Week 3 Portsmouth @ Wheelersburg

Who will win?

Total votes: 0

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Week 3 Portsmouth @ Wheelersburg

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Both teams coming off a loss. Who will regroup???

LoganAlumni99
Waterboy

Re: Week 3 Portsmouth @ Wheelersburg

Post by LoganAlumni99 »

If the PHS/West score I saw was correct, I'd say the Trojans have more work to do than the Pirates.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg 35

Trojans 20

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Going with the Burg because I think they have the better defense

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

oh boy.....Burg wont start 0-3. Could be another huge deficit like last year. Burg is going to take out some aggression on the Trojans. Trojans having problems stopping a good running attack.

Trojans 14
Burg 35

bigcline81
Riding the Bench

Post by bigcline81 »

i look for portsmouth to get a win in this one!!! but this week are d better show up or its gonna be another blowout!!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Wheelersburg

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Except for a couple defensive tackles, Portsmouth is way undersized on defense to stop a strong running team. Watched the replay last night. They tackled well against the smaller backs when they were in position, but they wouldn't tackle Pendelton. They just dove at the ground like they were digging worms.

Shankwieler is a side to side runner and a smaller back. I have a feeling Portsmouth's defense will look alot better this week.

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

Going with the Burg.........we need all the points we can garner :!:

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

both these squads must be a little stunned right now

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

West would probably get more Points this Season if Ports Wins but I don't see the Trojans getting the W.
BURG wins big in this one, can't afford to Lose!!!!!!!!
Just keep Pressure on Myers like we did and you'll Win.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

I will have to agee, there's no way The Burg goes 0 and 3!! The Burg really let me down last week, and I don't think they will do it again. I'd say The Burg by at least 3 touchdowns.
And don't forget, it's The Burg's first home game, they may win by 4 touchdowns!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

BTB....you must have forgotten..... their 1st game was at home vs Ironton.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

I'll take the Burg in this one. I believe it will be close. Burg better find a way to get pressure on the QB. It was something they failed to do against Oak Hill, which made it awful difficult for them to get stops on defense.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

siderman wrote:Except for a couple defensive tackles, Portsmouth is way undersized on defense to stop a strong running team. Watched the replay last night. They tackled well against the smaller backs when they were in position, but they wouldn't tackle Pendelton. They just dove at the ground like they were digging worms.

Shankwieler is a side to side runner and a smaller back. I have a feeling Portsmouth's defense will look alot better this week.
Schankweiler isn't that small and he is lights out faster than Pendleton. How many times did Pendleton break out into the open field only to be caught from behind. If Schank breaks free, you aren't going to catch him from behind.

Pendelton is a big, bruising back, but he doesn't have breakaway speed.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

pigskinguru wrote: get pressure on the QB. It was something they failed to do against Oak Hill, which made it awful difficult for them to get stops on defense.
OH's QB and receiver coach was a lot smarter than Wheelersburg's. On downs like 3rd and 7, OH would flip a little 5 yard pass to Hale and he would get 10 or 12 yards whereas on 3rd and 7 for Wheelersburg they would float a 40 yard pass (that their QB doesn't have the arm for) and it was up for grabs and usually fell incomplete.
A little 5 yard swing pass to Schank to get him out in the open would work MUCH better and I believe he could tear up the field.
I wasn't all that impressed with Slone but his passing coach knows how to utilize him and deserves kudos for that. He didn't need time to pass. He got rid of the ball very quickly and let Hale do the damage... which he did.
When going for the bomb (such as in the last 3 minutes of the Ironton and OH games) I'd think Schank would be my choice at QB. He can throw the long ball (ask Ironton from two years ago) and has plenty of good receivers out there.... inckuding the one from the Ironton game of two years ago. :mrgreen: JMO, of course.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
siderman wrote:Except for a couple defensive tackles, Portsmouth is way undersized on defense to stop a strong running team. Watched the replay last night. They tackled well against the smaller backs when they were in position, but they wouldn't tackle Pendelton. They just dove at the ground like they were digging worms.

Schankweiler isn't that small and he is lights out faster than Pendleton. How many times did Pendleton break out into the open field only to be caught from behind. If Schank breaks free, you aren't going to catch him from behind.

Pendelton is a big, bruising back, but he doesn't have breakaway speed.
Just keep thing that!!! LOL

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

West Side Pride wrote:
Just keep thing that!!! LOL
WHAT ???? Just keep thing that ? What does that mean?

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

hopefully trojans center will practice his snaps this week so meyers doesnt have to pick it up off the ground this week? then will be better game! if the center plays the same way against BURG, then there will be lots of turnovers...imo?

PIRATES 45
trojans 13

SPANKY
Freshman Team

Post by SPANKY »

Where is "Big Orange" when you need him?????

NUFF SAID..............

Return to “Football”