Sultan of Smack back to his old ways...

Heavy D
All Conference

Sultan of Smack back to his old ways...

Post by Heavy D »

I really thought the Sultan had listened to the masses and changed his ways for the better. For the first 4 weeks of the season he gave and updated the scores early and often. Much like OSU scoring in EMU. However, this past Friday night he returned to his ways of the past. A lot of talking about tailgates and hot dog sauce, with very little talk of football and even less about scores. The group I was listening with decided we are done tuning in. If he wants to talk about food and friends from the past that is fine. We will find a station that will give scores, and at least end the show with them. Oh well, you had us fooled for 4 weeks Sultan. :oops:

rickoshay
SEOP

Re: Sultan of Smack back to his old ways...

Post by rickoshay »

You're up to bat Sultan, come defend yourself, or just hide behind the mike??????????

RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

There are certain expectations when you are a radio celebrity. Take it from someone who knows, the sultan could be headed down the road if he doesnt start giving the scores and talking nice about nelsonville-york!

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I say we take a vote who wants to hear about football and scores or who wants to listen to him talk about tailgate food.I will start off by saying i dont care about all that tailgate talk i dont care who made what i want to hear about football.

just saying

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

I think I would rather hear about Old man Johnson's crab cakes than to listen to some of the callers.

Just Sayin :122245

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I'll be happy to start calling in again to spice things up.......Now, if I could get LEROY to call in, SOS would have ratings out the wazoo!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

I quit listening last year when I tried to call in to ask him to give the scores. When I finally got through between the food callers he told me he has to give his audience what they want. I guess the 5 people that call in every week want him to let them talk about the latest hog roaster on the market. :lol:

I never thought I would say this, but bring back the Guru. Hey even he gave the scores once in a while. He talked about football too. Of course his dialect was not the best, and he talked about back in the 50's and 60's a lot but it was still football.

For those of you who disagree there are some good cooking shows on cable for those who want to hear about recipes and the like. They sell some great grills, deep friers, and cookers on the shopping network too my wife tells me. :lol:

All in all I would say this show won't last much longer unless some changes are made. They have already stopped covering games. But heyif he does start giving the scores and talking about the games some one post that on here so I can tune in again. I am not against giving it another chance.

Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team

Post by Rutterkickballer »

It really is unfortunate that this guy is known to be from our community. It is an embarrassment to our eduactional system that a person hosting a postgame show doesnt understand that scores shoould be updated REGULARLY.....Could we trade this guy to Miller for any of their alumni? Heck trade him for a six pack of beer! And it doesnt even have to be cold......

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

I'd call in, but I haven't heard the number to call announced once this year.

I tried dialing BR-549 on my cell phone, but then hit a huge pothole that knocked the plastic jesus off the dash, the 9mm fell out of the glove box, and my koolaid spilled on my lap. Had a fun time explaining that one to the boss. Yeah buddy.

Then again, I usually listen until I hear the scores and then turn it off. Wait, maybe that's why... aw never mind.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Jim Pancake > Sultan of whatever

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

LEROY wrote:I'd call in, but I haven't heard the number to call announced once this year.

I tried dialing BR-549 on my cell phone, but then hit a huge pothole that knocked the plastic jesus off the dash, the 9mm fell out of the glove box, and my koolaid spilled on my lap. Had a fun time explaining that one to the boss. Yeah buddy.

Then again, I usually listen until I hear the scores and then turn it off. Wait, maybe that's why... aw never mind.
Funny and brilliant, as always..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Well the sultan done went into hideing or he finally talked himself to sleep

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

LEROY wrote:I tried dialing BR-549 on my cell phone, but then hit a huge pothole that knocked the plastic jesus off the dash, the 9mm fell out of the glove box, and my koolaid spilled on my lap.
Epoxy a cup holder to the dash for the koolaid, it will work on the plastic jesus too, and the 9 should never be that far away from your hand. As for the cell phone I can't hear it over the noise from the mud tires anyway. :-D

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

If the sultan wanted better ratings he could invite a few good resf on the show to talk about how we can take over a game when we want. Example being friday in glouster when the wildcats and the refs stop Dyla....

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Maybe he should take some lessons from WKKJ in Chillicothe. They run a great postgame show. I have only heard the Sultan a couple of times as I was traveling home from away games back to chilly. I was amazed he lets fans call in. I heard a little kid couldn't have been 12 years old. Coaches are the only people on our call in show and they give scores every 15 minutes

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

CavsFan08 wrote:Maybe he should take some lessons from WKKJ in Chillicothe. They run a great postgame show. I have only heard the Sultan a couple of times as I was traveling home from away games back to chilly. I was amazed he lets fans call in. I heard a little kid couldn't have been 12 years old. Coaches are the only people on our call in show and they give scores every 15 minutes

He should take Guru's idea and use the ole egg timer. I think he opens up the phone lines so he can show the boss that people are listening. Give the nomenclature for that Chilli station so I can tune in and hear the scores as they update them.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

Radio Lady bring back Dunigan and Bookman. Great team doing play by play and doing post game stuff.

codypickett
Waterboy

Post by codypickett »

I think The Sultan of Smack does a very good job hosting the after game show. As far as the scores go he can only give them out when they get them in.

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

codypickett wrote:I think The Sultan of Smack does a very good job hosting the after game show. As far as the scores go he can only give them out when they get them in.

He could check here on this board and give double the scores that he normally does.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Threre are a couple guys on the sultan website calling people selfish for criticizing the radio show. They say this is all about the kids, and the sultan promotes the kids. I sure can't see how talking about tailgate parties is about kids. I would think giving scores and stats of high school football games would be more about kids than tailgaters. After all, the kids play the games, and it is adults calling in about the tailgaters. But maybe that is just me?

Return to “Football”