Week 5 Monroe Central (3-1) @ Fort Frye (4-0)

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Week 5 Monroe Central (3-1) @ Fort Frye (4-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

So a lot of people are going to come on here and be like FF has not played anyone which is true.They have however dominated.The varsity players have yet to let up a score.FF has outscored opp 155-0.They have thrown and ran the ball very well.Colton Skinner has 10 tds in 4 games.Monroe Central is coming into this game off a good win.I think FF has more speed and plays better defense then Caldwell.That being said they could be 2 lineman down if big Wriston tore his ACL.I think MC has the edge in the trenches.I think FF is fighting an uphill battle but atleast they have all the weapons ready to roll.Fort Frye is a lot better then the FF team that was 4-0 last season.Maybe the Noles will over look the Cadets.This is the kinda game kids dream about.Good Luck Cadets

seowrestler
Waterboy

Re: Week 5 Monroe Central (3-1) @ Fort Frye (4-0)

Post by seowrestler »

Fort Frye will meet reality in this game.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

MC rolls again.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I guess we will just have to see.Fort Frye is faster and way more balanced then the Redskins.Fort Frye will put 8 in the box and make Kinchen pass the ball.If you remember right Kinchen only had 54 yards on 18 carries last season.I hope Wriston and Dixon are cleared to play because those are FFs biggest lineman.Fort Frye is a lot better then they were last season.If you look at the numbers Caldwell has let up a lot of points. Fort Frye has the speed to keep up with Monroe also FF can run smashmouth with Skinner and his 10 scroes.I say MC 20 FF 6

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Look, Kapono already has the excuse built-in with 2 injured linemen. Last year it was 4.4 speedster Tanner Robinson. Fort Frye has won like twice in 20 years but Kapono could probably find an excuse in each one. Too bad the Noles can never beat them straight up.

For the first time this season Fort Frye is going to snap the ball and have another team fire off and hit them. I know how the Noles will react, but the question is how will FF react.

I hope they put 8 in the box. Go ahead and make Kinchen throw. Let's see what happens.

seowrestler
Waterboy

Post by seowrestler »

What does Caldwell have to do with this game???

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I am always giving MC credit.They are the best and always will be as long as they have Jay.That being said it sucks to have injuries but I am sure all teams do about week 5 of the season.Riley Dixon and Zach Wriston are beast on the interior and will help if they are able to play.Riley goes to the doctor on Friday but even if he is cleared hard to tell if coach Huck will even let him play.Wristons xrays were negative but he has to go to CBus for an MRI.What does Caldwell have to do with anything????Well everyone is already compairing the whole league to that one game Caldwell vs Monroe.They are a run 1st team that played right into MC hands.Yes FF has not proved anything but the talent is there.Let's just see if FF can put 4 qts together and not turnover the football.I really think FF can stop the run.The team that shows they can pass the ball the best will have the advantage.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I can't wait.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

It's real easy to say MC will win big, because they always do. But, people who credit the schedule for Fort Frye's 4-0 record aren't really paying attention. Two years ago, games with the Greens and River Valleys of the world would have been toss ups. But, anyway, how about this? How about, instead of coming on here and running down a program that is on the upswing, why not talk about how good Monroe Central is?

For this game? Fort Frye will probably get smacked in the mouth early, and if they can find the next gear and hit back, they have talent to make it interesting.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Kinchen might be a great QB but his passing numbers are just not impressive.In the teams big win he was 5-13.Fort Frye has shown they can throw the ball but that is easy when you have 3 guys wide open.Fort Frye has 3 players that have put up numbers.Chandler Lang freshman has shown his skills to run routes but then again he is a freshman.Shon Smith sophmore question would be his hands but the kid has pure speed to break a screen for 80.Matt Klinger Sr probably the best WR on the team.Caught 4 passes for 85 and 2 scores last week.He has 4 scores on the year.He also runs the ball out of the slot.Those Wrs added with power running game of Skinner and the speed game of Spencer Lang makes this team very balanced.Also Eddie Watson has thrown for about 120 a game while rushing for about 65 with 2 100 yard games.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I am looking forward to this game and it could ended up being the same old same old.The team is different from last year.Last year Skinner was FB not TB,Watson was a WR,Spencer WR,Shon Smith dident play,Chandler Lang was playing JR High, and Fort Frye was being Qb by Rabourn who is FB who can't throw a football.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Don't think Fort Frye has enough to overcome Monroe Central. I'd probably have to say Central wins this by 4 TD's or more. Just my opinion.

seowrestler
Waterboy

Post by seowrestler »

It is pointless to compare stats between the teams without comparing the level of competition each team has played.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Yeah I would imagine FF looks lightning fast against Green and River Valley.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Fort Frye has shown they can put numbers on the scoreboard, this will be a close game, with the Cadets squeaking one out

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Fort Frye has shown they can put numbers on the scoreboard, this will be a close game, with the Cadets squeaking one out

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Of course you can put numbers on the scoreboard when teams like Green, Waterford, and River Valley. It can also make defenses look a lot better. Fort Frye hasn't played anyone half as good as MC has, IMO. Fort Frye won't be able to stop Kinchen or Hogue running the ball, especially if they've got two lineman out. Kinchen has the receivers to go deep if need be. Just my opinion, but I don't see MC having any trouble against FF.

BRIDGEPORT01
Freshman Team

Post by BRIDGEPORT01 »

MC by 27

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Noles

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I agree with the people who put the difference at about 28 points. Turnovers or other big mistakes may make a difference, but 4 td's sounds like a good starting point.

Return to “Football”