics gets in the way.

Return to “Football”