Week 5 Parkersburg South @ Athens

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

A-Town Big Dog
S

Week 5 Parkersburg South @ Athens

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Didn't see a thread and figured one was necessary.

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Week 5 Parkersburg South @ Athens

Post by Dundas »

Have they figured out where they'll be playing?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Turns out the AD at athens wants to pay OU to play at Peden. Guess Boston field isn't goodenough for him.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

O&B...do you really want Athens to get a couple games under their belt on Boston Field before the week 10 matchup? I mean, that would take away any home field advantage imo! lol

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Trust me, South will bring enough fans to fill Boston Field by themselves and leave no seats for anyone else.

Playing the game at OU will be a mental lift for the Bulldogs. I think it is a good idea to play it at OU if they can.

Much I hate to say this, South should win.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Good luck to the Bulldogs this week no matter where the game is played. To all the people who has suffered from last weeks violet storm. God Bless you all and you are in my prayers. After going through something like that, you know the meaning of helping each other through a difficult time.

jscbowhunter
Riding the Bench

Post by jscbowhunter »

1974Viking wrote:Good luck to the Bulldogs this week no matter where the game is played. To all the people who has suffered from last weeks violet storm. God Bless you all and you are in my prayers. After going through something like that, you know the meaning of helping each other through a difficult time.
Very appropriate and well said. I'm not sure, but I think Athens could win this one.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

If Athens PAYS O.U. to play at Peden thats not good.. I think it would be wise to spend money where needed.

The good people at NY offered Boston field, they should accept...

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Athens has a very good chance in this game. I actually favor the Bulldogs. Parkersburg South struggled badly last week against a very bad Winfield team.

Athens - 28
South - 21

Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team

Post by Rutterkickballer »

Sorry. Athens couldn't beat us Rutters in a scrimmage and they won't beat a powerhouse from west virginney.....For that matter, neither could we.

Bobcat Coach
Waterboy

Post by Bobcat Coach »

Was truly glad to see Athens & South pick up the wins last week with both areas recovering from the tornado.

I hope you don't think Winfield is a bad team because of their record. Both teams made some mistakes and it was a defensive battle.

I wouldn't consider South a powerhouse team this year, 2/3 of the team are sophmores.

I also don't think Athens will put up 28 points.

I look for this to be a battle with South coming out of it with a slight margin of victory.

It was very generous of NY to offer Athens their field for the game.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

If OU offers it for free, great, if they dont, refuse! Good luck Athens! Beat WV!

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

OU should let them use it for free under the circumstances.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Any offer to help is very gracious and appropriate. No need to get angry O and B if they decline Boston Field, you shouldnt take that personal, and the AD at AHS does not have that kind of power to make those type decisions on his own, lots of people in his ear I am sure. There are always lots of things going on that we may not know about. The athletic dept at OU even has big hoops to jump thru ( Facilities Management, Parking etc) I hope that we soon know what is in store for this Friday.

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

Well said. AD I'm sure has everyone telling him what direction to go. OU would be great, but I do know they have to charge them to use the stadium. I believe this could be a recruiting vialation, if they do not. However, maybe the OHSAA can look the other way on this due to what happen. I believe a few years back Athens and Trimble both played games at OU on the same day.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Probably more the NCAA than it is the OHSAA.

hssportsfan
Waterboy

Post by hssportsfan »

OU has to worry about NCAA violations when high schools use their facility. That is the reason for the charging a fee. I don't believe the OHSAA has anything to do with the site of a regular season game. :12223

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Pulling for the dogs!! GO TVC!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Spartan wrote:Any offer to help is very gracious and appropriate. No need to get angry O and B if they decline Boston Field, you shouldnt take that personal, and the AD at AHS does not have that kind of power to make those type decisions on his own, lots of people in his ear I am sure. There are always lots of things going on that we may not know about. The athletic dept at OU even has big hoops to jump thru ( Facilities Management, Parking etc) I hope that we soon know what is in store for this Friday.

I'm not angry. I just can't figure out why they would want to pay a few thousand dollars a game when they can play on a field thats in great shape also and not have to pay a penny. They can't even use the consessions at OU they have to set up tables and stuff. You would think they would want to save as much money as they can considering what happened........Good luck where ever they play! :122245

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

RutterKickballer wrote:Sorry. Athens couldn't beat us Rutters in a scrimmage and they won't beat a powerhouse from west virginney.....For that matter, neither could we.
Yet Athens traveled to Coal Grove and gave the Hornets all they wanted losing by 6, how'd Trimble do again (just kiddin)? My point is that one pre season scrimmage that was a half scrimmage at that doesn't tell how good you are or could be. Athens has played well enough to win any of the games they've played so far but sometimes that's the way it goes. As for Parkersburg South the year they won the WVA state title they lost to Marietta (who only won like 3 games that year) a week after Athens destroyed Marietta over a two day period (power failure) so don't put to much into the level of competition in WVA sometimes. I'm not going to spout off on here that we're better than South but I think we shuld be able to play with them.
Last edited by A-Town Big Dog on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”