SOC2: West (5-0) @ Waverly (0-5)

Westfan
SEOP

SOC2: West (5-0) @ Waverly (0-5)

Post by Westfan »

Wasn't a thread for this. Should be another tuneup before the big showdown at Minford next week. Hoping to see a little more focus from the guys with SOC play starting.

westsidelarry
Waterboy

Re: Week 5 - West at Waverly

Post by westsidelarry »

west big enough said

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West has outscored Waverly 114-14 the last 2 years. What has happened to Waverly's program?

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

WEST add another 50 to that total IMO.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

West should roll big!!!

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

I'm not sure what it matters what the points difference has been the past 2 years. In 2006 and 07 Waverly outscored West 72-21 what was wrong with West back then?
I'm not suggesting a Waverly upset, but what the score has been in any past year is completely irrelevant. As always pulling for a Tiger win over the Siders.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Tigers are very, very young with about 7 freshman on the field at times. You can't expect a varsity club in this area fielding that many freshman to compete every Friday night. There have been 3 games out of the 5 losses the Tigers were very much in and could have won (Piketon, Western Brown, Vinton County). After being pounded in the first half against a much bigger and stronger Ashland club and trailing 36-0 to halftime, the Tigers came out and pitched a shutout and scored 18 unanswered points in the 2nd half. It would have been easy to just fold up at halftime but they didn't. These young guys are growing up quick. I was impressed with how the Tigers responded in the 2nd half against Ashland and just hope they keep their heads up regardless of wins and losses. No matter what happens Friday night you can rest assured the Tigers will give it all they have.

west football
Waterboy

Post by west football »

West should take this one early and by whatever they want it to be. After last weeks game they need to play alot harder then they are i know it hard to play up key when you are playing teams that are 0-4 every week but now the schedule is getting ready to step up i just hope we step it up this week to get ready for the rest of the schedule.
All in all last week we looked go in both the running and passing game. I think three back with around 100 yards each not sure about passing yards i think about 100 yards. So we are moving the ball around to alot of diff. players this season and this will make it hard for them to key on anyone player.
Good Luck this week and we need some help in the points system this week dropped to 5th.

Equilizer
Waterboy

Post by Equilizer »

West in another blowout. They should work more on the passing though.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

^^^^^^^^I AGREE!!!!

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

Unfortunately, west will take waverly to school. It would be great to be wrong, but west has got it together and should contend for the soc2 crown after friday night. I'm still rooting for the tigers.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

West by as many as they chose, Tiger no match for the Siders.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

West, big

Fubar
Waterboy

Post by Fubar »

West by however many they want. Btw, this is week 6.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

West might want to becareful here this could be one of them trap games for them not saying they will lose but it can be a chance for a stunner in this game

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

West big, West by as many as they want, West by as many as they choose, West in another blowout,
Now that takes allot of thought.

Rastus
Waterboy

Post by Rastus »

G&B from huddle wrote:I'm not sure what it matters what the points difference has been the past 2 years. In 2006 and 07 Waverly outscored West 72-21 what was wrong with West back then?
I'm not suggesting a Waverly upset, but what the score has been in any past year is completely irrelevant. As always pulling for a Tiger win over the Siders.
Waverly had a two year upswing in talent, nothing more nothing less. Those teams were big play teams, other than thay not terribly impressive. Lets not forget that in the not too distant past Waverly lost to Valley 5 years in a row. For those that have watched SOC football for many years, Waverly is a shell of they once were, ie when Ed Bolin was at the helm.

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

Waverly gets pounded this week west wins 56-0

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Waverly fans will probably be upset, but West has to play their players most of the game. They have to get work with the meat of the SOC schedule soon to follow.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

siderman wrote:Waverly fans will probably be upset, but West has to play their players most of the game. They have to get work with the meat of the SOC schedule soon to follow.
I agree with that, will look even worse if they work on the passing game too. It might look like running up the score, but judging from scores I doubt the starters have played in the 4th quarter much at all this year. They have to play into the 4th this week if for nothing else but conditioning. Waverly might wanna have a ladder and a big 1 to stick up on the Guest side of the scoreboard.

Return to “Football”