PVC: Frontier (2-3) @ Fort Frye (4-1)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

PVC: Frontier (2-3) @ Fort Frye (4-1)

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye coming off loss to MC.Frontier coming off a 48-42 OT win over Beallsville.Frontier trailed in that game 42-7 at Halftime.Fort Frye scrimmaged Beallsville and beat them pretty bad 4 tds to nothing in 30 plays.I'm sure Beallsville has improved.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Frontier (2-3) @ Fort Frye (4-1) Week 6 Homecoming

Post by EasternDspy »

Look for FF to dominate the line of scrimmage.Should be big games from Watson and Skinner.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Sounds like Frontier had one amazing comeback against Beallsville. This game actually could be interesting. Both teams have weapons on offense, Frontier just needs some decent line play. I think Fort Frye will win this one, but i'm not expecting a blowout or anything. Something like a 2 TD win sounds about right to me.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea but Beallsville would not score on Fort Frye and Frontier let them score 42.

Xantric
Waterboy

Post by Xantric »

Correction: Score at the 1/2 of the Frontier/Beallsville game was 28-7, not 42-7. Still, was a helluva comeback.

This game should be a good one. Looking forward to it.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

^^^True, but from what the article said Beallsville scored two quick TDs to start the 2nd half and was up 42-7 in the 3rd Q. Amazing.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Talking to Frontier students you would think this is the superbowl.Frontier kids hate FF and they will be ready.Corey Fickeisen has a lot of talent but Frontier lacks wrs and have been running the ball a lot more.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

After seeing Frontier's awesome comeback vs. Beallsville I will have to say watch out for #7 Zack Brunoni (transfer from St. Marys), a very quick WR, and that Tilton kid is a tank out of the backfield. If Fickiesen has time he can pick a defense apart.

That being said, if Frontier doesn't improve its pass 'D' it'll be in need of another big rally. Beallsville picked them apart with short routes to that Jerrod Kinney who had a great game with 4 TDs. Frontier is decent, but they had 140 some odd penalty yards against Beallsville that helped them too.

I can't see how FF will lose this game if I'm comparing scores. Those Frontier kids will be thinking of their great comeback for weeks, if not, a generation. It was something I'll never forget.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Frontier doesn't appear to be as good as many people thought they would be before the season, but I wouldn't count them out of any game yet. This one could get very interesting. Couple things go Frontier's way, who knows, maybe they'll get the victory. Should be a high scoring game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea Jake Burnoni transfer from Parkersburg Catholic is a good player.Frontier will be without both starting cbs.Brandon Barnes is out due to suspension and Taylor Merckle is out for the season.Enter in Eddie Salazar 5-4 So and Austin Amos 5-6 So.After the game FF had passing vs Monroe look for them to attack the smaller cbs.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

FF didn't exactly have a stellar passing game against Monroe Central, but I agree they'll probably take advantage of those cb's. Those guys are small, especially for CB's.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This will be a high scoring game I say 44-27FF.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I had heard in prior weeks that Frontier has no pass defense, and CD basically confirmed that. With the starting corners out for the Cougars, FF should have a heyday come Friday putting the ball in the air. If FF can contain the cougars offense, FF wins this one going away, especially if they played like they did last week against MC. FF has no turnovers and fewer than 5 penalties, they will win by at least 3 scores.

Good luck to both teams, play hard and injury free!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: PVC: Frontier (2-3) @ Fort Frye (4-1)

Post by EasternDspy »

I have been teaching at Frontier and they really take this game serious.Maybe FF will over look them.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Beallsville had a field day passing the ball against Frontier. It's what helped them build that 42-7 lead, then they got greedy and wanted to really pound Frontier and it cost them. Too many 3-and-outs and turnovers, plus 14 penalties.

Frontier's corners are smallish, but if that offense can chew up the clock and use Tilton, Brunoni, and Fick the best way possible, Cougs could win this one.

Fort Frye probably has more skill on the field, but those 3 or 4 kids from FHS can do some damage.

Would not be surprised to see the winning team need 34 points.

Heath
Riding the Bench

Post by Heath »

frontier

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Is it true these two teams scrimmaged one another? If so, why would two teams scrimmage one another if they are on the schedule later in the year?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

No FF scrimmaged Beallsville and dominated them.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

What's the word on those linemen that got hurt Eastern? I saw one in basically a full leg brace at the MC/FF game. Are they done for the season?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Riley Dixon was actually cleared last Friday but did not play because he dident practice.He practiced all week and will play.Wriston tore his ACL so he is out for the year.Dixon should help on this inside because he is a strong kid.He was the kid who got the safety last yr vs Caldwell.

Return to “Football”