why doesnt Ironton MS play at tank Memorial

Ump
Freshman Team

why doesnt Ironton MS play at tank Memorial

Post by Ump »

Seems like the High school would want the younger kids to feel like a part of things. Would be exciting for the younger boys to play there.

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: why doesnt Ironton MS play at tank Memorial

Post by Dundas »

I think a lot of schools are this way.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

They have their own field. Brand new this year.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

The new field could use some TLC. Rocks, ruts, poor grass base and crowd control are a few immediate issues. Another issue that will be a big factor later in the season will be the lack of lights. Playing 7th and 8th grade DH's will become impossible very soon due to lack of daylight.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

let em play on the tank.....

all of our lower level kids play on our high school field...they love it!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i agree bd, if it don't hold up get turf. these parents are taxpayers too.

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

Two words for why the MS and younger kids do not play at Tanks, with the exception of the Teen OVC playoffs...............

BOB and LUTZ.

Coach doesn't like for his field to get chewed up. He won't let the band practice on it either.

For the youngsters, they do love to play at Tanks, but if anything, it helps because not getting to play at Tanks makes it that much more special when you do finally get to play on it.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

You should have to earn the right to play on that field through years of work. Give them something to look forward too.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HORSEFEATHERS , THEIR PARENTS ARE TAXPAYERS AS WELL.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Guy's Stop living in the past! TURF! We got rid of the pool, remember.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:HORSEFEATHERS , THEIR PARENTS ARE TAXPAYERS AS WELL.
What if the parents rent a home, then they are not (property) tax payers, then should their kids still get to play on the field too, or only those who pay the tax?

I am tired of the "Everyone gets a trophy" society we live in. Just because you pay taxes does not mean you are entitled to it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

XandOs wrote:The new field could use some TLC. Rocks, ruts, poor grass base and crowd control are a few immediate issues. Another issue that will be a big factor later in the season will be the lack of lights. Playing 7th and 8th grade DH's will become impossible very soon due to lack of daylight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i'll refer to this post, is it worth getting somebody hurt. like an acl.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
XandOs wrote:The new field could use some TLC. Rocks, ruts, poor grass base and crowd control are a few immediate issues. Another issue that will be a big factor later in the season will be the lack of lights. Playing 7th and 8th grade DH's will become impossible very soon due to lack of daylight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i'll refer to this post, is it worth getting somebody hurt. like an acl.

I was only referring to the argument that they should play on it because their parents are taxpayers.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

What about Good old Fashion Hospitality for the visiting team!!!!!!!!
You actually call that a New Field?
I was at the Ironton Jr High game tonight and I have to say I thought it would be a much better Facility.
Anyway Congrats to the Tigers on their Victories, But I was very Proud of the heart Our Siders played with tonight. Way to Go Boys, We'll getem next year.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

what happened, did you have to walk over the hillside behind the visitors bleachers to use a porta potty?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

sportsfan43 wrote:what happened, did you have to walk over the hillside behind the visitors bleachers to use a porta potty?

What visitor bleachers........wasnt any such thing.........

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

sportsfan43 wrote:what happened, did you have to walk over the hillside behind the visitors bleachers to use a porta potty?
What Hillside??????? What Visiting bleachers????????? and What Visiting Locker Room?????????
Our Boys had to get Dressed on the so called New Field. I remember playing on Fields like that Way back in the 60's; It's time to move on!!!!!! I think its called the "21st Century"!!!!!!!!

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

I-town-90 wrote:Two words for why the MS and younger kids do not play at Tanks, with the exception of the Teen OVC playoffs...............

BOB and LUTZ.

Coach doesn't like for his field to get chewed up. He won't let the band practice on it either.

For the youngsters, they do love to play at Tanks, but if anything, it helps because not getting to play at Tanks makes it that much more special when you do finally get to play on it.
When I was in high school. We were told that the band couldn't practice on the football field.

Our band director was Mr. Ralph Falls.

He stood up to them and we practiced half time shows on the field at The Tank every week before a game. We always practiced "run on" or as it is called the pregame show on the football field. During the summer, we practiced half time shows on the field at the track.

Let's just say that there was friction about this at I.H.S. but Mr. Falls did what was necessary for the band to perform well and we did. :-D :-D

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

they played back in the 80's 90' on that field, we use to play them every year, in the teen ovc league.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

bilco2 wrote:they played back in the 80's 90' on that field, we use to play them every year, in the teen ovc league.
Was that the 1880's and 1890's!!!!!!!! I bet they rope it off and let the cows Mow it and Fertilize it in the Spring don't they???????
Seriously!!!! You Folks need to at Least furnish some Locker Rooms for The Kids to change their clothes in.

Return to “Football”