Week 3 Wellston @ Gallipolis

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

jottings
SEOPS H

Week 3 Wellston @ Gallipolis

Post by jottings »

Thoughts.

Understand Rockets have an outstanding QB.

Caulker10
Freshman Team

Re: Week 3 -- Wellston (1-1) at Gallipolis (2-0)

Post by Caulker10 »

Great game, very anxious to see how the rockets will rebound. Gallia always seems to have a good team. But I hope wellson will pull one out. Question, who are gallias skilled players, good, decent or bad. But I know there not bad, I'm just wondering.

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

We are basically a 1 man team...

all 11 guys are performing as 1. Its a lot of fun when you have no idea which Player is going to step up each play..knowing one of them will, however. looking at game last night it was incredible the # of contributors on both offense and defense.

BTW, I heard they also had one of the best pep rallies they have had in recent memory!!

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

wellstons coaching staff will have the boys ready to go next friday,if they come out flat in the first half like minford game they could be in for a long night.coaching staff needs to put a few of there skilled plsyers on special teams also, their under classmen just not getting job done.good luck wellston.

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

wellstons O and D played good enough to beat minford the defence only gave up 10 points on a great minford team.special teams was our down fall sure hutchinson will have this fixed by friday.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Blue_Steel wrote:We are basically a 1 man team...

all 11 guys are performing as 1. Its a lot of fun when you have no idea which Player is going to step up each play..knowing one of them will, however. looking at game last night it was incredible the # of contributors on both offense and defense.

BTW, I heard they also had one of the best pep rallies they have had in recent memory!!
Good observation. You often hear a coach saying 'someone needs to step up and make a play'. The first two weeks GAHS has had many different players step up and make a play. Keep it going that way Big Blue!

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

gahs4ever wrote:Did anyone notice that we didnt punt the ball away one time last night?
Yes....I was very happy with that stat at half and even more so after four quarters.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Should be a dandy. You got the blue devils wh are apperently a good teams after beating athens and thrashing hillsboro. then you got the rockets who thrashed jackson and got beat by a good minford team. That being said the rockets are my team so i will be choosing them to win by 7-10 points or 2 it dont matter to me.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I must say things have changed a lot in gallipolis. I really haven't scene much like this in a very long time. is this team a good team? is this team a great team? I don't know but the atmosphere around the field in the stadium is definitely different. It seems the team plays with a purpose and a passion and are very focused. The students and the atmosphere were great. i don't know what is casing all the change but if it keeps up. this is going to become a very special place to see a game again. in a way that it hasn't been for a long time.

oh and speaking of next weeks game i think it will be a minimum of a 14 point win. i think this team is going to score a lot this year even when we make that visit to ironton.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

kvnchambers wrote:I must say things have changed a lot in gallipolis. I really haven't scene much like this in a very long time. is this team a good team? is this team a great team? I don't know but the atmosphere around the field in the stadium is definitely different. It seems the team plays with a purpose and a passion and are very focused. The students and the atmosphere were great. i don't know what is casing all the change but if it keeps up. this is going to become a very special place to see a game again. in a way that it hasn't been for a long time.

oh and speaking of next weeks game i think it will be a minimum of a 14 point win. i think this team is going to score a lot this year even when we make that visit to ironton.

I don't know about the atmosphere, but Gallia made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs as recently as 2006. It hasn't been that long since they were good or great.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Gallia goes 3-0

Caulker10
Freshman Team

Post by Caulker10 »

Osborne and prater are really really good players for welllston, if gallia puts the shutdown on those two players, it will be a long night. But we do have alot of secret weapons on offense to. Should be a good one. GO Rockets!!

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

First real test for the Blue... Need to improve weekly because once the SEAOL schedule starts the competition we get much stiffer...

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

gahs4ever wrote:Daniel....I dont think he was talking about wins, championships or playoffs. I think he was talking about something that is hard to define and probably harder to know who to attribute it to. I used words like feeding frenzy and storming the field because I dont have the vocabulary to adequately desribe the emotions and atmosphere at Memorial Field last night. You can see it in the way the coaches carry themselves; in the very eyes of the players, and what is going on in the stands.

If you were anywhere near the victory bell last night you know what Im talking about. People just yelling and hugging and no one in a hurry to go anywhere.

Someone else will have to define it. Im just going to enjoy it!

Fair enough. Sounds like something special is going on in Gallipolis this year. I guess you would have to attribute coach Eddy with that.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Coach Eddy, for sure.

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

Caulker10 wrote:Osborne and prater are really really good players for welllston, if gallia puts the shutdown on those two players, it will be a long night. But we do have alot of secret weapons on offense to. Should be a good one. GO Rockets!!
I agree with you Caulker10, it will be a long night for Wellston down in G-Town. Thats one hard place to go to and win and it sounds like the atmosphere down there keeps heating up.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Another win on my Gallia preseason 7 -3 prediction...

Caulker10
Freshman Team

Post by Caulker10 »

???. Does Gallia still play at there old stadium or do they have a new one. Haven't been down in a while.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Still at Memorial Field......Go Blue!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'm guessing Gallia Academy will do a good job on containing Prater and Osborne...if Wellston can get some offense from others they'll have a good shot.

Return to “Football”