SOC2: Minford (5-0) @ Wheelersburg (3-2)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

SOC2: Minford (5-0) @ Wheelersburg (3-2)

Post by Bleeding Red »

SOC II play finally underway.

Minford coming off a very solid defensive performance over a solid Oak Hill squad who was very experienced and was led by a big, physical line. Minford really dominated up front all night and the defense really played well stopping one of the better running backs in the area.

Burg is still an unknown. Losing a nailbiter against possible Region 15 contender Ironton, Burg's defense has put up good showings against the run but has struggled against the pass. I think most Burg fans have been looking forward to this game to see exactly where they stand in the SOC II.

Oh, did I mention that that past 4 meetings between these teams have been decided by one score?

It should be a dandy of a game.

Thoughts?

knowledge
All Conference

Re: WEEK 6: MINFORD @ WHEELERSBURG

Post by knowledge »

During my evaluations for secondary education I most take in a school event outside the classroom next week. I'm feeling this game as my assignment 8) Go Falcons!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg will need to come out a little more inspired that they did last night, but you have to expect that when you play a team like Rock Hill.

Sure looked like the Burg was trying to work on some things and I'm sure they tried to show as little as possible.

This should be a good game, just like last years. I believe it will come down to turnovers. They killed the Burg last year in this game, especially the big one right before half.

Every game from here on out is a must win game for the Burg in order for them to make the playoffs. If not win out, they will need to win at least 2 out of the 3 against Minford, Valley and West. Valley and West are on the road, so will be a little tougher. Minford won't be a pushover at home, but it will give the Burg a slight edge.

Good luck to the Burg and hope for an injury free game for both teams

falconbacker
Waterboy

Post by falconbacker »

Good luck to both teams. I hope to see a good, hard fought and injury free game. I will always be pulling for my Falcons!!!! :-D

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

After seeing both teams , I like Minford in a close game.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg 26

Minford 22

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I think Minford will continue to extend their win streak this season against the Pirates, but should be a real good game and a packed house at Ed Miller Stadium. I don't think Minford can post another shutout, but maybe we will only hear the cannon once.

PARALYZER
Waterboy

Post by PARALYZER »

Gotta think the holding penalties for minford will make the O-Line focus on getting back to the fundamentals and really get a good workout this week. I think this will help the running game out for minford. Each week the coaching staff has found a weakness and corrected it the following week. The boys are responding to the coaches and are a very unselfish football team.

Burg wants nothing more than to revenge the loss of last year as we did against oak hill. Burg is going to come out fired up and ready to play. They want nothing more than to dethrone the champs right off the bat. Should be a great game.

Gotta go with the Falcons in a close one.
Minford 28
Wheelersburg 20

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

minford is a very solid team! and i give them credit for beating oak hill!! great job!! but i also dont think burg played their best game against the oaks!! soo hopefully burg comes out ready to play!! if they do i'll take burg in a very close game. if the come out flat ill take minford by two td's.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Should be a great game. SOC2 is loaded this year.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Well here we go, SOC II football is here again. And I can not wait. This will be another battle to the very end. You can throw all records out the window. It don't matter who has beat who, or who is ranked higher. This is the one us Minfordites always want. I don't think the Coaches will have to work to hard to get these teams excited to play, this Friday. And I don't care what anybody says, The Burg will not come out flat, they will be ready to play.
I just hope my Falcons are able to stand up to the test. And if our D-fense plays like it did last night, I think we will be in good shape. I don't know if The Burg's backs can stand up to the hits that #32 took in the Oak Hill game. Man, what a Back!!!
But either way, this is going to be a great game. I just hope everybody is healthy, and we get to see the best of both teams.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

Minford in a close one.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Second season starts this week. No one really cares who did what before conference play. Wheelersburg hasn't been spectacular so far this year but they get to hit the reset button this week and start all over. The Falcons have looked impressive so far but winning all those games only makes everyone want to beat you more. Minford will be trying to take back to back regular season games from the pirates for what I believe would be the first time in history. If Minford improves like they have every week they can win this game. It's kind of a cliche but this team really has gotten better every single week and that is what you have to do to win games. I look for this one to be a close one, the last 4 meetings have been decided by an average of 5.5 points. Turnovers have been the key to the game in all of those games and I'm sure that is a fact that will not be lost on either coaching staff this week. Should be a great game I'm looking forward to it.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

At 143 am who woulda thought this post would be at the top of Seops board! LOL.

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

Wheelersburg by 10 in this game,Minford could only beat a depleted OH team 13-0 when they were 100% and OH was at about 65%. I honestly think Minford will be 8-2 at best, actually I see them at 7-3. One of the few times you will see me cheer for the Burg but we need the points and I actually think they are the better team,I guess we'll see come Friday night.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

UpOnTheHill wrote:Wheelersburg by 10 in this game,Minford could only beat a depleted OH team 13-0 when they were 100% and OH was at about 65%. I honestly think Minford will be 8-2 at best, actually I see them at 7-3. One of the few times you will see me cheer for the Burg but we need the points and I actually think they are the better team,I guess we'll see come Friday night.
I really can not believe what you put on here, 65%, are you kidding me!! Are you going to stand in front of #32, and #78, and the rest of that team and tell them that with out #10, there just a little over half,,as good!!!!! The Oak Hill team I saw Friday, played their hearts out, and did not give up. Sounds like some fans gave up before the game started!!!
Way to stand behind your team, talk about :what have you done for me lately!!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bushy Tail Butcher wrote:
UpOnTheHill wrote:Wheelersburg by 10 in this game,Minford could only beat a depleted OH team 13-0 when they were 100% and OH was at about 65%. I honestly think Minford will be 8-2 at best, actually I see them at 7-3. One of the few times you will see me cheer for the Burg but we need the points and I actually think they are the better team,I guess we'll see come Friday night.
I really can not believe what you put on here, 65%, are you kidding me!! Are you going to stand in front of #32, and #78, and the rest of that team and tell them that with out #10, there just a little over half,,as good!!!!! The Oak Hill team I saw Friday, played their hearts out, and did not give up. Sounds like some fans gave up before the game started!!!
Way to stand behind your team, talk about :what have you done for me lately!!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

They also had other kids get hurt during the game. I think that is what he is referring to. It was a hard hitting game thats for sure. But that is part of it. Minford kids put licks on them all night. Just part of it.

But Minford DOMINATED the line of scrimmage.....Oak Hill had no lineman injured! So it really wouldnt have mattered. If you lose in the trenches, you lose the game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

from a fighting tiger perspective, i would love to see the burg win. as we played them and beat them, which would generate more points for ironton. but minford sounds like a handful this year. this may well come down to who has the ball last, and wins the turnover battle, nonetheless a game i'd like to see myself.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

The one thing I can point to for Minford this week is the mindset....their boys "know" that they can beat Wheelersburg, they did it last year. In years past I think the thought was "If" we can beat Wheelersburg it will be a good season.....these guys know it can be done, also know that this will be a springboard game in the points...this game could send them into an almost lock for the postseason.

Good Luck and Good Health to both schools. I just love this rivalry!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Are you serious? Now don't sit around and sour grape about it, you know that's a big load of BS as well as we all do. It's not Minford fault Oak Hill had kids hurt, it's all part of the game and there were 10 others and your running game is one of the best in the area. It was completly shut down. Oak Hill had 135 yards of total offense and you're trying to say 1 guy would have made that big of an impact? Come one, man say that to the other 10 starters like Hale, and Fairchild that their efforts only make up a little half of that talent on that team.

Minford's starting defense has given up 21 points the whole year so that's under a TD per game, 4.2 points to be exact. This was their 3 straight shutout, so just maybe you ran into an excellant defense that had you well scouted.... just a thought.

Return to “Football”